Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
No Name

Default chickpea recipes

Does anyone have any good chickpea recipes? Usually, I make hummus or
Madhur Jaffrey's sour chickpeas (khatte chhhole), but I am bored with
them. Hopefully, someone has a tasty recipe they are willing to share.

Thanks!
Louise
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Greek chickpea soup = revithósoupa:
http://greekfood.about.com/od/soupss...ithiasoupa.htm

Egyptian chickpea burgers = falavel:
http://mideastfood.about.com/od/main...afelrecipe.htm

Enjoy!

Regina
--
www.archenoah-kreta.com
As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

On May 13, 4:20 pm, > wrote:
> Does anyone have any good chickpea recipes? Usually, I make hummus or
> Madhur Jaffrey's sour chickpeas (khatte chhhole), but I am bored with
> them. Hopefully, someone has a tasty recipe they are willing to share.
>
> Thanks!
> Louise

Here's all the specific chickpea recipes we have on vegan food -
http://www.vegan-food.net/category/legumes/#CHICKPEA

Hope that helps!
--allen
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
No Name

In article >, Regina_Schmid@t-
online.de says...
> Greek chickpea soup = revithósoupa:
> http://greekfood.about.com/od/soupss...ithiasoupa.htm

I tried this one last night. I found it a bit bland with the amount of
lemon called for, so I added more. It was really good and now added to
my files. Thanks!

> Egyptian chickpea burgers = falavel:
> http://mideastfood.about.com/od/main...afelrecipe.htm

Falafel has always seemed like too much work to me. Is it worth the
effort to make it oneself, or should I just have it in restaurants?

Thanks again,
Louise
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
No Name

In article . com>,
says...
> On May 13, 4:20 pm, > wrote:
> > Does anyone have any good chickpea recipes? Usually, I make hummus or
> > Madhur Jaffrey's sour chickpeas (khatte chhhole), but I am bored with
> > them. Hopefully, someone has a tasty recipe they are willing to share.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Louise

> Here's all the specific chickpea recipes we have on vegan food -

http://www.vegan-food.net/category/legumes/#CHICKPEA

> Hope that helps!
> --allen

Thanks for the link- I hadn't seen this site before. I am going to try
"Hot Garbanzo Beans with Sun Dried Tomatoes" tonight.

Any personal favorites in the list?

Thanks,
Louise

Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

> wrote:
| > Greek chickpea soup = revithósoupa:
| > http://greekfood.about.com/od/soupss...ithiasoupa.htm
|
| I tried this one last night. I found it a bit bland with the amount of
| lemon called for, so I added more. It was really good and now added to
| my files. Thanks!

You are perfectly right as for the lemon. I also always add more than ANY
recipe says ;o) and enjoy the taste very much. If you ever make any
vegetable soup - from fresh vegetables or powder - add lemon too! And you
can put it also in almost every sauce that goes with vegetables and all
cream soups... I am absolutely lemon-addicted!

| > Egyptian chickpea burgers = falavel:
| > http://mideastfood.about.com/od/main...afelrecipe.htm
|
| Falafel has always seemed like too much work to me. Is it worth the
| effort to make it oneself, or should I just have it in restaurants?

It's worth the effort! I use to make at least the double amount of dough,
shape the burgers and deep-freeze those that are not meant for immediate
consumption, at first separated from each other on a baking tray. Then,
after they are really frozen, you can put them together in a plastic bag and
store them in the deep freezer. Thus you have only once the basic work for
two or three meals.

Btw., that's something I do rather often with all kind of food.

Regina
--
www.archenoah-kreta.com
As long as man continues to be the ruthless destroyer of lower living beings
he will never know health or peace. For as long as men massacre animals,
they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain
cannot reap joy and love. (Pythagoras)
Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

On 2007-05-13, > > wrote:
> Does anyone have any good chickpea recipes? Usually, I make hummus or
> Madhur Jaffrey's sour chickpeas (khatte chhhole), but I am bored with
> them. Hopefully, someone has a tasty recipe they are willing to share.

Hi Louise,

Since many of us are chickpea fans, there are a bunch of mouthwatering
recipes in archives of the group. E.g., this Google Groups search
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ch...od.veg.cooking

One that caught my eye was David Huggins-Daines's green tofu-chickpea
chili:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...9c0353c435ceb6

Also, one cookbook I'm fond of (Aliza Green's "The Bean Bible"; not
exclusively vegetarian, but many recipes are easily adapted) likely
has several chickpea recipes. I'll take a look when I get home.

HTH!
N.
Member

Does anyone have any good chickpea recipes? Usually, I make hummus or
Madhur Jaffrey's sour chickpeas (khatte chhhole), but I am bored with
them. Hopefully, someone has a tasty recipe they are willing to share.

Thanks!
Louise
__________________
Kitchen cabinet hardware

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name View Post
Does anyone have any good chickpea recipes? Usually, I make hummus or
Madhur Jaffrey's sour chickpeas (khatte chhhole), but I am bored with
them. Hopefully, someone has a tasty recipe they are willing to share.

Thanks!
Louise
you should many eating vegetables & fruits. for your skin always looks fresh.
Experienced Member

“Chickpea noodles”- many people in the UK love these. We take these little powerhouses and grind them up to make savory seasoned noodles, then pair them with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and roasted corn.

I believe that using some readymade healthy ingredients can add a new flavor to your recipe. I came across this idea at Sheffa foods website which worked quite well.

chickpea curry Natarajan Krishnaswami Vegetarian cooking 4 06-12-2006 10:11 AM
Chickpea Burgers Arita Droog Recipes (moderated) 0 15-05-2006 12:22 AM
Tried the Chickpea Miso Julie Bove Diabetic 2 10-04-2006 09:35 AM
Chickpea and Yam Stew jbbrwcky Vegan 0 28-11-2005 04:47 PM
Chickpea Nibbles [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 19-10-2003 03:28 AM