Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default Substitute in pasta sauce

I am mot a newbie to cooking, but newbie to recipe substitutions. I
recently retired and my wife has not, so I thought I'd try to do the
lion's share of meal prep for the two of us. My total chlosterol at
105, but my wife's is over 250, so we are going to try and get this
down by doing a lot of veg consumption.

Specifically, I an looking to do a substitute for pork chops in our
family's spaghetti sauce. Ingredients are the usual - tomato paste,
tomato juice (or diced tomatos if you have time for extended cooking),
garlic and herbs/spices. The base of the recipe is bone-in pork chops
- they are browned, removed, then the other ingredients added to the
brown bits/olive oil, and then the chops are added back in for the
balance of the cooking. I would like to substitute something in the
vege arena for the cjops to preserve the rich flavor of the sauce.
Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Thanks for reading....
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

You might like the Boca Italian Sausage or the Litelife Smart Italian
Sausage.