DXer

Default Banana question...

I have a question about banana's.

We buy and eat a lot of bananas around here. And lately I have noticed
something different about them some of the time.

We buy them and they look fine, they are slightly green as normal up by the
stem and usually the ripen and get the normal speckles.

Lately I have noticed this.
They do not ripen as the usual, they become a greyish and blackish color by
the stem and then down. Where this starts by the stem the banana becomes very
mushy.
I have not seen a banana do this before, turning this color like this. Going
from nice and yellow to this.
The usual is always the yellow to the speckles to the to ripe.

Any thoughts. This is just something I have recently noticed. And it doesnt
matter if they are organic or not.
They are kept on the counter.

Thank you
Craig
DXer

>How hot is it where you are and how humid? It appears they are
>ripening too fast.

It is about 80 and low humidity here in CO.
Nothing has changed though, always been like this here.
From reading that banana web page it does appear that the low humidity can do
this, but nothing has ever changed.
Just seems funny that all of a sudden I have noticed this with the bananas. I
know they dont last long, but we only buy enough for a few days so they dont
get over ripe before eating.
Recently they dont seem to get ripe the old normal way, like yellow to
"speckled" to to ripe.
These go directly from greenish yellow to the grayish and then very mushy
soft.
Craig