Frank Oxley

Default potatoes

Hi

My wife insists on dumping potatoes that have begun to sprout shoots on the
grounds they are poisonous.
I disagree.
Who is right?

Frank
dug88

I tried the taste.
NOT really a thrill
if you store potatoes in the sunshine they will turn green
and they should only be planted.
the green skin actually does have a bad toxin,

if you want a gardening trick for potatoes,
plant your potato in the ground.
then put an old car tire on it.
as the plant gets over top of the height of the tire thickness, fill in the
tire with dirt, and add another tire
I only have four used tires, but i get a wheeel barrel full oif potaoes from
one plant.

"WYLLADENE" > wrote in message
> My mom & dad always took the sprouts off their potatoes. My dad was a
> great gardner & raised all his own potatoes.
> Wylladene

quietguy

If they have that green tinge then chuck em

David