Member

Default Cooking suggestions for a first date?

I am not experienced in vegetarian cooking, but I have invited a girl (who is vegetarian) over for to my place this weekend. I would really like to cook something for her that will be fun and impressive. Any suggestions?
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

melodyeye wrote:
> I am not experienced in vegetarian cooking, but I have invited a girl
> (who is vegetarian) over for to my place this weekend. I would really
> like to cook something for her that will be fun and impressive. Any
> suggestions?

Try ratatouille, a French recipe that is a mixture of eggplants,
courgettes, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions and garlic. If you prepare it the
Greek style (there they call it briam or tourlou-tourlou) it is absolutely
easy because all you have to do is to cut all vegetables in pieces, put it
with enough olive oil plus salt and freshly ground pepper in a casserole and
in the pre-heated oven. Bake it there for about 45 - 60 minutes at 180
degrees centigrade. Check perhaps twice during baking time to avoid that the
surface gets too brown and stir it upside down.

If you want you could sprinkle it when ready with fresh lemon juice to
taste. Serve it with brown rice, mixed with wild rice.

I personally love this "summer recipe" because you don't need to eat it
very hot. It tastes also fine when lukewarm and even cold leftovers with a
slice of bread are tasty.

Enjoy!
--
Regina
Member

Location: uk

Well I suggest "veggie fajitas" it's east and really taste good.

Ingredients
- 1 pack of tortillas
- 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow pepper
- 2-3 cooking onions
- store bought teriyaki sauce
- sour cream
- lettace
- salsa
- cheese

1. First I cut the peppers into strips and the onions into rings.
2. Melt a little margerine in a large wok or frying pan.
3. Toss in the onions and fry until half cooked (about 3-5 minutes)
4. Add the peppers and continue to cook until desired crunchiness (my husband likes the veggies limp, but i prefer the peppers to still be a little crunchy)
5. Add about 1/3 of a bottle of teriyaki sauce. You have to make sure to buy a thick teriyaki sauce (a lot of the thin ones are really salty - mostly soy sauce) Stir it in over the heat.
6. Put together your fahitas. I like to serve the toppings in a buffet style so people can take what they want. I have shredded lettace, cheese, salsa, sour cream and sometimes diced tomato.

All the best.
Member

Vegetable curry is easy and simple, very good for serve too!

Just chop up loads of veggies, such as carrots, zucchini, potatoes, green beans, onions, anything you like! Fry the onions up first, add the rest of the veggies.

Next, add some curry seasoning (you can buy at the grocery), some milk, cottage cheese (or if you are vegan, alternatives), and some vegetable oil (not too much though!)

Season it to how you like it, I like adding cumin and garlic powder. Also add salt/pepper to how you like it, leave to cook with the lid on for about 1/2 and hour, or until the potatoes are soft.

Serve with rice. A dollop of cottage cheese on top is really nice!
Member

Season it to how you like it, I like adding cumin and garlic powder. Also add salt/pepper to how you like it, leave to cook with the lid on for about 1/2 and hour, or until the potatoes are soft.
__________________
free ads | business listings | job listings

Member

You have to make sure to buy a thick teriyaki sauce (a lot of the thin ones are really salty - mostly soy sauce) Stir it in over the heat.leave to cook with the lid on for about 1/2 and hour, or until the potatoes are soft.
Member

Well “Veggie Fajitas” seems to be a nice recipe to experiment; I am a big fan of vegetable so I am pretty impressed with this stuff, really looking forward to prepare “Veggie Fajitas” in this week end. Thanks for sharing.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin View Post
Well “Veggie Fajitas” seems to be a nice recipe to experiment; I am a big fan of vegetable so I am pretty impressed with this stuff, really looking forward to prepare “Veggie Fajitas” in this week end. Thanks for sharing.
Well it is good that you are inviting her for a dinner at your place, and if you want to impress her, then cook food of her choice, start with a soup and then a good main course, and last a desert will be great.

Clenbuterol

Last edited by Clenbut : 16-03-2011 at 07:52 AM