Member

Default New potato and mushroom pot pie recipe

This warming pot pie recipe features new potatoes and mixed wild mushrooms in a creamy herbed sauce, in tender pastry for a great family meal.

This healthy, fast and easy to make vegetable and meat pot pie pastry recipe makes a great side dish, lunch or meal for a family dinner. This recipe serves 4.

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. thawed shortcrust pastry, rolled out to 1/4 inch thick

2 cups new potatoes, halved

2 cups wild mushrooms (chanterelli, enoki and oyster), sliced

2 cups fresh garden herbs (parsley, chervil and chives), finely chopped

1 cup sour cream

1 egg, beaten

METHOD:

Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Half pastry and line a pie dish. Reserve the remaining pastry for the lid. Set aside.

Combine new potatoes, wild mushrooms, garden herbs and sour cream. Season according to taste. Spoon mixture into the pie. Assure that mixture completely fills all the space.

Moisten edges of pie shell with half the beaten egg. Put on pastry lid and crimp edges to seal.

Using remaining egg, brush lid to glaze. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden. Serve hot with a light salad and soft rolls.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miljo123 View Post
[...]

Fantastic!...I've been looking for a new pot pie recipe
Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
Fantastic!...I've been looking for a new pot pie recipe
Thanx a lot i tried pot pie recipe at home but since i am not a good cook its was not that ok but my husband said it was excellent dish. i knew he was lying to make me happy .
Member

hello i was just wondering can i replace eggs with something else? since my hubby is allergic with eggs

[...]

Healthy Recipes
Healthy Foods
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simrnz View Post
hello i was just wondering can i replace eggs with something else? since my hubby is allergic with eggs
well this dish seems to be very delicious....i will surely try this and see.....

Member

I don't like to eat this type of dish because it cause the over weight of the body. So that's why I avoid to eat potatoes dish. You should eat those food which does not contain the carbohydrates.