Default amazing vegetarian barbecue, from leftovers

My wife and I bought a really large, family-sized UnTurkey this year.
It was way too big for us and we knew we'd get bored of leftovers. I
cut the top off the turkey, marinaded it with trader joes mesquite
marinade and it turned out to be the absolute number one barbecue
analogue I've EVER had. Chalk up one more meat item I'm not craving,
because that was PERFECT.

I've tried many decent rib products- barbecue flavored tofu, tempeh,
seitan, etc, but nothing compared to the unturkey marinaded for two
days in that sauce.

the "bottom" of the unturkey was left untouched so we could enjoy the
tofu and stuffing mix as nature intended.

Don
rmg

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> My wife and I bought a really large, family-sized UnTurkey this year.
> It was way too big for us and we knew we'd get bored of leftovers. I
> cut the top off the turkey, marinaded it with trader joes mesquite
> marinade and it turned out to be the absolute number one barbecue
> analogue I've EVER had.

Mmm. Sounds nice. I love un-ribs, so I'll make sure to try your suggestion.
Thanks!
rmg

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> My wife and I bought a really large, family-sized UnTurkey this year.
> It was way too big for us and we knew we'd get bored of leftovers. I
> cut the top off the turkey, marinaded it with trader joes mesquite
> marinade and it turned out to be the absolute number one barbecue
> analogue I've EVER had.

Mmm. Sounds nice. I love un-ribs, so I'll make sure to try your suggestion.
Thanks!

Taking a crack at defining and explalinin barbecue was Simple barbecue sauce Chris Malme Barbecue 0 30-09-2011 10:29 AM
make amazing vegetarian humus or falafel buzz[_3_] Vegan 1 10-06-2008 02:42 AM
Amazing! Sheldon General Cooking 3 14-07-2007 07:14 PM
Near Vegetarian to Vegetarian to Vegan Steve Vegan 14 07-10-2004 08:47 AM
FA: Four Vegetarian Books for children, mothers, etc. VEGAN VEGETARIAN Mark General Cooking 0 05-08-2004 09:11 PM