Posted to alt.food.wine

Default FAQ Download To Computer Test

An ordinary zip file can be unzipped by nearly all computers, and there
are free zip programs if worst comes to worst. I have found that a zip
file works very well to download the FAQs to a computer, and it
reduces the file size to about 1/2 that of the uncompressed files, thus
speeding downloading. You might like to try
http://www.cwdjr.info/wine/FAQ0_3.zip . Just select save to disc. Then
select a place to save it where it will be easy to find, such as in My
Documents. Then unzip the file. This may work by double clicking or by
right clicking, depending on how your computer is set up. If asked to
select a file into which to unzip, select the same file you used to
download the zip file. When unzipped you will get a directory labeled
FAQ0_3 that contains all of the needed files. Double click on this to
see the files. Read the Read Me text file for further instructions.
This approach requires me to only make small changes to the files used
on the server. It maintains the same structure as on the server without
having to rewrite in some other format. The only things that will not
work offline are the links to other sites such as WineBid. You will
have to sign in online to use such links.

Posted to alt.food.wine

cwdjrxyz wrote:
> An ordinary zip file can be unzipped by nearly all computers, and there
> are free zip programs if worst comes to worst. I have found that a zip
> file works very well to download the FAQs to a computer, and it
> reduces the file size to about 1/2 that of the uncompressed files, thus
> speeding downloading. You might like to try
> http://www.cwdjr.info/wine/FAQ0_3.zip . Just select save to disc. Then

Successfully downloaded, unzipped with Stuffit Expander 10.2 in Mac OS
10.3.9; also, successfully unzipped using the command line tool gunzip.

Mark Lipton