Kate Pugh

Default vegetarian frankie

Keith Michaels > wrote:
> Does anyone have a good recipe for a vegetarian frankie? I have only
> found one on the web:
> http://vancouver.citytv.com/whats_on...?recipeID=1050

I'd never heard of a "frankie" before I checked out your URL - I'd
thought it was an abbreviation for "frankfurter" when I first read your
post I did a bit of googling because it does look good. Seems to be
a flat bread such as chapathi with an egg cooked onto it and then
wrapped around some kind of spicy savoury filling - am I right?

So assuming that you can find non-vegetarian frankie recipes, the
problem I guess would be the filling. Seems to me that any sufficiently
dry curry could be used.

> but it isn't well-written (doesn't say what to do with the paneer).

I would guess that the paneer goes in with the vegetables - it's perhaps
not mentioned specifically in the directions because it's being
considered to be a vegetable.

Kake
(back from a bit of a usenet break - and not vegan at the moment so
interested in vegetarian recipes as well as vegan ones (please no debate
about why I'm not currently vegan; I have my reasons, I'm all discussed
out, and it's off-topic for this group))
Keith Michaels

In article >,
Kate Pugh > writes:
|> Keith Michaels > wrote:
|> > Does anyone have a good recipe for a vegetarian frankie?
|> I'd never heard of a "frankie" before I checked out your URL - I'd
|> thought it was an abbreviation for "frankfurter" when I first read your
|> post I did a bit of googling because it does look good. Seems to be
|> a flat bread such as chapathi with an egg cooked onto it and then
|> wrapped around some kind of spicy savoury filling - am I right?

As I understand it's a type of street food in Bombay, an egg coated
rolled naan with meat filling. I'd like to experiment with vegetarian
versions, maybe find one that could be sold here at street fairs.
Kate Pugh

Keith Michaels > wrote:
> As I understand it's a type of street food in Bombay, an egg coated
> rolled naan with meat filling. I'd like to experiment with vegetarian
> versions, maybe find one that could be sold here at street fairs.

I bet something with chickpeas (garbanzo beans) would be good.

Kake