Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 96 Font de Michelle blanc, 88 Boussey Bourgogne Chardonnay

96 Font de Michelle Chateauneuf du Pape blanc - Very racy and youthful, nose of lemon
and hazelnut, in the mouth surprising citrus and acid, vanilla lemon peal, a little melon,
nuts. Nice but not ripe enough yet.

88 Dennis Boussey Bourogne Chardonnay (Monthelie) - This declassified Mersault had
everything to please. Fully mature, deep color, classic creamy chardonnay nose,
custard, bitter orange, layered and very very long. Shows what the right white
can do with some age... fabulous.

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Posted to alt.food.wine

Emery Davis wrote:
> 96 Font de Michelle Chateauneuf du Pape blanc - Very racy and youthful, nose of lemon
> and hazelnut, in the mouth surprising citrus and acid, vanilla lemon peal, a little melon,
> nuts. Nice but not ripe enough yet.

Nice notes, Emery. '96 produced very light, even dilute, reds. Was it
noticeably better for whites? I really do need to get more white CdP...

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:48:38 -0400
Mark Lipton > wrote:

> Emery Davis wrote:
> > 96 Font de Michelle Chateauneuf du Pape blanc - Very racy and youthful, nose of lemon
> > and hazelnut, in the mouth surprising citrus and acid, vanilla lemon peal, a little melon,
> > nuts. Nice but not ripe enough yet.

> Nice notes, Emery. '96 produced very light, even dilute, reds. Was it
> noticeably better for whites? I really do need to get more white CdP...

Hi Mark,

According to M. Gonnet it was indeed better for whites. My tastings concur,
but that said it is not a stellar year. I bought very little red that year,
even from my regulars, and the FdM is the only white. It remains to be
seen whether the acidity will overbalance with time.

-E