Default brown rice question

hi

My SO hates brown rice because it's crunchy. My question is:

Is there a way to make brown rice not so crunchy? Or is there another
rice that is equally good for you as brown rice?

Thank you so much in advance! MN Susan
Naughyde

>Is there a way to make brown rice not so crunchy?

Sure, cook it longer and with more water. You can try different kinds, a
longer grain might not be as chewy.
Erica
John Manning

In article >,
> wrote:

> Is there a way to make brown rice not so crunchy?

Use more water. I use about 2.5 cups of water to 1 cup rice. If you
have time, soaking the rice for an hour or so before cooking helps too.

--
-John
http://electronworks.com/recipes/
Dunter Powries

Naughyde > wrote in message
> >Is there a way to make brown rice not so crunchy?

> Sure, cook it longer and with more water. You can try different kinds, a
> longer grain might not be as chewy.
> Erica

I would have thought a medium or short grain would be starchier with less
'bite,' not?

Dunty Porteous

"It tastes like burning..... waaaaa!!!!"
-Ralph Wiggum
smithfarms pure kona

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:03:00 GMT, usual suspect >

>> My SO hates brown rice because it's crunchy. My question is:
>> Is there a way to make brown rice not so crunchy?

>Cook it with more water.
>
>> Or is there another
>> rice that is equally good for you as brown rice?

>No. The healthiest rice is unprocessed.

I think wild rice is as healthy. It is unprocessed too. I buy
small packages of Lundberg "Wild Blend" rice and mix it about half and
half with my normal medium grain white rice, (add half again as much
water for the wild rice) and put it into my rice cooker and love what
I get at the end. Far tastier than plain old brown rice.

aloha,
Thunder

http://www.smithfarms.com
Farmers & Sellers of 100%
Kona Coffee & other Great Stuff

Brown Rice Roy[_2_] General Cooking 87 12-07-2013 05:54 PM
today's congee, i made it with a new brown organic rice, it says short grain on the package but is more like pearl rice, i put it in my mini blender first, i like the effect much better so far, Lee Stormmee Asian Cooking 3 30-05-2010 09:46 AM
Brown Rice Sue Mundy Recipes (moderated) 0 09-01-2007 01:26 AM
Help on Cooking Brown Rice (Rice Cooker) Phil Sandler General Cooking 2 10-09-2004 08:25 PM
Brown rice in the MW? Ken Knecht General Cooking 17 13-05-2004 08:58 PM