Old 11-10-2007, 04:26 AM posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default half sour pickles

Hi:

I cant find a recipe for half sour pickles. I purchase them at the Shoprite
supermarket. All the recipes I find for pickles have vinegar. The ones I
purchase do not have any vinegar. The label says contains Cucumbers, water,
garlic, salt and spices.

Any help in finding a suitable recipe would be appreciated.

FRED

Old 12-10-2007, 11:33 PM posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Count wrote:
Hi:

I cant find a recipe for half sour pickles. I purchase them at the
Shoprite supermarket. All the recipes I find for pickles have vinegar.
The ones I purchase do not have any vinegar. The label says contains
Cucumbers, water, garlic, salt and spices.

Any help in finding a suitable recipe would be appreciated.

FRED

I found a few interesting recipes.

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes.../halfsour.html

http://members.tripod.com/~Lasaan/ca.../halfsour.html

This one calls for a little vinegar but I think it looks really good.
http://www.fatfree.com/recipes/condi...f-sour-pickles

http://tommyjskitchen.blogspot.com/2...r-pickles.html

http://www.recipezaar.com/255145