tan tan is offline
Experienced Member

Default Indian Cooking

Tandoori cooking has popularised the oven-clay oven method which has produced tandoori chicken or naan bread. Indian cuisines are however generally characterized by exact combination of spices and flavours and the cooking method generally is to saute and simmer the dishes or curries over low heat. Two distinctions in many Indian recipes is the absence of beef and pork is prohibited in the Muslim diet.

Many people are mystified by traditional Indian cooking and cuisines and a little somewhat confused with the varieties of dishes, exotic spices, cooking methods, etc.
food and exercise
tan tan is offline
Experienced Member

Smile

I love Indian Cooking
Member

I like Indian cooking, my favourite recipe Sevaiyan ki kheer, this recipe has withstood the test of time and geographies, this recipe famous all over country.
People known as noodles kheer, i was made for my mother on her birthday.
Member

I love Indian food. When I was there with my friend and his family.. they prepared good food and the way they made chicken was awesome. The only thing was, little spicy, other than that.. it was good.
__________________
Hotels Cyprus
Banned

Have never eaten Indian cooking.Want to try.

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
Tandoori cooking has popularised the oven-clay oven method which has produced tandoori chicken or naan bread. Indian cuisines are however generally characterized by exact combination of spices and flavours and the cooking method generally is to saute and simmer the dishes or curries over low heat. Two distinctions in many Indian recipes is the absence of beef and pork is prohibited in the Muslim diet.

Many people are mystified by traditional Indian cooking and cuisines and a little somewhat confused with the varieties of dishes, exotic spices, cooking methods, etc.
food and exercise
The varieties of cooking practices makes the idea of cooking more elaborative.
Member

I have been always a great fan of this Indian Tandoori Chicken.Its really good to eat this dish.I wish you should present more than one recipes to make Tandoori Chicken here.
Banned

Is it true that cooking in a oven-clay will help enhance the flavor of the food? I'm not really familiar with the dish you mentioned and I'm just beginning to know all the Indian cuisines.
Member

Hi
Most Indian cooking are the favorite food of the most people. I also like some Indian cooking, my favorites are Haderabadi Biryani, Tandoori Chiken, Kheer, and Chiken Palao.
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
Hi
Most Indian cooking are the favorite food of the most people. I also like some Indian cooking, my favorites are Haderabadi Biryani, Tandoori Chiken, Kheer, and Chiken Palao.
The fans of Indian food not only stay in India but also all over the world the ingredient which is used in India I think that type of ingredient they might have not seen.

Member

Can't forget my time there in India and their culture, food and people. I loved their thali with multiple items on the table and on seeing it you will get filled and it was great.
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
Tandoori cooking has popularised the oven-clay oven method which has produced tandoori chicken or naan bread. Indian cuisines are however generally characterized by exact combination of spices and flavours and the cooking method generally is to saute and simmer the dishes or curries over low heat. Two distinctions in many Indian recipes is the absence of beef and pork is prohibited in the Muslim diet.

Many people are mystified by traditional Indian cooking and cuisines and a little somewhat confused with the varieties of dishes, exotic spices, cooking methods, etc.
food and exercise
India food is one of the best food in the world. No comparing of India in food.
Banned

Location: Chandigarh
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandrew View Post
I like Indian cooking, my favourite recipe Sevaiyan ki kheer, this recipe has withstood the test of time and geographies, this recipe famous all over country.
People known as noodles kheer, i was made for my mother on her birthday.
Its so delicious...I also like svaiyan kheer. If you put some khoya and dry fruits in this kheer. The taste of kheer becomes too good. I made it once in a month.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merirasoi28 View Post
Its so delicious...I also like svaiyan kheer. If you put some khoya and dry fruits in this kheer. The taste of kheer becomes too good. I made it once in a month.
I love it send me recipe so i can make it.
Banned

Making an authentic Indian meal is quite simple and rewarding. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps. It is also important to know the basic ingredients of Indian cooking. It should be remembered that the south, north and west India all have their own favourite ingredients.compact kitchens

Experienced Member

I love to have Indian tandoori with naan bread,because is my favorite dish and one more thing i love to go for spicy chicken tandoori.
Egg Breakfast Quesadillas recipe
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
Tandoori cooking has popularised the oven-clay oven method which has produced tandoori chicken or naan bread. Indian cuisines are however generally characterized by exact combination of spices and flavours and the cooking method generally is to saute and simmer the dishes or curries over low heat. Two distinctions in many Indian recipes is the absence of beef and pork is prohibited in the Muslim diet.]
I Agree but,
Sorry tan, you have a mistake here, Of course Indian foods are spice and healthy taste. They very much concern about healthy cooking style both veg and non-veg. Lets come to the point you said, In Muslims diet they use to prohibit Pork and Beef. Ya they absolutely dissmiss the pork as haram i.e., lawful in their traditional. But they should use beef. Almost muslims should have beef once in a life time. That is sunnah i.e., good and in their belief. So they people cook very grand manner especially on non veg items with lots of spicy added into it. Thank you for the thread.