Kate Pugh

Default Toasted sandwiches

I had a cheese and tomato toasted sandwich in a cafe for lunch today.
Now I know this might not be exciting for many of you, but I was vegan
for a long time and so this kind of thing is not something I'm used to.

Anyway, I liked it, and it made me wonder what nice vegan toasties people
make. The tomato came out really nicely - warmed up just enough to be
nice and soft. I've had avocado and tomato toasted sandwiches before
and they're ace too. What else is good? doop makes toasties with
mashed tofu and chilli in, but they don't go all melty.

Kake
Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>Anyway, I liked it, and it made me wonder what nice vegan toasties people
>make. The tomato came out really nicely - warmed up just enough to be
>nice and soft. I've had avocado and tomato toasted sandwiches before
>and they're ace too. What else is good? doop makes toasties with
>mashed tofu and chilli in, but they don't go all melty.

When I go through the vegan thing, I tend to have a lot of baked bean
toasted sandwiches. Actually, even when I'm not doing vegan, I do. :-)
Just with less care over what margarine I use.

I bought creamed corn to try once, but never got round to it. Also,
creamed mushrooms are good, but I've not managed to find them without
whey powder, I think, so not vegan.

The other one I liked, also not vegan (very much so) was the quorn
deli 'roast beef' slices, togehter with a slice of mild cheddar. The
'beef' on its own was too dry, in any form, but this was a good combo.

--
http://comps.org/ <> http://comps-offline.co.uk/ <> http://comps-online.co.uk/
Creature

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 23:35:04 GMT, Kate Pugh wrote:
> Anyway, I liked it, and it made me wonder what nice vegan toasties
> people make. I've had avocado and tomato toasted sandwiches before and
> they're ace too. What else is good?

Hi,

I used to make toasties with houmous and BBQ sauce. Surprisingly pleasant,
but you'd be surprised at the specific heat capacity of BBQ sauce -
consume with care.
As you say, they're good made with chilli. I've fed myself for weeks by
making up a big batch of chilli and using it in a sandwich maker.

--
Alex Pounds (Creature) .~. LGBTSoc Comms Person
CS2 Student /V\ Website working group chair

Toasted Egg Cups katreen Recipes 1 12-06-2009 06:04 PM
Toasted and roasted jmm1951 General Cooking 4 04-11-2007 04:32 PM
Recipe: Beef Sandwiches - Knock-off of Damsel's Chicago Beef Sandwiches Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 1 08-07-2007 06:52 PM
Toasted Chicken and Cheese Sandwiches Mom2SamTiny[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 27-05-2007 05:39 PM
Toasted Ravioli International Recipes OnLine Recipes (moderated) 0 26-12-2006 02:40 AM