FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   Will you dine on vegetables and fruits? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/410620-will-you-dine-vegetables.html)

emmy007 30-08-2011 10:33 AM

Will you dine on vegetables and fruits?

It's said that farm chemicals are widely used in the growth vegetables and fruits. They can do harmto health, resulted in nerve disorders, hormone imbalance, intelligence problems and so on.

They can be classified into different types. Some are used to kill pests, called pesticide and some are designed to destroy plants or inhibits their growth, called herbicide. For instance, Alachlor (15972-60-8) is mainly used to clear away the weeds before seedling, as it can inhibit bud protein taking in shape. However, it cause slight skin and eye irritation. It may pose danger to internal organs, such as liver, kidney and spleens, etc.

Though some fruits and vegetables are left with pesticides or herbicide, their benefits to people outweigh their defects. As long as we keep good diet habits, the hazards can be reduced greatly. You'd better cook vegetables and peel fruits before dining.

I think there seems no better way to avoid it unless we do not take them as food.

Fidel 09-09-2011 08:57 AM

I like vegetarian food, this is good site i found
many recipes in this forum.......

Isaac Gish 27-10-2011 06:14 PM

I think as long as we prepare the fruits and vegetables right, we should be fine eating them. As long as you wash fruits or peel them, and make sure your vegetables are clean or cooked, we'll definitely be far better eating fruits and veggies than avoiding them because of any chemicals used to preserve them.