FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   Indian food (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/404804-indian-food.html)

markey01 06-02-2011 05:33 AM

Indian food

Hi all,

I like Indian food very much, last year I went to India for business purpose. In a restaurant I ate chicken food, very spicy and tasty. Can any one know how to make chicken curry?

WardSmall 10-02-2011 10:13 AM

I love indian food. I love all of it's intricate and strong flavors and spiciness. It's truly declicious and one of my favorite cuisines.

Clenbut 17-02-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WardSmall (Post 1580073)
I love indian food. I love all of it's intricate and strong flavors and spiciness. It's truly declicious and one of my favorite cuisines.

Indian food always carry lots of flavor and spices that make the food quite delicious and pleasant smell.I love the colorful dishes and the main thing about them is there variety.

Clenbuterol

Gracenote 20-02-2011 12:55 AM

Indian food

On Feb 10, 6:01*pm, WardSmall <WardSmall.
> wrote:
> I love indian food. I love all of it's intricate and strong flavors and
> spiciness. It's truly declicious and one of my favorite cuisines.
>
> --
> WardSmall

I've never in 50 years had Indian food. Yes, I have not had an
adventurous life. We have quite a few Indian eating places here in my
city and I will make a point of trying one. Do you have any
suggestions for a newbie? I can't eat very spicy food but aside from
that I bet I will like it. :)

KenK 20-02-2011 05:52 PM

Indian food

Gracenote > wrote in
:

> On Feb 10, 6:01*pm, WardSmall <WardSmall.
> > wrote:
>> I love indian food. I love all of it's intricate and strong flavors
>> and spiciness. It's truly declicious and one of my favorite cuisines.
>>
>> --
>> WardSmall

> I've never in 50 years had Indian food. Yes, I have not had an
> adventurous life. We have quite a few Indian eating places here in my
> city and I will make a point of trying one. Do you have any
> suggestions for a newbie? I can't eat very spicy food but aside from
> that I bet I will like it. :)

Tell the waiter and ask for suggestions. Worked for me.

Clenbut 21-02-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracenote (Post 1583689)
wrote:
I love indian food. I love all of it's intricate and strong flavors and
spiciness. It's truly declicious and one of my favorite cuisines.

--
WardSmall

I've never in 50 years had Indian food. Yes, I have not had an
adventurous life. We have quite a few Indian eating places here in my
city and I will make a point of trying one. Do you have any
suggestions for a newbie? I can't eat very spicy food but aside from
that I bet I will like it. :)

There are so many Indian dishes which are not spicy and you can try them, Go to any Indian restaurant and choose from the menu.

Joyce[_3_] 22-02-2011 02:33 AM

Indian food

A good way to try Indian food is at the lunch buffet that many Indian
restaurants have on week days. They make the dishes mild and have
enough variety for you to taste lots of different things. Most in the
US seem to be north Indian and include a lot of meat dishes. If you
can find a south Indian restaurant, possibly one with "Udipi" in the
name, it will probably be vegetarian.

hotelscyprus 02-03-2011 09:02 AM

@Gracenote: There are number of Indian foods which you would love. There are many less spicy foods for you. I went to India 2 times and I feel personally south indian food is good than north. South Indians have varieties and that was good. @Joyce: I also ate at Udipi..and that was good too. I love that Idly and dosa with sambar. I ate these two stuffs at Madura in South India and they gave me number of items associated with it and I really had a great time.

nou99hid 17-03-2011 01:09 PM

i like indian foods
i like indian dish bigharay bengan

tan 20-06-2011 04:24 AM

Indian Food and Indian Restaurants are common in many parts of the world , but in my pocket of the world they seem to be few and far between.

tan 20-06-2011 04:32 AM

i love Indian recipes and all Indian foods. i love Indian biryani, samosas, appetizers. for more details visit this

food and exercise

tan 20-06-2011 04:44 AM

i love Indian food and Indian recipes.
I Love indian food and exercise

momsindiancooki 21-06-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markey01 (Post 1578680)
Hi all,

I like Indian food very much, last year I went to India for business purpose. In a restaurant I ate chicken food, very spicy and tasty. Can any one know how to make chicken curry?

Hi,

From Mom with Love... Only cook book that contains easy Indian food recipes for every day cooking such as dal, roti and chawal, in addition to fancy food such as Goan Shrimp Curry and Rajasthani Chicken and more nonveg and veg recipes.

momsindiancooki 21-06-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyprusholidays (Post 1595002)
Indian foods are good and spicy. I love their chicken as well. They make some cake like stuff and have chicken for it..c'mon man..its of great taste..Most of their food are made from rice or wheat and hence good for health.

Hi,

You are right Indian Food are good for health and Yummeeeeeeeee............

From Mom With Love Only cook book that contains easy Indian food recipes for every day cooking such as dal, roti and chawal, in addition to fancy food such as Goan Shrimp Curry and Rajasthani Chicken. and more veg & nonveg recipes in their list visit to know more about Indian Recipes and learn how to cook.

momsindiancooki 21-06-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nou99hid (Post 1593807)
i like indian foods
i like indian dish bigharay bengan

Hi,

From Mom With Love Only cook book that contains easy Indian food recipes for every day cooking. this book contain so many Indian Veg & Nonveg food recipes like dal, roti and chawal, in addition to fancy food such as Goan Shrimp Curry and Rajasthani Chicken.

Stacey Lauren 25-07-2011 10:49 AM

I like Indian food it’s really delicious and very tasty, near my office there is an Indian hotel I usually go for that with my friends.

Klusner 02-08-2011 07:53 AM

According to vegetable point of view in India,you may find the group of recipes of vegetables in India because there the vegetables are preferred usually.You may find and try various recipes from that origin.

kevinandrew 27-08-2011 09:41 AM

Indian Food are good for health my mom love Indian food recipes, she every day cooking such as dal, roti and chawal, in addition to fancy food such as Goan Shrimp curry and Rajasthani Chicken.

Glenn Smith 02-12-2011 08:00 PM

Hey guys,
I have eaten Indian foods. Some of the Indian foods are very good and delicious. I like these Indian foods.

Haderabadi Biryani.
Palik Paneer.
Chaken Palao.

cicilyray 17-12-2011 10:13 AM

Indian food are so famous in the world.In India different states are famous his different type of foods.Mostly i like to eat Gujarati flavor,Punjabi,South Indian foods are famous in the world.

goodfood 18-02-2012 11:39 AM

hii all

Indian food have their own specialty and always yummeee...

RussianFoodDire 23-04-2012 01:47 PM

Whichever Indian food, I have ever tried, I found it too spicy and tasty.

sarahyoung75 24-04-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markey01 (Post 1578680)
Hi all,

I like Indian food very much, last year I went to India for business purpose. In a restaurant I ate chicken food, very spicy and tasty. Can any one know how to make chicken curry?

I'm currently touring south India and i recently eat what is called "Biryani"

I've never experienced such an awesome taste...A Biryani is a combination of Basmati rice, tender chicken breast, some spices cooked together and the taste is quite extraordinary. I would take some photographs and show you guys how it looks.

Rajdhani 16-08-2012 12:11 PM

I LOVE Indian food, although I'm not too big on really spicy food. It's one of my favorite cuisines. especially the vegetarian dishes

Pat Nicolson 29-08-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momsindiancooki (Post 1628517)
Hi,

You are right Indian Food are good for health and Yummeeeeeeeee............

From Mom With Love Only cook book that contains easy Indian food recipes for every day cooking such as dal, roti and chawal, in addition to fancy food such as Goan Shrimp Curry and Rajasthani Chicken. and more veg & nonveg recipes in their list visit to know more about Indian Recipes and learn how to cook.

Chicken Curry tastes best with hot Chapatis or plain boiled rice.

Ingredients:

1 kg chicken pieces of your choice, skin removed
2 large onions sliced thin
2 large tomatoes diced
2 tbsps garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
2 tsps coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tsps garam masala powder
4 tbsps vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil
Chopped coriander to garnish
Preparation:

Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Turn off fire.
Grind the onions into a smooth paste in a food processor. Remove into a separate container.
Now grind the tomatoes, garlic and ginger pastes together into a smooth paste.
Heat the remaining oil again and add the onion paste. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Now add the tomato paste and all the spices. Mix well.
Fry the masala till the oil begins to separate from it.
Add the chicken to the masala and brown well.
Add 1 1/2 cup of hot water to the chicken, simmer and cover. Cook till the chicken is tender.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with hot chapatis (Indian flatbread), Naans (tandoor-baked Indian flatbread) or plain boiled rice.

christinachrist 06-09-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Nicolson (Post 1766703)
[...]

Indian food is different from rest of the world not only in taste but also in cooking methods. It reflects a perfect blend of various cultures and ages. Just like Indian culture, food in India has also been influenced by various civilizations, which have contributed their share in its overall development and the present form.

JolyV 11-09-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momsindiancooki (Post 1628517)
Hi,

You are right Indian Food are good for health and Yummeeeeeeeee............

From Mom With Love Only cook book that contains easy Indian food recipes for every day cooking such as dal, roti and chawal, in addition to fancy food such as Goan Shrimp Curry and Rajasthani Chicken. and more veg & nonveg recipes in their list visit to know more about Indian Recipes and learn how to cook.

for me indian food= spices and loved it