Me

Default foods rich in gamma tocopherol

I've been reading on the benefits of gamma tocopherol (E) as opposed to
alpha tocopherol.

So far, the only foods they keep listing as a natural source for this is
walnuts, pecans, sesamme seed oil, corn oil (which you have to be careful
with since it can increase chance of certain cancers in some people).

Does anyone know of other foods such as vegetables, beans, fruits etc., that
are rich in gamma tocopherol other than the nuts. I'm getting enufa nuts
(and they get quite fattening with too much).

Thanks,
me
Don Quinoa

Me wrote:
> I've been reading on the benefits of gamma tocopherol (E) as opposed to
> alpha tocopherol(synthetic)

I suspect one of the reasons why they've found that gamma tocopherol is
better is that when it's in food it comes free with lots of other
healthy goodies and phytonutrients.

Advocados and wheat are good sources and apparently sweet potatoes too.

The benefits of E come from it's anti oxident properties and it works
well with vitamin C another great anti oxident.

Look for (natural) brightly coloured plant based foods (such as
strawberries)and you wont go far wrong.

Tony - http://www.foodsforlife.org.uk