Carrie Melle

Default seawed salad

looking for a good tastey seaweed salad same kind served in chinese/japanese
restaurants...thanks in adavance for all your help. C
Don Quinoa

Carrie Melle wrote:
> looking for a good tastey seaweed salad same kind served in

chinese/japanese
> restaurants...thanks in adavance for all your help. C

That crispy stuff you get in the average restaurants is usually deep
fried cabbage with sugar and salt and often shrimp or fish powder and
if you are lucky some cashew nuts.

The best seaweed for salad I think is dulse - it's a delcate purple
seaweed from scotland, Ireland or France but I think the Japanese have
something similar.

see

http://www.iol.ie/~kerry-web/dulsef.html

http://www.herbsbypost.net/product.php?id=293
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Don Quinoa wrote on 19 Apr 2005 in rec.food.veg.cooking

> The best seaweed for salad I think is dulse - it's a delcate
> purple seaweed from scotland, Ireland or France but I think the
> Japanese have something similar.

Dulse is also available from Nova Scotia or New Brunswick Canada. My
FIL always brought some back from his trips there.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Monsur Fromage du Pollet

Don Quinoa wrote on 19 Apr 2005 in rec.food.veg.cooking

> The best seaweed for salad I think is dulse - it's a delcate
> purple seaweed from scotland, Ireland or France but I think the
> Japanese have something similar.

Dulse is also available from Nova Scotia or New Brunswick Canada. My
FIL always brought some back from his trips there.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban
Carrie Melle

thank guys will order the dulse and let ya know how it turns out...

Carrie