FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   nutrition sources? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/77685-nutrition-sources.html)

Stacy 29-12-2005 01:05 AM

nutrition sources?

Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

Steve 29-12-2005 08:05 PM

nutrition sources?

Stacy wrote:
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

jmk 29-12-2005 08:05 PM

nutrition sources?

Stacy wrote:
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

These are two of my favorites

http://www.nutritiondata.com/
http://www.calorieking.com/

--
jmk in NC

Mark 29-12-2005 08:05 PM

nutrition sources?

Stacy wrote in :
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

Hi Stacy.

The USDA has a website where you can search different foods and get the
nutritional information:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/index.html

There's also (Windows and Palm PDA) software you can download from them
that lets you search their database:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=5720

Mark

Eye Indo 01-01-2006 11:33 AM

nutrition sources?

Thanks for the link. I have been looking for this kind of data for a long
time since I have a recipe listing proggie where I can enter the nutrition
facts of the particular recipe.

. 163...

Dawn[_4_] 24-06-2006 10:33 AM

nutrition sources?

"Stacy" > wrote in message
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

Great web site:
http://www.whfoods.com/index.html

scott442 06-02-2013 06:54 AM

Look around on the Internet - There are lots of website present there to help you. While searching online, I came across several good webiste like dawnfoods, richfoods and Sheffafoods, you can Google them where you can easily check the nutritional information and natural foods too.

Selena812 09-12-2013 04:51 AM

Thanks for sharing.
Smoothies, shake and juices recipes

clinicaltrials 09-12-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selena812 (Post 1888057)
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. But for your conviniencey search out using some search engines like google, yahoo etc., Where you can get exactly what u need to know about.

Deepika23 15-03-2018 08:54 AM

thanks for the sharing this information, its very useful for us.