FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   Looking for easy veggie book (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/84855-looking-easy-veggie-book.html)

Kim Tame 05-03-2006 01:06 PM

Looking for easy veggie book

Hi, guys.

My brother has recently announced he is vegetarian, which I think is
great. However, he and his wife both have learning difficulties, and
I'm concerned that they need to understand fully how to have a
balanced diet.

Does anyone know of an easy recipe book that explains very clearly how
to have a complete protein, etc? It shouldn't be aimed at children,
as he would find that patronising. My brother and sister in law can
both read well and follow recipes, but good pictures would be
important, and so would everyday, unpretentious ingredients.

Is that a tall order? Our local WH Smith wasn't much help. I've
found Easy Vegetarian by Fran Warde on Amazon.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Kim
--

Kim

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to send 14-03-2006 05:20 PM

Kim Tame wrote:

> Does anyone know of an easy recipe book that explains very clearly how
> to have a complete protein, etc? It shouldn't be aimed at children,
> as he would find that patronising. My brother and sister in law can
> both read well and follow recipes, but good pictures would be
> important, and so would everyday, unpretentious ingredients.

Is Diet for a Small Planet still around?

katrine 17-03-2006 12:10 AM

Looking for easy veggie book

<quote>
Does anyone know of an easy recipe book that explains very clearly how
to have a complete protein, etc? It shouldn't be aimed at children,
as he would find that patronising. My brother and sister in law can
both read well and follow recipes, but good pictures would be
important, and so would everyday, unpretentious ingredients.
<end quote>

Hi
well, "Vegetarian for dummies" (can be ordered from amazon) will explain a
few things, althogh it does'nt have a lot of pictures. In generel people
need a lot less protein, than they think. I just bougth "Students vegetaian
cookbook" by Carole Raymond, that has som issues on that, although more on
how beneficial it is for nature to become a vegetarian. It has no pictures,
but a shopping list, a list for how to store vegetables, and tons of easy
recipies and inspirational sides, within texmex culture, sandwich, salads,
soups etc. Hope u can use som of it. Good luck.

Kim Tame 24-03-2006 11:00 AM

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 00:10:56 GMT, "katrine" > wrote:
>well, "Vegetarian for dummies" (can be ordered from amazon) will explain a
>few things, althogh it does'nt have a lot of pictures. In generel people
>need a lot less protein, than they think. I just bougth "Students vegetaian
>cookbook" by Carole Raymond, that has som issues on that, although more on
>how beneficial it is for nature to become a vegetarian. It has no pictures,
>but a shopping list, a list for how to store vegetables, and tons of easy
>recipies and inspirational sides, within texmex culture, sandwich, salads,
>soups etc. Hope u can use som of it. Good luck.

Thanks, Katrine and Melinda. I'll check out those books.
Kim

--

Kim

[moderator trimmed quoting - gedge]