Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Chave 2003 Offerus vs Chave Domain St Joseph 2003

Tried both....could not really discerne a difference.

Both Chave 2003 seemed GREAT!

While the Offerus was some $15 a bottle less than the Domaine Saint
Joseph--it there was a difference...it was not detectable by me.

Posted to alt.food.wine

Just because I did not notice a difference does not mean its not there.
Sometimes my tastes are off. Some medications can mess with tastes.

I will check this again next week.

"John Gunn" > wrote in message
67.5...
> "Richard Neidich" > wrote in news:npTNg.7090$v%
> :
>
>> Tried both....could not really discerne a difference.
>>
>> Both Chave 2003 seemed GREAT!
>>
>> While the Offerus was some $15 a bottle less than the Domaine Saint
>> Joseph--it there was a difference...it was not detectable by me.

> I'm really surprised, Richard. However, that sounds like a pretty good
> outcome for you. The cheaper wine as a match for the more expensive.
> Sounds like you made a good purchase for yourself.
>
> John

update - '04 Chave St. J Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 30-07-2009 10:30 PM
Chave Lawrence Leichtman Wine 2 21-09-2006 03:13 PM
First Chave, Offerus 2003, then St. Josept 2003...now 2004 Chave Cotes Du Rhone Mon Coeur Richard Neidich Wine 0 14-09-2006 05:24 PM
Saint-Joseph 2003 Offerus Richard Neidich Wine 16 12-09-2006 01:30 AM
Offertus 2003 St Joseph Joseph Coulter Wine 0 11-04-2006 01:31 AM