Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default Chinese bean recipes?

I was telling a Chinese coworker about how I was disappointed over the
absence of beans in Chinese Vegetarian cuisine in area restaurants and
in Chinese vegetarian cooking.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful vegetable dishes, but as far as
substantial protein sources go everything I have seen is about tofu,
seitan, or "Buddha's Meats"( faux meats ).

My coworker told me that Chinese eat beans all of the time and offered
the opinion that foreigners do not see their use in Chinese vegetarian
cuisine because the Chinese consider beans ordinary every day food.

So, how about it? Does anyone have any Chinese vegan bean recipes?
Does anyone know of any books or site with a significant number of
Chinese vegan bean recipes?

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

> My coworker told me that Chinese eat beans all of the time and offered
> the opinion that foreigners do not see their use in Chinese vegetarian
> cuisine because the Chinese consider beans ordinary every day food.

Frustrating isn't it - so many vegan traditions that are adulterated
and lost to the western all consuming diabetes promoting diet

In nutriition we are often having to encourage people to return to a
diet more like their grandmother's (or great-grandmother's)

Tony - http://www.foodsforlife.org.uk
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

> In nutriition we are often having to encourage people to return to a
> diet more like their grandmother's (or great-grandmother's)

When it was normal for people to die in their 50's.

Ah.. the good old days.