Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Chave

Since it was just mentioned I was e-mailed this ad from Zachy's in New
York

THIS JUST IN...91 POINT CHAVE FOR $15!!!
We just heard the news and put our entire allocation of this Baby
Chateauneuf du Pape on sale!!
Cotes du Rhone Mon Coeur JL Chave 2004 (91WS)
"Dark coffee and game aromas herald this burly red, with dark plum,
hoisin sauce,chestnut, tar and garrigue flavors that pump through the
structured finish. A very big Cotes du Rhone...91." WS 10/06

From the prices around here this seems to be a good deal.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Thanks.

What food pairings go best with a Cotes Du Rhone like this?

"Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> Since it was just mentioned I was e-mailed this ad from Zachy's in New
> York
>

> THIS JUST IN...91 POINT CHAVE FOR $15!!!
> We just heard the news and put our entire allocation of this Baby
> Chateauneuf du Pape on sale!!
> Cotes du Rhone Mon Coeur JL Chave 2004 (91WS)
> "Dark coffee and game aromas herald this burly red, with dark plum,
> hoisin sauce,chestnut, tar and garrigue flavors that pump through the
> structured finish. A very big Cotes du Rhone...91." WS 10/06
>
> From the prices around here this seems to be a good deal.

Posted to alt.food.wine

In article t>,
"Richard Neidich" > wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> What food pairings go best with a Cotes Du Rhone like this?
>

> "Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> > Since it was just mentioned I was e-mailed this ad from Zachy's in New
> > York
> >

> > THIS JUST IN...91 POINT CHAVE FOR $15!!!
> > We just heard the news and put our entire allocation of this Baby
> > Chateauneuf du Pape on sale!!
> > Cotes du Rhone Mon Coeur JL Chave 2004 (91WS)
> > "Dark coffee and game aromas herald this burly red, with dark plum,
> > hoisin sauce,chestnut, tar and garrigue flavors that pump through the
> > structured finish. A very big Cotes du Rhone...91." WS 10/06
> >
> > From the prices around here this seems to be a good deal.

I would drink this with anything that a Cote du Rhone is good with for
me game meats are my favorite, elk, venison, boar etc. but a good steak
is fine as well.

Chave and Lewis Bi!! Wine 0 24-07-2010 06:18 PM
another update - '04 Chave St J Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 5 25-08-2009 11:34 PM
update - '04 Chave St. J Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 30-07-2009 10:30 PM
First Chave, Offerus 2003, then St. Josept 2003...now 2004 Chave Cotes Du Rhone Mon Coeur Richard Neidich Wine 0 14-09-2006 05:24 PM
Chave 2003 Offerus vs Chave Domain St Joseph 2003 Richard Neidich Wine 2 13-09-2006 05:19 PM