Experienced Member

Location: Colombia
Default Cake Of Tomatoes

Reviewing the recipes from my grandmother found this delicacy that brought me happy memories of childhood and made me re-experience the flavors of old days. I want you to know and share it with your family.

It is a cake of tomatoes and the preparation is the following:

Beat 6 egg whites to peaks, add the egg yolks without whisk, 3 tablespoons flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder. Mix everything very well and baked in 2 buttered molds taking care not roast too much.

Prepare a separate dish with chopped onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper and sauté on it ¼ pork and ¼ meaty bacon, cooked and chopped. When the meat is cooked add a little mustard, sliced 2 hard boiled eggs, capers and chopped parsley.

Slice 1 pound of ripe tomatoes and soak in a mixture of vinegar, sugar, salt, oil and pepper. When the mixture in oven is baked place on a tray, butter is smeared, and put a layer of sliced tomatoes, then another layer of stew and meat, another layer of tomatoes and cover with another layer of the mixture. Sprayed with the juice the tomatoes has leave and make some decorations with mustard.
__________________
Victoria Guzman
An expert in good food and cooking
My Website: www.recipesdrinksandfood.com
Member

[quote=camrodri;1286358]Reviewing the recipes from my grandmother found this delicacy that brought me happy memories of childhood and made me re-experience the flavors of old days. I want you to know and share it with your family.

It is a cake of tomatoes and the preparation is the following:

Beat 6 egg whites to peaks, add the egg yolks without whisk, 3 tablespoons flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder. Mix everything very well and baked in 2 buttered molds taking care not roast too much.

Prepare a separate dish with chopped onions, tomatoes, salt and pepper and sauté on it ¼ pork and ¼ meaty bacon, cooked and chopped. When the meat is cooked add a little mustard, sliced 2 hard boiled eggs, capers and chopped parsley.

Slice 1 pound of ripe tomatoes and soak in a mixture of vinegar, sugar, salt, oil and pepper. When the mixture in oven is baked place on a tray, butter is smeared, and put a layer of sliced tomatoes, then another layer of stew and meat, another layer of tomatoes and cover with another layer of the mixture. Sprayed with the juice the tomatoes has leave and make some decorations with mustard.[/QUOTE
never knew that tomato can be used in so many ways.....its nice
Member

Sounds interesting to me
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrodri View Post
[...]

well, i have never heard of it!!!! next time i will try it!!!!
Member

[...]

Sounds really delicious. I thought these were wonderful. Will try this out
__________________
Entertaining Recipes A one-stop-shop to find the best tasting recipes which are easy to prepare.

Banned

I'm intrigued and repulsed by the idea of tomato soup cake. Is this an american thing? Gonna have to make it now.

______________________
Buy Smart Phone-Cheap Phone Cases

Last edited by KajolThappar : 17-09-2010 at 05:31 AM
Member

i have not eat this recipe ever
i don't like this dish
__________________
Laser Hair Removal Glasgow
Member

Tomato Soup Cake

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups flour
1 can tomato soup (Campbell's)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. each nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup nuts

Cream sugar and shortening. Add soup. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices and add to first mixture. Add raisins and nuts. Bake in loaf pan 1 hour, 350 degrees.
Member

I have kind of interest to make Tomato Cake by using your recipe but I don’t know what will happen after I made it because I’m not good in cooking.
Member

A few days ago i was told about the Peach cake and when i tried that then i was really feeling pleasure because my hard work was not gone vain .Now its another new different recipe and i will definitely try this one too.Thanks for the sharing.

Member

Location: indonesia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojerDavis View Post
A few days ago i was told about the Peach cake and when i tried that then i was really feeling pleasure because my hard work was not gone vain .Now its another new different recipe and i will definitely try this one too.Thanks for the sharing.
if eggs plus other ingredients are also in the add and for how many servings this recipe
Senior Member

Hey it sound very cool.Sure will gonna try soon..
Member

Superb and amazing shairng it is. I really enjoy such a graet and too massive work done
i love it

______________________
SEO Dallas
Senior Member

Location: New York

It's something interesting dish. I will definitely try recipe to cook Cake Of Tomatoes.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan Rain View Post
Tomato Soup Cake

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups flour
1 can tomato soup (Campbell's)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. each nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup nuts

Cream sugar and shortening. Add soup. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices and add to first mixture. Add raisins and nuts. Bake in loaf pan 1 hour, 350 degrees.
Thanks looks delicious

Cake Of Tomatoes camrodri General Cooking 2 12-03-2009 05:46 PM
Cake Of Tomatoes camrodri Recipes (moderated) 0 12-03-2009 02:26 PM
Cake Of Tomatoes camrodri Recipes 0 12-03-2009 02:23 PM
Crushed tomatoes/whole canned tomatoes biig General Cooking 22 19-01-2007 07:37 PM
For the Guy With Extra Cherry Tomatoes - Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes ~patches~ General Cooking 5 23-08-2005 08:55 PM