Frogleg

Default Seeking Wortershire recipes

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:30:32 GMT, Gil >
wrote:

>Does anyone have a recipe for making Wortershire sauce without the
>dead fishies?
>
>Failing that , does anyone have a good source for mail-ordering
>vegetarian version of wortershire sauce in the US

If you will search on

"worcestershire sauce" recipe

you will find many variations, some without anchovies.
Steven Hoover

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 09:30:32 GMT, Gil >
> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have a recipe for making Wortershire sauce without the
> >dead fishies?
> >
> >Failing that , does anyone have a good source for mail-ordering
> >vegetarian version of wortershire sauce in the US

I am out at the moment and couldn't think of the brand I've been buying
at my local health food store. But I kept thinking of a bottle with a
wizard on the label. Sure enough, it's Wizard's Organic Vegetarian
Worcestershire Sauce. (It's actually vegan.)
You can order it at
http://www.villageorganics.com/vegworsauc5o.html

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:11:20 GMT, Frogleg > took a
very strange rock and inscribed these words:

>If you will search on
>
>"worcestershire sauce" recipe
>
>you will find many variations, some without anchovies.

Better search: vegetarian Worcestershire sauce

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...shire+sauce%22

You'll get both recipes and readymade sauces.

--
Therese Shellabarger / The Roving Reporter - Civis Mundi
/ http://tlshell.cnc.net/
Lorraine

"Gil" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a recipe for making Wortershire sauce without the
> dead fishies?
>
> Failing that , does anyone have a good source for mail-ordering
> vegetarian version of wortershire sauce in the US
>
> TIA
>
> gil

Worcestershire Sauce
Without the anchovies, of course!

1 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic granules
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves or allspice
1/8 tsp ground cardamom

Place all ingredients in a blender. Pour into a sauce pan and bring to a
boil. Store in the refrigerator..

Online sources for vegetarian/vegan Worcestershire Sauce:
http://www.veganstore.com/ (under food items - sauces & gravies)
or
http://www.veganessentials.com/

Lorraine )