Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Stacy

Default nutrition sources?

Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Steve

Stacy wrote:
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
jmk

Stacy wrote:
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

These are two of my favorites

http://www.nutritiondata.com/
http://www.calorieking.com/

--
jmk in NC
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Mark

Stacy wrote in :
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

Hi Stacy.

The USDA has a website where you can search different foods and get the
nutritional information:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/index.html

There's also (Windows and Palm PDA) software you can download from them
that lets you search their database:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=5720

Mark
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Eye Indo

Thanks for the link. I have been looking for this kind of data for a long
time since I have a recipe listing proggie where I can enter the nutrition
facts of the particular recipe.

"Mark" > wrote in message
. 163...
> Stacy wrote in :
>> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
>> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

> Hi Stacy.
>
> The USDA has a website where you can search different foods and get the
> nutritional information:
>
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/index.html
>
> There's also (Windows and Palm PDA) software you can download from them
> that lets you search their database:
>
> http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=5720
>
> Mark

Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

"Stacy" > wrote in message
> Can anyone suggest some good websites for checking on nutritional
> information on foods, (mainly fruits & vegetables)?

Great web site:
http://www.whfoods.com/index.html
Experienced Member

Smile

Look around on the Internet - There are lots of website present there to help you. While searching online, I came across several good webiste like dawnfoods, richfoods and Sheffafoods, you can Google them where you can easily check the nutritional information and natural foods too.
Member

Thanks for sharing.
_______________________________
Smoothies, shake and juices recipes

Last edited by Selena812 : 15-11-2014 at 11:12 AM
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena812 View Post
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for sharing. But for your conviniencey search out using some search engines like google, yahoo etc., Where you can get exactly what u need to know about.
Member

Thumbs up

thanks for the sharing this information, its very useful for us.