FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   Are ANY soy-type powders soluble? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/95448-any-soy-type-powders.html)

[email protected] 04-07-2006 08:14 PM

Are ANY soy-type powders soluble?

I've been trying to find a good milk substitute and have experimented
with some soy or soy-containing powders. Value Protein, by Healthsmart
doesn't seem to be made any more. The main problem is that most of
these don't dissolve--they end up with a mass at the bottom of the
bottle. The Value Protein dissolved a bit better than most, but still.
a lot of stuff on the bottom. Has anyone found a soy or similar veg
protein that dissolves?

serene 05-07-2006 02:15 AM

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 19:14:58 GMT, wrote:

>I've been trying to find a good milk substitute and have experimented
>with some soy or soy-containing powders. Value Protein, by Healthsmart
>doesn't seem to be made any more. The main problem is that most of
>these don't dissolve--they end up with a mass at the bottom of the
>bottle. The Value Protein dissolved a bit better than most, but still.
>a lot of stuff on the bottom. Has anyone found a soy or similar veg
>protein that dissolves?

I make nut and rice milks rather than using powders or commercial
milks. They're really easy.

1 cup stuff (*)
4 cups water
Blend and strain.

*Stuff: raw cashews, raw almonds, cooked rice (white/brown/whatever),
raw oats, just about any nut or grain

serene
--
Kissing Hank's Ass is 10 years old!