Vegetarian cooking (rec.food.veg.cooking) Discussion of matters related to the procurement, preparation, cooking, nutritional value and eating of vegetarian foods.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:34 PM
tan tan is offline
Experienced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 46
Default Indian Cooking

Tandoori cooking has popularised the oven-clay oven method which has produced tandoori chicken or naan bread. Indian cuisines are however generally characterized by exact combination of spices and flavours and the cooking method generally is to saute and simmer the dishes or curries over low heat. Two distinctions in many Indian recipes is the absence of beef and pork is prohibited in the Muslim diet.

Many people are mystified by traditional Indian cooking and cuisines and a little somewhat confused with the varieties of dishes, exotic spices, cooking methods, etc.
food and exercise

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 08-07-2011, 06:35 PM
tan tan is offline
Experienced Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 46
Smile

I love Indian Cooking
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 25-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Default

I like Indian cooking, my favourite recipe Sevaiyan ki kheer, this recipe has withstood the test of time and geographies, this recipe famous all over country.
People known as noodles kheer, i was made for my mother on her birthday.
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 25
Default

I love Indian food. When I was there with my friend and his family.. they prepared good food and the way they made chicken was awesome. The only thing was, little spicy, other than that.. it was good.
__________________
Hotels Cyprus
  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-09-2011, 04:01 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Have never eaten Indian cooking.Want to try.


  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 07-09-2011, 06:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
Tandoori cooking has popularised the oven-clay oven method which has produced tandoori chicken or naan bread. Indian cuisines are however generally characterized by exact combination of spices and flavours and the cooking method generally is to saute and simmer the dishes or curries over low heat. Two distinctions in many Indian recipes is the absence of beef and pork is prohibited in the Muslim diet.

Many people are mystified by traditional Indian cooking and cuisines and a little somewhat confused with the varieties of dishes, exotic spices, cooking methods, etc.
food and exercise
The varieties of cooking practices makes the idea of cooking more elaborative.
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
Default

I have been always a great fan of this Indian Tandoori Chicken.Its really good to eat this dish.I wish you should present more than one recipes to make Tandoori Chicken here.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 22-09-2011, 02:59 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 120
Default

Is it true that cooking in a oven-clay will help enhance the flavor of the food? I'm not really familiar with the dish you mentioned and I'm just beginning to know all the Indian cuisines.
  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 12-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Hi
Most Indian cooking are the favorite food of the most people. I also like some Indian cooking, my favorites are Haderabadi Biryani, Tandoori Chiken, Kheer, and Chiken Palao.
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 15-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Experienced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
Hi
Most Indian cooking are the favorite food of the most people. I also like some Indian cooking, my favorites are Haderabadi Biryani, Tandoori Chiken, Kheer, and Chiken Palao.
The fans of Indian food not only stay in India but also all over the world the ingredient which is used in India I think that type of ingredient they might have not seen.


  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Can't forget my time there in India and their culture, food and people. I loved their thali with multiple items on the table and on seeing it you will get filled and it was great.
  #12 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 14-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Experienced Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
Tandoori cooking has popularised the oven-clay oven method which has produced tandoori chicken or naan bread. Indian cuisines are however generally characterized by exact combination of spices and flavours and the cooking method generally is to saute and simmer the dishes or curries over low heat. Two distinctions in many Indian recipes is the absence of beef and pork is prohibited in the Muslim diet.

Many people are mystified by traditional Indian cooking and cuisines and a little somewhat confused with the varieties of dishes, exotic spices, cooking methods, etc.
food and exercise
India food is one of the best food in the world. No comparing of India in food.
  #13 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 3
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandrew View Post
I like Indian cooking, my favourite recipe Sevaiyan ki kheer, this recipe has withstood the test of time and geographies, this recipe famous all over country.
People known as noodles kheer, i was made for my mother on her birthday.
Its so delicious...I also like svaiyan kheer. If you put some khoya and dry fruits in this kheer. The taste of kheer becomes too good. I made it once in a month.
  #14 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 19-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merirasoi28 View Post
Its so delicious...I also like svaiyan kheer. If you put some khoya and dry fruits in this kheer. The taste of kheer becomes too good. I made it once in a month.
I love it send me recipe so i can make it.
  #15 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 02-12-2012, 05:36 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9
Default

Making an authentic Indian meal is quite simple and rewarding. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps. It is also important to know the basic ingredients of Indian cooking. It should be remembered that the south, north and west India all have their own favourite ingredients.compact kitchens


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Truth About Indian Cooking tan Asian Cooking 11 03-10-2011 11:07 AM
who like Indian cooking ????? tan Asian Cooking 5 11-08-2011 07:56 AM
Announcement - Indian Cooking in the US... happy General Cooking 0 04-01-2009 05:23 AM
Indian cooking [email protected] Vegetarian cooking 3 02-02-2008 07:03 PM
Indian Cooking Classes (in UK) Steve Y[_2_] General Cooking 1 23-10-2007 12:52 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017