Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking

Default Watercress Mango Salad

I love this salad. It's light, little sweet and sour and 100% fat free.
The majority of time to make this salad is taken up up slicing the
mango. You can make it with in less than 7 minutes. If you have any
dressing left over, use it the next day to make another salad.

Check out my other tasty recipes and health information at
www.monikakorngut.com.

SERVES 4

INGREDIENTS

2 ounces watercress, leaves (most stems removed)
1 mango, peeled and sliced into thin slices

2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Wash and gently dry watercress leaves and place in a large bowl. Add
mango slices.

To a small jar add apple cider vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard and salt
and freshly ground black pepper. Shake well so all the ingredients
become emulsified.

When ready to serve salad, add dressing and very gently toss everything
together. I use my hands to toss this salad because watercress is very
fragile and this way I have more control over it and I can make sure
all the leaves are covered with the dressing.

Shrimp Mango Salad lilchuff11 Recipes 0 18-01-2012 12:51 AM
Pear, Endive and Watercress Salad WindyCityPrince Recipes (moderated) 0 04-10-2008 02:16 PM
Mango Salad Jaqui General Cooking 0 01-02-2007 06:03 PM
Tangerine, Watercress And Blue Cheese Salad yankeegirL425 Recipes (moderated) 0 04-09-2005 04:15 AM