Susie Q

Default Pizza?

Hi again guys. I am new to being a vegetarian as I said earlier and was
eating some pizza the other day. My friend told me it was pointless to
order pizza meatless since the sauce is meat sauce and has meat mixed
into it. Is this true of most restaurants like Pizza Inn, Pizza Hut,
Papa John's, etc? If so what other foods have "hidden" meat? oh and has
anyone tried a burger king veggie burger?Thanks!

Peace,
Susie
Regina Schmid

I don't know what Pizza Hut & Co. are selling. But in the sauce of the real
pizza of Italian origin there is no meat or meat derivates at all but only
tomatoes and spices. So you either go only to Italian pizza restaurants or
you simply ask at the other places what they use for their sauce.

Regina
--
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress
can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
Jesse Meyer

Susie Q > wrote:
> Hi again guys. I am new to being a vegetarian as I said earlier and was
> eating some pizza the other day. My friend told me it was pointless to
> order pizza meatless since the sauce is meat sauce and has meat mixed
> into it. Is this true of most restaurants like Pizza Inn, Pizza Hut,
> Papa John's, etc? If so what other foods have "hidden" meat? oh and has
> anyone tried a burger king veggie burger?Thanks!

Would I suggest looking at:

http://www.sword2skyvegan.net/selections.html

Here are some of the chains around me:

Dominos:
The crust uses whey (diary).
The sauce does not use any animal products.

Giovanni's Pizza:
Crust and sauce do not have any animal products.

Godfathers:
Dough, original, and taco pizza sauce do not have any animal
products.
(I had a Vegan no-cheese veggie pizza there the other night,
quite good!)

Little Ceasar's:
Dough and Tomato sauce do not have animal products.
Neither do the crazy sauce and crazy bread (without the
parmesan).

Papa John's:
Sauce and original dough do not contain animal products.
Thin crust contains cheese.

Pizza Hut:
Thin 'n Cripsy crusts and regular pizza sauce do not contain
any animal products. Neither does the dessert pizza crust.

Check the website for more pizza and other fast food chains.

Please note that occasionally cheese is curdled with rennet, which is a
by-product is slaughterhouses (enzymes from the gut of a calf or cow).

Some vegetarians will eat it, some won't.

Cheese (of course) is a no-no for vegans. There are some nice vegan
cheeses out there, but no fast food or pizza place that I know of uses
it.

~ Jesse Meyer

--
icq: 34583382 | Nethack 3.4._3_ is out! http://www.nethack.org
jabber: | "And how can man die better / Than facing
| fearful odds / For the ashes of his fathers /
yim: tsunad | and the temples of his gods?" ~ Babington
signman

"Susie Q" wrote
>oh and has anyone tried a burger king veggie burger?

Burger King (in Pottstown and Reading PA) is using the Gardenburger brand of
veggie burger...and it's considerably more expensive than what you'd pay in
the grocery store for a box of those burgers!

signman