FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   Suggestions for turning almond butter into a sauce (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/13657-suggestions-turning-almond-butter.html)

Steve 11-12-2003 09:30 PM

Suggestions for turning almond butter into a sauce

Hi;

I would lik to make a sauce out of almond butter similar to how peanut
sauce is made from peanut butter.

Any ideas?

Steve

Keith Michaels 12-12-2003 01:15 AM

Suggestions for turning almond butter into a sauce

In article > ,
(Steve) writes:
|> Hi;
|>
|> I would lik to make a sauce out of almond butter similar to how peanut
|> sauce is made from peanut butter.
|>
|> Any ideas?
|>
|> Steve

My recipe for peanut sauce should work. I'd love to try it with
almond butter!

Mix peanut butter with equal amount of hoisin sauce, add red chili paste
to taste. Keep covered in fridge. To use whisk it into hot broth,
add salt or soy sauce to taste. I use this on the following:

Brown thinly sliced onions, add garlic, cubes of fried tofu, sliced red
and green peppers, saute briefly, (skip the fish sauce, we're all
vegetarian right?), then add fresh spinach at the last moment. Pile on
a plate and top with peanut sauce.