gregory.bohn

Default Stir Fry Sauce Question

New guy here!
Happy New Year to all!
I'm looking for a recipe for a stir fry sauce. I like to stir fry whatever
veggies I have around but the store bought sauces are way too salty.
Any suggestions for a "universal stir fry sauce" will be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Greg

gregory.bohn wrote:
> New guy here!
> Happy New Year to all!
> I'm looking for a recipe for a stir fry sauce. I like to stir fry

whatever
> veggies I have around but the store bought sauces are way too salty.
> Any suggestions for a "universal stir fry sauce" will be greatly
> appreciated.

Here's a *very* basic stir fry sauce. Put some oil in the pan, either
flavoured like olive oil or subtly flavoured like sunflower oil. Add
some crushed garlic to the oil, and cook for a bit. Add the vegetables
and stir fry for a bit. Add a few dashes of soy sauce. When the
vegetables are mostly cooked, add some vegetable stock mixed with
cornflour. I usually use 1-2 tsp of cornflour to about 200 ml of water,
with some powdered stock, and mix well. You may need to adjust the
amounts. The stock/cornflour mix should turn into sauce as you continue
to cook the vegetables. Add some pepper if you wish. Then serve.
Cheers,

Ross-c
Chef R. W. Miller

"gregory.bohn" > wrote in message
> I'm looking for a recipe for a stir fry sauce. I like to stir fry whatever
> veggies I have around but the store bought sauces are way too salty.
> Any suggestions for a "universal stir fry sauce" will be greatly
> appreciated.

Vegan Stir-Fry Sauce Recipe

2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 pinch of ginger
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
1 tablespoon sherry

Mix everything together, and after stir-frying veggies or tofu reduce heat
and add sauce. Stir for about 2 more minutes. Very easy, and delicious! A
great way to add flavor to the simplest stir fry.
---------------------------------------

Yakisoba Stir Fry

Ingredients

1 med yellow onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 can waterchestnuts
1 cup bean sprouts
4 med mushrooms
1/2 cup sweet peas
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 pkg yakisoba noodles (found in vegetable section of grocery stores)

Directions:

Chopp all of the veggies to bite size. Sautee the onion, peppers and peas
first, adding the chinese five spice as desired. Then add in the
waterchestnuts, sprouts, and mushrooms, as these require less cooking time.
Run the noodles under hot water to separate, and then add them and the
yakisoba spices (packet in noodles) to the stir fry. Toss and sautee until
desired tenderness of veggies and enjoy!
---------------------------------------

Orange Ginger Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauce

Ingredients:
1 Cup(s) orange juice
1/4 Cup(s) teriyaki sauce
2 Tablespoon(s) brown sugar
2 Tablespoon(s) minced ginger
1 Tablespoon(s) disolved in water corn starch

Directions:
combine all ingredients in an uncovered pot, with the exception of the
dissolved corn starch

simmer at low-medium temperature for about 20 minutes (while you prepare the
rest of the stir fry). add the corn starch t the last minute and stir for
about 1-2 minutes (while sauce thickens).

while sauce is simmering, prepare a vegetable stir fry with the veggies of
your choice. (i usually combine tofu with red peppers, greed peppers,
broccoli, mushrooms and carrots).? when veggies are cooked, drain any
excess liquid, and add sauce. serve on a bed of rice or rice noodles.

Sauce

1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
1 Tbs. cornstarch or arrowroot
2 Tbs. cooking wine (mirin, sake or sherry work well)
1 to 2 tsp. sesame oil, to taste (use toasted sesame oil for 1-2 tsp. soy
sauce or tamari a more robust flavor)
1/2 Tbs. rice vinegar
1 tsp. maple syrup or evaporated cane juice
1-2 Tbs. miso
salt and pepper, to taste

Whisk above ingredients together and set aside.
Enjoy
Chef R. W. Miller
Marriott Resorts & Hotels

[Excess quoting snipped by moderator.]
Chef R. W. Miller

> [...]

rest of the stir fry). add the corn starch t the last minute and stir for
about 1-2 minutes (while sauce thickens).

while sauce is simmering, prepare a vegetable stir fry with the veggies of
your choice. (i usually combine tofu with red peppers, greed peppers,
broccoli, mushrooms and carrots).? when veggies are cooked, drain any
excess liquid, and add sauce. serve on a bed of rice or rice noodles.

Sauce

1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
1 Tbs. cornstarch or arrowroot
2 Tbs. cooking wine (mirin, sake or sherry work well)
1 to 2 tsp. sesame oil, to taste (use toasted sesame oil for 1-2 tsp. soy
sauce or tamari a more robust flavor)
1/2 Tbs. rice vinegar
1 tsp. maple syrup or evaporated cane juice
1-2 Tbs. miso
salt and pepper, to taste

Whisk above ingredients together and set aside.

No One

To any of these seggestions, add about 1 teaspoon of black fermented bean
sauce or bought or home-made Hoisen sauce
[non-vegetarian suggestion removed - moderator (Gedge) ].

"Chef R. W. Miller" > wrote in message
m...
> "gregory.bohn" > wrote in message
> > I'm looking for a recipe for a stir fry sauce. I like to stir fry

whatever
> > veggies I have around but the store bought sauces are way too salty.
> > Any suggestions for a "universal stir fry sauce" will be greatly
> > appreciated.

> Vegan Stir-Fry Sauce Recipe

[Excess quoting snipped (again) - moderator]

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum

gregory.bohn wrote:

> I'm looking for a recipe for a stir fry sauce. I like to stir fry whatever
> veggies I have around but the store bought sauces are way too salty.
> Any suggestions for a "universal stir fry sauce" will be greatly
> appreciated.

You do not necessarily need a sauce at all, just add herbs and spices.
Many vegetables and mushrooms will produce a sauce as they are fried. If
you want the mixture juicier, add a tomato or two. For asian recipes a
shot of soy sauce is nice.
Megan Milligan

Try some low-sodium soy sauce, or soy sauce diluted in water, fresh ginger
chopped (or ginger juice), and some cornstarch or arrowroot mixed in to
thicken it up a bit when you add it to the stirfry & cook it a bit.
--
Megan Milligan
Desert Rose Musings (www.desertrosemusings.com) (parts still under

"None of us are strangers -- we're all just friends who haven't met yet."
-- Christopher Reeve @ at engagement @ Penn State