Don Saklad

Default Ways to prepare cauliflower greens.

What might be done with cauliflower greens and stem pieces?...

For example say you prepare cauliflower,
removing the greens and stem,
then halving the florets,
placing the halves in a pan,
covering with olive oil and
350 degrees until browning happens.
usual suspect

Don Saklad wrote:

> What might be done with cauliflower greens and stem pieces?...

Try composting.
Frogleg

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 00:12:26 GMT, usual suspect >
wrote:

>Don Saklad wrote:
>
>> What might be done with cauliflower greens and stem pieces?...

>Try composting.

This is good advice. The leaves are bred to be thick and tough to
shield the head from the sun. Unlike broccoli whose stems can be
peeled, sliced, and cooked, the stem and core of cauliflower is tough
and woody. The compost pile will eat both stem and leaves happily.
Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>>> What might be done with cauliflower greens and stem pieces?...

>>Try composting.

>This is good advice. The leaves are bred to be thick and tough to
>shield the head from the sun. Unlike broccoli whose stems can be
>peeled, sliced, and cooked, the stem and core of cauliflower is tough
>and woody. The compost pile will eat both stem and leaves happily.

The smaller leaves, closer to the actual vegetable are perfectly
edible, and quite pleasant. Just leave them attached to the florets
when cooking in your normal way. But I agree, the outer leaves are
only worthy of compost or feeding to a pet rabbit.
--
http://comps.org/ <> http://comps-offline.co.uk/ <> http://comps-online.co.uk/