Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
lafill

Default Soy Allergy

I was on a soy based vegetarian diet until I developed an allergy to soy
and can no longer eat it. Are there any other protein sources, beside
eggs, that I can substitute for soy?
--
lafill

[moderator removed animal reference - gedge]
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Viviane

lafill wrote:
> I was on a soy based vegetarian diet until I developed an allergy to soy
> and can no longer eat it. Are there any other protein sources, beside
> eggs, that I can substitute for soy?
> --
> lafill
>
> [moderator removed animal reference - gedge]

You should be able to find what you're looking for on this page about
protein combinations:
http://veggietable.allinfo-about.com...s/protein.html

Cheers,

Viviane
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Steve

lafill wrote:
> I was on a soy based vegetarian diet until I developed an allergy to soy
> and can no longer eat it. Are there any other protein sources, beside
> eggs, that I can substitute for soy?

- legumes ( beans, peas, peanuts, & lentils )

- nuts

- whole grains ( brown rice, buckwheat, oats, wheat, rye, barley,
quinua, amaranth, bulgar wheat )

- foods made from wheat gluten ( the protein in wheat ), seitan, various
fake meats

You probably want to do a little bit of each. Over exposing yourself to
one food increases the risk of developing an allergy

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
lafill

Thanks. The Administrator permitting. I found the web site extremely
useful.

Viviane wrote:
> lafill wrote:
>> I was on a soy based vegetarian diet until I developed an allergy to soy
>> and can no longer eat it. Are there any other protein sources, beside
>> eggs, that I can substitute for soy?
>> --
>> lafill
>>
>> [moderator removed animal reference - gedge]

> You should be able to find what you're looking for on this page about
> protein combinations:
> http://veggietable.allinfo-about.com...s/protein.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Viviane

Mackerel allergy Ophelia[_1_] General Cooking 0 16-04-2008 08:10 PM
Egg Allergy ebrian General Cooking 36 15-06-2007 02:19 AM
peanut allergy Phyllis Stone General Cooking 5 20-03-2006 10:28 PM
Peanut allergy BS? Lefty General Cooking 29 08-03-2006 11:42 PM
More peanut allergy BS Peter Aitken General Cooking 16 07-03-2006 08:20 PM