Bob Smith

Default Falafels

Does anyone have a decent falafel recipe? I tried making them according to
one recipe I have but they came out a bit dry and tasteless. I prefer to use
raw rather than canned ones btw

TIA
Don Quinoa

Flavour will come from Cumin , coriander, salt , garlic and lemon
juice.

You could even add a little ginger or nutmeg if you were feeling
adventurous.

Replace half of the tahini with some other nut butter such as pumpkin
seed or hemp.

To make them more moist add a little finely chopped mushroom or spring
onion.

I had some fallafel that had a little mashed rice in as well - this
made them lighter and sweeter.

Another version I tried recently had Broad beans added to the mix -
they were delicious very lemony and good hit of fresh coriander.

Tony - www.vegan-cookbook.com
Bob Smith

"Don Quinoa" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Flavour will come from Cumin , coriander, salt , garlic and lemon
> juice.

Missed the lemon juice ...

> You could even add a little ginger or nutmeg if you were feeling
> adventurous.

Ginger goes in everything I cook :-)

> Replace half of the tahini with some other nut butter such as pumpkin
> seed or hemp.

Aha, the recipe I had just used water to hold it together - didn't mention
tahini!

> To make them more moist add a little finely chopped mushroom or spring
> onion.

Will have a go with mushrooms, that sounds good.

> I had some fallafel that had a little mashed rice in as well - this
> made them lighter and sweeter.
>
> Another version I tried recently had Broad beans added to the mix -
> they were delicious very lemony and good hit of fresh coriander.
>
> Tony - www.vegan-cookbook.com

Thanks a lot!
Bob Smith

"Bob Smith" > wrote ...
> Does anyone have a decent falafel recipe?

Found this recipe and tried it last night - delicious!

http://www.foodiesite.com/recipes/2000-01/falafel.jsp