Member

Location: Columbia, SC
Default Creamy Broccoli and Carrot Soup

This is a super yummy soup whether it is hot or cold outside - Appetizers | The Hungry Wife

Good way to use any extra broccoli and carrots (I always have some around).
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehungrywife View Post
This is a super yummy soup whether it is hot or cold outside - Appetizers | The Hungry Wife

Good way to use any extra broccoli and carrots (I always have some around).

This recipe is pretty good. I like the flavors and texture of this dish.
__________________
Entertaining Recipes A one-stop-shop to find the best tasting recipes which are easy to prepare.
Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kattima
Post

Carrot Soup with Orange and Ginger

3 Tbs. olive oil
2 leeks, including tender green portions, thinly sliced
6 carrots, about 1 lb. total, peeled and thinly sliced
1 red potato, about 1/2 lb., peeled and coarsely diced
1 1/2 tsp. peeled and minced or grated fresh ginger
5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp. grated orange zest
Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
Thin orange slices for garnish (optional)
Fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)

In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the leeks and salt until just slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, potato and ginger and salt until the vegetables are just softened, about 5 minutes more. Add the stock, cover partially and simmer until the vegetables are completely softened, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat. In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches, leaving some texture, and return the soup to the pan. Alternatively, process with a stick blender in the pan until the desired consistency is reached. Set the pan over medium heat and stir in the orange juice and zest. Season with salt and white pepper. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish each serving with an orange slice and a sprig of mint. Serves 4 to 6.
__________________
Budget hotels in chennai | Ooty
Member

Cream of asparagus is my favorite. while making the potato base puree some carrots, celery and onions in a blender and add to the water. Also add half of the asparagus before you boil the water. Once the soup is pretty much complete done cooking then add the rest of the asparagus and cook for just a little longer till asparagus is tender. That way you have some that flavors the base and gets mushy and disperses then you also have nice pieces of it in your soup and it does not break all up.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehungrywife View Post
This is a super yummy soup whether it is hot or cold outside - Appetizers | The Hungry Wife

Good way to use any extra broccoli and carrots (I always have some around).
Mmm... Sounds very interesting. I cook broccoli soup, carrots soup (separately) but never cooked Broccoli and Carrot Soup. I'll try!

Member

Broccoli soup will be a new experience for me, but can I use something ells instead of carrot? Because I am not a big fan of carrot mixed recipes.

Creamy Cabbage and Carrot Soup Jenifer Milton Recipes (moderated) 0 29-11-2007 11:28 PM
Creamy Carrot Soup Tim Recipes 0 08-01-2006 01:12 PM
Creamy Broccoli Potato Soup Duckie ® Recipes 0 04-10-2005 12:46 PM
CABBAGE AND CARROT SLAW WITH CREAMY DRESSING [email protected] Baking 1 03-10-2005 12:03 PM
Creamy Broccoli Potato Soup Duckie ® Recipes 0 11-02-2004 12:18 AM