Kate Pugh

Default Snacks

I'm wondering what people eat for quick snacks. The kind of thing where
you're too hungry to keep going with nothing, but someone's cooking you
dinner in a couple of hours so you can't eat a full meal. Things I use:

- a slice or two of tofu (plain, or dipped in a bit of soy sauce)
- a few bits of those pre-marinated pre-cooked tofu pieces
- a handful of (cooked) chickpeas from a can (then I have to use up
the rest of them the next day though)
- a slice of wholemeal bread with a scrape of butter and Marmite
- a small handful of almonds (best if I have some already soaked)
- a small piece of cheese, maybe with a cracker

Other recommendations? I don't really like sweet things, so although
fruit or a cereal bar will do in a pinch, they're not what I'd choose.

Kake

Snacks Brooklyn1 General Cooking 10 06-08-2015 10:13 PM
Snacks? KenK General Cooking 37 25-01-2014 05:03 PM
low fat snacks JuleezTupper Vegetarian cooking 14 03-03-2005 03:59 PM