Lawrence Gilburtson

Default Gluten flour

hello all, i live in western pa. and want to make some seitan....but cannot
find gluten flour in any of the nearby(or not so nearby) stores.....does
anyone know of a decent place online that sells it?

thanks..
LG

[mod note: "pa." is, I assume, "Pennsylvania, USA" --Gedge]
dolo

"Lawrence Gilburtson" > wrote in

> hello all, i live in western pa. and want to make some seitan....but
> cannot find gluten flour in any of the nearby(or not so nearby)
> stores.....does anyone know of a decent place online that sells it?
>
> thanks..
> LG
>
> [mod note: "pa." is, I assume, "Pennsylvania, USA" --Gedge]

Hi again Lawrence, I don't know where in western Pennsylvania you might be,
but you might want to try the East End Food Co-op in Pittsburgh.
Lawrence Gilburtson

hey thanks for the reply.....Pittsburgh is one place i try not to go unless
it is absolutely necessary.....lol.....
I am about 35 miles NW of there -getting downtown is not bad, but gpoing
through the city to anyplace IN the city is a nightmare!

LG
"dolo" > wrote in message
. 40...
> "Lawrence Gilburtson" > wrote in
>
> > hello all, i live in western pa. and want to make some seitan....but
> > cannot find gluten flour in any of the nearby(or not so nearby)
> > stores.....does anyone know of a decent place online that sells it?
> >
> > thanks..
> > LG
> >
> > [mod note: "pa." is, I assume, "Pennsylvania, USA" --Gedge]

> Hi again Lawrence, I don't know where in western Pennsylvania you might

be,
> but you might want to try the East End Food Co-op in Pittsburgh.

Mikaila Mariel Lemonik Arthur

try this site http://www.healthy-eating.com/
they have gluten flour, however I want to point out that seitan made
with instant gluten flour is VERY DIFFERENT from handmade seitan (though
it is tasty). there is a mix which comes out a little more like regular
seitain which the website also sells, but if you really want authentic
seitan look up a recipe online and make it from scratch.

>>"Lawrence Gilburtson" > wrote
>>
>>>hello all, i live in western pa. and want to make some seitan....but
>>>cannot find gluten flour in any of the nearby(or not so nearby)
>>>stores.....does anyone know of a decent place online that sells it?

Naughyde

>Pittsburgh is one place i try not to go unless
>it is absolutely necessary.....lol.....
>I am about 35 miles NW of there

If you mean around Butler, in my opinion Butler is a far worse fate than
Pittsburgh! Another online shop to try is http://www.bulkfoods.com/

Erica

Lawrence Gilburtson

Hi Mikaila(great name!) and Naughyde....

i ordewred gluten flour from Barry's food and it is due to arrive
tomorrow..I am definitely going to use a recipe for "from scratch". there
are quite a few on the web and since I ordered 5 pouinds of lfour I figure
i can try quite a few of them;......lol.....Butler? nope, not Butler, I'm
actually in Monaca......where are y ou?

I am going to be trying the links you guys sent and see what the prices
are.....

I really am eager to try this seitan stuff ..I eat a lot of veggies and find
myself really needing to up the protein intake and beef just doesn;t get it
for me anymore.....I can;t say I am a strict vegetarian at all, or maybe
even not much of one yet, but my diet is certainly moving in that
direction.......seems like my body has a mind of it's own.......lol....it's
letting me know slowly but surely what it wants to eat..........

anyway, thanks for all the great help....

LG

Gluten flour Bakerdad Sourdough 2 06-05-2008 12:10 AM
Vital Wheat Gluten/Gluten Flour Rachel Grier Vegetarian cooking 6 28-04-2007 12:11 PM
Flour with ample gluten [email protected] General Cooking 8 21-02-2007 08:00 PM
Gluten flour (for Bob Pastorio) Pandora General Cooking 13 11-01-2007 08:14 AM
gluten flour phil General Cooking 3 09-01-2005 06:41 AM