FoodBanter.com

-   Vegetarian cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/)
-   -   favorite combinations (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegetarian-cooking/130835-favorite-combinations.html)

Natarajan Krishnaswami 05-08-2007 10:52 AM

favorite combinations

For quite a few ingredients, I seem to gravitate towards particular
combinations over and over. Some of these are cumin with spinach, or
coriander seed with eggplants; and even when I'm not making the dishes
that typify the combos for me, I still use the combinations pretty
often. E.g., Last time I made ratatouille (the movie is also great,
by the way), I added a little ground coriander to the stew.

(Lately I've found some more exotic combinations, like ajwain
(bishop's weed; strong thyme-like flavor) with sichuan peppercorns, or
chocolate with smoked paprika.)

Are there ingredient/flavor combinations you find yourself returning
to over and over? What are some of your favorites?

N.