Posted to alt.food.wine

Default PING: Lord St Helier

G'day mate. Caught up with Joe Grillii at a recent portfolio tasting
(Smith & Sons P/L & Negociants Aust.). Was having a chin wag, went to
mention your name...and ummm.. was stumped....what IS the Good Lord's
name? Anyway, he wants me to email him if i ESTABLISH YOUR REAL
NAME...:>)

ALSO, I think I have found a NZ SB I like even more than Palliser. It
is a limited bottling of an upmarket Giesen.... Andrew
something?..(Tasting notes are at the shop!!). Any knowledge of this
one?

hooroo....
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Lord St Helier

"Swooper" wrote .....

> G'day mate. Caught up with Joe Grillii at a recent portfolio
> tasting (Smith & Sons P/L & Negociants Aust.).
> Was having a chin wag, went to mention your name...
> and ummm.. was stumped....what IS the Good Lord's
> name? Anyway, he wants me to email him if i ESTABLISH
> YOUR REAL NAME...:>)

I first visited Joe and Dina at the winery in Virginia, SA in January, 2002
in the company of his NZ distributor Dave Batten when visiting Adelaide to
see NZ whip Australia in a one day cricket match on Australia Day (one of
the proudest days to be a NZer on the terraces)

We joined the entire Grilli family for a wonderful afternoon of sensational
Australian/Italian cuisine and Primo/Joseph wines.

I further caught up with Joe at a tasting late last year in Auckland
(courtesy of Burleigh Trading) and joined him for a meal at Toto Restaurant
(Italian - what else!) before I faced a three hour drive home.

My (shortened, real name is Andrew Bourke) - if he doesn't remember me - I
shall just have to call in again, and "refresh his memory.

Nonetheless, I am a great advocate for everything Joe stands for; from his
Primo "il briccone, shiraz / sangiovese blend" to the Joseph Sparkling Red
to the Joseph "Moda" amarone styled red.

I still have a couple of bottles of his Joseph Nebbiolo stashed - and I'll
bet you have not tried that wine - scarce as rocking horse sh*t.

Copy this and send it to him - he does possess a photographic book on NZ
wineries by Kevin Judd (Cloudy Bay) which I sent him by way of a thank you
for his hospitality (he was at Roseworthy with Judd!)

Best regards from over the ditch

--

st.helier

> ALSO, I think I have found a NZ SB I like even more than Palliser. It
> is a limited bottling of an upmarket Giesen.... Andrew
> something?..(Tasting notes are at the shop!!). Any knowledge of this
> one?
>
> hooroo....

Posted to alt.food.wine

st. helier = Andrew Bourke = 275 pounds; knuckles dragging on the ground

Can we please get a picture of you.... this I have to see Andrew!

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> "Swooper" wrote .....
>>
>> G'day mate. Caught up with Joe Grillii at a recent portfolio
>> tasting (Smith & Sons P/L & Negociants Aust.).
>> Was having a chin wag, went to mention your name...
>> and ummm.. was stumped....what IS the Good Lord's
>> name? Anyway, he wants me to email him if i ESTABLISH
>> YOUR REAL NAME...:>)
>>

> I first visited Joe and Dina at the winery in Virginia, SA in January,
> 2002 in the company of his NZ distributor Dave Batten when visiting
> Adelaide to see NZ whip Australia in a one day cricket match on Australia
> Day (one of the proudest days to be a NZer on the terraces)
>
> We joined the entire Grilli family for a wonderful afternoon of
> sensational Australian/Italian cuisine and Primo/Joseph wines.
>
> I further caught up with Joe at a tasting late last year in Auckland
> (courtesy of Burleigh Trading) and joined him for a meal at Toto
> Restaurant (Italian - what else!) before I faced a three hour drive home.
>
> My (shortened, real name is Andrew Bourke) - if he doesn't remember me -
> I shall just have to call in again, and "refresh his memory.
>
> Nonetheless, I am a great advocate for everything Joe stands for; from
> his Primo "il briccone, shiraz / sangiovese blend" to the Joseph Sparkling
> Red to the Joseph "Moda" amarone styled red.
>
> I still have a couple of bottles of his Joseph Nebbiolo stashed - and
> I'll bet you have not tried that wine - scarce as rocking horse sh*t.
>
> Copy this and send it to him - he does possess a photographic book on NZ
> wineries by Kevin Judd (Cloudy Bay) which I sent him by way of a thank you
> for his hospitality (he was at Roseworthy with Judd!)
>
> Best regards from over the ditch
>
> --
>
> st.helier
>

>> ALSO, I think I have found a NZ SB I like even more than Palliser. It
>> is a limited bottling of an upmarket Giesen.... Andrew
>> something?..(Tasting notes are at the shop!!). Any knowledge of this
>> one?
>>
>> hooroo....

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:52:55 +1200, "st.helier"
> wrote:

>"Swooper" wrote .....
>>
>> G'day mate. Caught up with Joe Grillii at a recent portfolio
>> tasting (Smith & Sons P/L & Negociants Aust.).
>> Was having a chin wag, went to mention your name...
>> and ummm.. was stumped....what IS the Good Lord's
>> name? Anyway, he wants me to email him if i ESTABLISH
>> YOUR REAL NAME...:>)
>>

>I first visited Joe and Dina at the winery in Virginia, SA in January, 2002
>in the company of his NZ distributor Dave Batten when visiting Adelaide to
>see NZ whip Australia in a one day cricket match on Australia Day (one of
>the proudest days to be a NZer on the terraces)
>
>We joined the entire Grilli family for a wonderful afternoon of sensational
>Australian/Italian cuisine and Primo/Joseph wines.
>
>I further caught up with Joe at a tasting late last year in Auckland
>(courtesy of Burleigh Trading) and joined him for a meal at Toto Restaurant
>(Italian - what else!) before I faced a three hour drive home.
>
>My (shortened, real name is Andrew Bourke) - if he doesn't remember me - I
>shall just have to call in again, and "refresh his memory.
>
>Nonetheless, I am a great advocate for everything Joe stands for; from his
>Primo "il briccone, shiraz / sangiovese blend" to the Joseph Sparkling Red
>to the Joseph "Moda" amarone styled red.
>
>I still have a couple of bottles of his Joseph Nebbiolo stashed - and I'll
>bet you have not tried that wine - scarce as rocking horse sh*t.
>
>Copy this and send it to him - he does possess a photographic book on NZ
>wineries by Kevin Judd (Cloudy Bay) which I sent him by way of a thank you
>for his hospitality (he was at Roseworthy with Judd!)
>
>Best regards from over the ditch

I have stocked both Il Bricone and LaBiondina in the past, they have
cult following. As a result of the tasting, I have ordered some of
his "Merlesco", which is an elegant Merlot at an exceptional price
considering it's quality, then again, value is what Joe Grilli and
Primo seem to offer consistently.

BTW, I would not be bragging about a one day cricket win over the
Aussies, if I still had an unpaid bet (couple of years now...lol)
regarding a double hit from rugby and cricket wager.... :>)

I will forward info to Joe and say Gidday.

hooroo cobber...
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Matt S" wrote ...........

> I have stocked both Il Bricone and LaBiondina in the past, they have
> cult following. As a result of the tasting, I have ordered some of
> his "Merlesco", which is an elegant Merlot at an exceptional price
> considering it's quality, then again, value is what Joe Grilli and
> Primo seem to offer consistently.

I haven't seen the Merlesco onthis side of the Tasman as yet - but will be
enquiring as to when it is arriving.

> BTW, I would not be bragging about a one day cricket win over
> the Aussies, if I still had an unpaid bet (couple of years now...lol)
> regarding a double hit from rugby and cricket wager.... :>)

Hey, I never forget my debts - it just transpired that I have been firmly
anchored in NZ since my sojourn to France last year.

Besides, what with stunning victories in Union (this year); League (last
years tri-nations); and Netball (when was the last time Australia beat the
Silver ferns?) - I am sure that anything I brought over would probably
choke you.

But, have patience my friend - His Lordship will return.

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" wrote ..........

> st. helier = Andrew Bourke = 275 pounds; knuckles dragging on the ground
>
> Can we please get a picture of you.... this I have to see Andrew!

Mock not Mr Neidich !

In the interests of full disclosure (first and last time!)

st.helier = Alexander Andrew St.Helier-Bourke = (as of this morning) 265
pounds = knuckles either wrapped around barbell or slamming into punching
bag (sans gloves) - in training for future visit.

Be afraid - be very afraid

;-)))

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

Well, I can probably out run you!!! Bet you are at least slow!!! :-0

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> "Richard Neidich" wrote ..........
>>
>> st. helier = Andrew Bourke = 275 pounds; knuckles dragging on the ground
>>
>> Can we please get a picture of you.... this I have to see Andrew!
>>

> Mock not Mr Neidich !
>
> In the interests of full disclosure (first and last time!)
>
> st.helier = Alexander Andrew St.Helier-Bourke = (as of this morning) 265
> pounds = knuckles either wrapped around barbell or slamming into punching
> bag (sans gloves) - in training for future visit.
>
> Be afraid - be very afraid
>
> ;-)))
>
> --
>
> st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 10:09:49 +1200, "st.helier"
> wrote:

>"Matt S" wrote ...........
>>
>> I have stocked both Il Bricone and LaBiondina in the past, they have
>> cult following. As a result of the tasting, I have ordered some of
>> his "Merlesco", which is an elegant Merlot at an exceptional price
>> considering it's quality, then again, value is what Joe Grilli and
>> Primo seem to offer consistently.

>I haven't seen the Merlesco onthis side of the Tasman as yet - but will be
>enquiring as to when it is arriving.
>

>> BTW, I would not be bragging about a one day cricket win over
>> the Aussies, if I still had an unpaid bet (couple of years now...lol)
>> regarding a double hit from rugby and cricket wager.... :>)
>>

>Hey, I never forget my debts - it just transpired that I have been firmly
>anchored in NZ since my sojourn to France last year.
>
>Besides, what with stunning victories in Union (this year); League (last
>years tri-nations); and Netball (when was the last time Australia beat the
>Silver ferns?) - I am sure that anything I brought over would probably
>choke you.
>
>But, have patience my friend - His Lordship will return.

I am but a grasshopper to your masterful ways...:>)

hooroo....
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" wrote -

> Well, I can probably out run you!!! Bet you are at least slow!!! :-0

You are probably right - now.

Was no slouch around the rugby field - ran 10 marathons, last one aged
44 - weighing in at 100kg (what's that - around 220 pounds) 3h3m27s.

Fueled by NZ SB (says His Lordship trying desperately to get a little on
topic!)

--

st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

Well, I have never run a marathon but I did play American Football in
College for a ranked team. Well, we were not ranked in 1976-79....but we
were later in the early 1990's when I was not there. Not really a
comparison the Rugby.

But I am younger, and faster.

I think I will surrender. Plus I cannot hit someone older than me. Its
disrespectful.

I really am upset that I did not get to NZ when in Aus. recently. Sad to
have been that far away and not to NZ.

"st.helier" > wrote in message
> "Richard Neidich" wrote -
>>
>> Well, I can probably out run you!!! Bet you are at least slow!!! :-0
>>

> You are probably right - now.
>
> Was no slouch around the rugby field - ran 10 marathons, last one aged
> 44 - weighing in at 100kg (what's that - around 220 pounds) 3h3m27s.
>
> Fueled by NZ SB (says His Lordship trying desperately to get a little on
> topic!)
>
> --
>
> st.helier

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Richard Neidich" wrote .............

> Well, I have never run a marathon but I did play American Football in
> College for a ranked team. Well, we were not ranked in 1976-79....but we
> were later in the early 1990's when I was not there. Not really a
> comparison the Rugby.

No comparison, but I am getting to know the rules of the American game from
watching on ESPN.

> But I am younger, and faster.
>
> I think I will surrender. Plus I cannot hit someone older than me. Its
> disrespectful.

Aw go on - I'll take my glasses off !!! ;-)

> I really am upset that I did not get to NZ when in Aus. recently. Sad to
> have been that far away and not to NZ.

Always a next time, Dick.

--

st.helier

Ping---> Lord St. Helier Professor[_3_] Wine 6 09-03-2008 11:13 PM
PING CHUNG [ Proof of LORD Almighty GOD: Pastorio died on April Fool's day and diabetic FR continues to rage. Cary Kittrell General Cooking 0 20-04-2007 06:25 PM
Lord St Helier in Provence Cwdjrx _ Wine 6 24-09-2005 06:37 PM
st. helier... Dan the Man Wine 8 20-08-2004 03:43 AM
Attention Lord St Helier!!! (was Attention Swooper) swooper Wine 1 16-11-2003 07:19 AM