Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Is it possible for me to be a vegan?

Hi all,

I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons but due to
various health issues. My main issue though is I have multiple food
allergies including nuts and soy (and most likely other legumes). Is it
possible for me to get the necessary protein in my diet? If so, how?

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Pat

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Spirulina and chorella - high source of protein

combination of various fruits and vegetables will also supply somekind
of protein

Soggy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons but due to
> various health issues. My main issue though is I have multiple food
> allergies including nuts and soy (and most likely other legumes). Is it
> possible for me to get the necessary protein in my diet? If so, how?
>
> Thanks for any input you can give me.
>
> Pat

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Soggy" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons

===================
Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
importance than what you do in the rest of your life. Besides,
there are NO vegans here on usenet...

but due to
> various health issues. My main issue though is I have multiple
> food allergies including nuts and soy (and most likely other
> legumes). Is it possible for me to get the necessary protein
> in my diet? If so, how?
>
> Thanks for any input you can give me.
>
> Pat

Posted to alt.food.vegan

rick wrote:
> "Soggy" > wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons

> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life. Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...

A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would say.

Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants as foods
without using it. However it does come in handy on rare occasions, as
it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it doesn't
mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any animals" -
but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal proteins
in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.

What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other things
you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important vote, and
many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men. Choose
wisely - the future is in your hands.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
ps.com...

> rick wrote:
>> "Soggy" > wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons

>> ===================
>> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
>> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
>> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
>> Besides,
>> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.

======================
Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
something first..
usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
here for entertainment.
Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
brutally and inhumanely
than any slaughterhouse animal endures.

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.

============================
Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
any wise choice was made at all.
Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

rick wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> >
> > rick wrote:
> >> "Soggy" > wrote in message

> >> ===================
> >> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> >> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> >> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> >> Besides,
> >> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
> >>

> > A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> > say.

> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.

And presumably you are here for the same reason.

I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious need
for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.

> > Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> > as foods
> > without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> > occasions, as
> > it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> > doesn't
> > mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> > animals" -
> > but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> > proteins
> > in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
> >
> > What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> > things
> > you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> > vote, and
> > many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> > Choose
> > wisely - the future is in your hands.

> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?

Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it out
many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> rick wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ps.com...

>> > A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you
>> > would
>> > say.

>> ======================
>> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
>> something first..
>> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
>> here for entertainment.
>> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
>> brutally and inhumanely
>> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.

========================
Yes, but unlike wannbe vegans, I don't make ignorant claims of
doing all I can, or anything, to save animals.

> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my
> religious need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.

]=====================
There you go hypocrite! Thanks for admitting that veganism IS a
religion. I've been saying thatv for years.

>> > Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy
>> > plants
>> > as foods
>> > without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
>> > occasions, as
>> > it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
>> > doesn't
>> > mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
>> > animals" -
>> > but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
>> > proteins
>> > in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>> >
>> > What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the
>> > other
>> > things
>> > you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
>> > vote, and
>> > many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
>> > Choose
>> > wisely - the future is in your hands.

>> ============================
>> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
>> any wise choice was made at all.
>> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing
> it out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand
> it?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > ps.com...

> > > A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> > > say.

> > ======================
> > Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> > something first..
> > usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> > here for entertainment.
> > Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> > brutally and inhumanely
> > than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
> >

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> > > Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> > > as foods
> > > without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> > > occasions, as
> > > it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> > > doesn't
> > > mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> > > animals" -
> > > but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> > > proteins
> > > in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
> > >
> > > What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> > > things
> > > you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> > > vote, and
> > > many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> > > Choose
> > > wisely - the future is in your hands.

> > ============================
> > Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> > any wise choice was made at all.
> > Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
> >

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

plants do feel pain too

wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> wrote in message
> ps.com...
>
> rick wrote:
> "Soggy" <dcarlin1> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons
> ===================
> Then you WON'T be vegan. Veganism is NOT a diet. It is a
> religion, a way of life. What you eat has no more or less
> importance than what you do in the rest of your life.
> Besides,
> there are NO vegans here on usenet...
>

> A vegan meal then.. is what? Doesn't exist I suppose you would
> say.
> ======================
> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> something first..
> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> here for entertainment.
> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> brutally and inhumanely
> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
>

> And presumably you are here for the same reason.
>
> I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my religious

need
> for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.
>

> Perhaps not such a necessary word, as I can always buy plants
> as foods
> without using it. However it does come in handy on rare
> occasions, as
> it does say something about the food it labels. I agree it
> doesn't
> mean "eating this food means you are doing no harm to any
> animals" -
> but it does have some meaning, e.g. that there are no animal
> proteins
> in the food, which are linked to numerous health problems.
>
> What you eat -does- have more importance than many of the other
> things
> you do in your life. Every dollar you spend is an important
> vote, and
> many of those votes go to food produers and food middle men.
> Choose
> wisely - the future is in your hands.
> ============================
> Yes, choose wisely. Avoiding meat does not automatically mean
> any wise choice was made at all.
> Too bad you're too stupid to understand that, eh killer?
>

> Well I explicitly stated it, and have thanked you for pointing it

out
> many times before. Is that why you think I don't understand it?

Sent via
http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

rick wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ups.com...

> >> ps.com...

> >> ======================
> >> Veganism, fool, is NOT a diet. Do try to learn a little
> >> something first..
> >> usenet has NO value of necessity. You, and vegan wannabes are
> >> here for entertainment.
> >> Entertainment that kills untold numbers of animals far more
> >> brutally and inhumanely
> >> than any slaughterhouse animal endures.
> >>

> > And presumably you are here for the same reason.

> ========================
> Yes, but unlike wannbe vegans, I don't make ignorant claims of
> doing all I can, or anything, to save animals.

No? Don't you feel that just perhaps, by pointing out all our
nefarious ways, that you might encourage some kind of activity that
helps maybe just one little field mouse? Surely you think that your
words might help one animal, me, your reader. After all there is some
motivation to write. But of course it's probably beyond saving this
killer, eh killer?

> > I like to use the usenet because that takes care of my
> > religious need
> > for animal sacrifice rituals so I don't have to eat the stuff.

> ]=====================
> There you go hypocrite! Thanks for admitting that veganism IS a
> religion. I've been saying thatv for years.

I may be coming around to your opinion on this one too, though I hold
out some meaning of the word "vegan" as a description of the food,
rather than the religious ritual of eating. One could argue that any
artifact of human behavior has a religious background and usage.

However, the case for anything revolving around food consumption as
religious ritual is stronger than such a general argument. It really
amuses me to see so called "seculars" chiding traditional religion as a
practice and then preforming daily rituals at prescribed positions of
the sun involving multiple traditional props, demonstrations of wealth
and animal sacrifice. The practice of "saying grace" may have dropped
out of common use, but the usage of metalic pronged utensils, oven
fired ceramic food vessels, platforms for placing all these objects of
specific shape and carvings, four-legged platforms for tail-bone
resting postures also carved and decorated, traditional selection and
mixing of foodstuffs based on time of day, extensive heating or
processing of foodstuffs in traditional ceremony... shall I go on?

That many old churches have been converted to restaurants for this kind
of worship is telling, and often quite enjoyable I might add. I have
practiced my religion in at least one, though I remember that I was
sacreligious to my vegan Gods on that day, paying some homage to
another who demands the sacrifice of a certain avian creatcure of
southeast asian decent.

Cheers - shevek

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Okay, I've now read up on spirulina & chorella and I've actually had some
spirulina powder for awhile that my acupuncturist wanted me to use (hadn't
known much about it though).
I'm wondering if you can add it to cooking and/or baking or will it lose its
nutritional value?

"Nick Chan" > wrote in message
ups.com...

> Spirulina and chorella - high source of protein
>
> combination of various fruits and vegetables will also supply somekind
> of protein
>

> Soggy wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons but due to
>> various health issues. My main issue though is I have multiple food
>> allergies including nuts and soy (and most likely other legumes). Is it
>> possible for me to get the necessary protein in my diet? If so, how?
>>
>> Thanks for any input you can give me.
>>
>> Pat

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Okay, I've now read up on spirulina & chorella and I've actually
had some
spirulina powder for awhile that my acupuncturist wanted me to use
(hadn't
known much about it though).
I'm wondering if you can add it to cooking and/or baking or will it
lose its
nutritional value?

"Nick Chan" <zzzxtreme> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Spirulina and chorella - high source of protein
>
> combination of various fruits and vegetables will also supply

somekind
> of protein
>

> Soggy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons but due

> various health issues. My main issue though is I have multiple food
> allergies including nuts and soy (and most likely other legumes).

Is it
> possible for me to get the necessary protein in my diet? If so,

how?

> Thanks for any input you can give me.
>
> Pat

Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Okay, I've now read up on spirulina & chorella and I've actually
had some
spirulina powder for awhile that my acupuncturist wanted me to use
(hadn't
known much about it though).
I'm wondering if you can add it to cooking and/or baking or will it
lose its
nutritional value?

"Nick Chan" <zzzxtreme> wrote in message
ups.com...

> Spirulina and chorella - high source of protein
>
> combination of various fruits and vegetables will also supply

somekind
> of protein
>

> Soggy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons but due

> various health issues. My main issue though is I have multiple food
> allergies including nuts and soy (and most likely other legumes).

Is it
> possible for me to get the necessary protein in my diet? If so,

how?

> Thanks for any input you can give me.
>
> Pat

Sent via http://Pets-99.com , http://AnimalForum.ws & http://AnimalBlog.org
Posted to alt.food.vegan

im no scientist, but vitamins will break up in heat? I think?

but i have never heard protein being lost in cooking

Soggy wrote:
> Okay, I've now read up on spirulina & chorella and I've actually had some
> spirulina powder for awhile that my acupuncturist wanted me to use (hadn't
> known much about it though).
> I'm wondering if you can add it to cooking and/or baking or will it lose its
> nutritional value?
>
> "Nick Chan" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > Spirulina and chorella - high source of protein
> >
> > combination of various fruits and vegetables will also supply somekind
> > of protein
> >

> > Soggy wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I've considered becoming a vegan, not for any moral reasons but due to
> >> various health issues. My main issue though is I have multiple food
> >> allergies including nuts and soy (and most likely other legumes). Is it
> >> possible for me to get the necessary protein in my diet? If so, how?
> >>
> >> Thanks for any input you can give me.
> >>
> >> Pat

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Protein, bah. check out www.veganfitness.net.

You do realise that protein is just used for muscle growth and repair?

Look up cholesterol, the biggest killer in the west. That is our vegan
smug secret
Nick Chan wrote:
> im no scientist, but vitamins will break up in heat? I think?
>
> but i have never heard protein being lost in cooking
>
> Soggy wrote:
> > Okay, I've now read up on spirulina & chorella and I've actually had some
> > spirulina powder for awhile that my acupuncturist wanted me to use (hadn't
> > known much about it though).
> > I'm wondering if you can add it to cooking and/or baking or will it lose its
> > nutritional value?
> >
> > "Nick Chan" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...
> > >
> > > Spirulina and chorella - high source of protein
> > >
> > > combination of various fruits and vegetables will also supply somekind
> > > of protein

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Blueshark wrote:

> Protein, bah. check out www.veganfitness.net.
>
> You do realise that protein is just used for muscle growth and repair?

Ipse dixit. Unsurprisingly unscientific remark since it's coming from
a vegan.

> Look up cholesterol, the biggest killer in the west.

Ipse dixit. Serum cholesterol doesn't directly correlate to dietary
cholesterol. What impacts serum cholesterol levels the most are
hereditary factors, not diet-related factors. Diet-related factors with
the greatest and most direct impact on serum cholesterol levels are the
types of fats ingested, not the amount of cholesterol consumed.

The oily cold-water fish recommended to heart patients for the omega-3
FAs are quite high in cholesterol. The lipids contained in those fish
are beneficial and help reduce serum cholesterol. It's not a paradox:
it's the fat content of food, not the cholesterol content, that relates
to serum cholesterol levels.

Exercise also plays a role in serum cholesterol management. People who
are sedentary have higher risk of high serum cholesterol. People who
exercise regularly tend to better manage their serum cholesterol levels.

Vegetarians with the "wrong" family histories can and do have high serum
cholesterol levels despite their diets and their best intentions.
Vegetarians with the "wrong" diets -- e.g., consuming too much saturated
fat and transfats -- also have high serum cholesterol. Vegetarians
who don't exercise are at risk of every disease of sedentary
lifestyle that affects people who consume meat, dairy, and eggs.
Accordingly, vegans are not immune to high cholesterol and people who
eat the right kinds of meat don't have to worry about high serum
cholesterol levels.

For evidence supporting this from various medical journals, EDU
websites, etc., search google for posts by usual suspect with the
keywords hypercholesterolemia, oily fish, etc.

> That is our vegan smug secret

More like an ignorant delusion, but hardly surprising vegan losers would
take pride in that the way you do. ;-)

> Nick Chan wrote:
> > im no scientist, but vitamins will break up in heat? I think?
> >
> > but i have never heard protein being lost in cooking
> >
> > Soggy wrote:
> > > Okay, I've now read up on spirulina & chorella and I've actually
> > > had some spirulina powder for awhile that my acupuncturist wanted
> > > me to use (hadn't known much about it though).
> > > I'm wondering if you can add it to cooking and/or baking or will
> > > it lose its nutritional value?
> > >
> > > "Nick Chan" > wrote in message
> > > ups.com...

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Ok.

What is 'Serum cholesterol' ?

Do its levels in humans have a direct correlation with heart disease?

I am not really smug, but at peace in my dietary position with regards
to its health benefits.

To say I am smug, is to knock the apathetics into consiousness, because
they often have a victim complex, plus I am quite evil.

I do sometimes lose in certain games, I would need you to clarify what
game you are referring to.

I am ignorant in some matters, but am not ignorant in my ignorance.

Do you suffer from indigestion or red cheeks?

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Blueshark wrote:
>
> > Protein, bah. check out www.veganfitness.net.
> >
> > You do realise that protein is just used for muscle growth and repair?

> Ipse dixit. Unsurprisingly unscientific remark since it's coming from
> a vegan.
>
> > Look up cholesterol, the biggest killer in the west.

> Ipse dixit. Serum cholesterol doesn't directly correlate to dietary
> cholesterol. What impacts serum cholesterol levels the most are
> hereditary factors, not diet-related factors. Diet-related factors with
> the greatest and most direct impact on serum cholesterol levels are the
> types of fats ingested, not the amount of cholesterol consumed.
>
> The oily cold-water fish recommended to heart patients for the omega-3
> FAs are quite high in cholesterol. The lipids contained in those fish
> are beneficial and help reduce serum cholesterol. It's not a paradox:
> it's the fat content of food, not the cholesterol content, that relates
> to serum cholesterol levels.
>
> Exercise also plays a role in serum cholesterol management. People who
> are sedentary have higher risk of high serum cholesterol. People who
> exercise regularly tend to better manage their serum cholesterol levels.
>
> Vegetarians with the "wrong" family histories can and do have high serum
> cholesterol levels despite their diets and their best intentions.
> Vegetarians with the "wrong" diets -- e.g., consuming too much saturated
> fat and transfats -- also have high serum cholesterol. Vegetarians
> who don't exercise are at risk of every disease of sedentary
> lifestyle that affects people who consume meat, dairy, and eggs.
> Accordingly, vegans are not immune to high cholesterol and people who
> eat the right kinds of meat don't have to worry about high serum
> cholesterol levels.
>
> For evidence supporting this from various medical journals, EDU
> websites, etc., search google for posts by usual suspect with the
> keywords hypercholesterolemia, oily fish, etc.
>
> > That is our vegan smug secret

> More like an ignorant delusion, but hardly surprising vegan losers would
> take pride in that the way you do. ;-)
>

> > Nick Chan wrote:
> > > im no scientist, but vitamins will break up in heat? I think?
> > >
> > > but i have never heard protein being lost in cooking

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Ok, what you say has elements of truth in it.

It seems that 'saturated fats' and 'trans fats' are dietary influences
that trigger high levels of cholesterol.

However foods with notable levels of these fats are mostly meat and
dairy.

I am not convinced that hereditary factors are the primary factor in
heart disease today, because the average western diet is so poor that
this has probably become numero uno.

What are the health advantages of meat/dairy over vegetables/fruit ?
Blueshark wrote:
> Ok.
>
> What is 'Serum cholesterol' ?
>
> Do its levels in humans have a direct correlation with heart disease?
>
> I am not really smug, but at peace in my dietary position with regards
> to its health benefits.
>
> To say I am smug, is to knock the apathetics into consiousness, because
> they often have a victim complex, plus I am quite evil.
>
> I do sometimes lose in certain games, I would need you to clarify what
> game you are referring to.
>
> I am ignorant in some matters, but am not ignorant in my ignorance.
>
> Do you suffer from indigestion or red cheeks?
>
> chico chupacabra wrote:
> > Blueshark wrote:
> >
> > > Protein, bah. check out www.veganfitness.net.
> > >
> > > You do realise that protein is just used for muscle growth and repair?

> > Ipse dixit. Unsurprisingly unscientific remark since it's coming from
> > a vegan.
> >
> > > Look up cholesterol, the biggest killer in the west.

> > Ipse dixit. Serum cholesterol doesn't directly correlate to dietary
> > cholesterol. What impacts serum cholesterol levels the most are
> > hereditary factors, not diet-related factors. Diet-related factors with
> > the greatest and most direct impact on serum cholesterol levels are the
> > types of fats ingested, not the amount of cholesterol consumed.
> >
> > The oily cold-water fish recommended to heart patients for the omega-3
> > FAs are quite high in cholesterol. The lipids contained in those fish
> > are beneficial and help reduce serum cholesterol. It's not a paradox:
> > it's the fat content of food, not the cholesterol content, that relates
> > to serum cholesterol levels.
> >
> > Exercise also plays a role in serum cholesterol management. People who
> > are sedentary have higher risk of high serum cholesterol. People who
> > exercise regularly tend to better manage their serum cholesterol levels.
> >
> > Vegetarians with the "wrong" family histories can and do have high serum
> > cholesterol levels despite their diets and their best intentions.
> > Vegetarians with the "wrong" diets -- e.g., consuming too much saturated
> > fat and transfats -- also have high serum cholesterol. Vegetarians
> > who don't exercise are at risk of every disease of sedentary
> > lifestyle that affects people who consume meat, dairy, and eggs.
> > Accordingly, vegans are not immune to high cholesterol and people who
> > eat the right kinds of meat don't have to worry about high serum
> > cholesterol levels.
> >
> > For evidence supporting this from various medical journals, EDU
> > websites, etc., search google for posts by usual suspect with the
> > keywords hypercholesterolemia, oily fish, etc.
> >
> > > That is our vegan smug secret

> > More like an ignorant delusion, but hardly surprising vegan losers would
> > take pride in that the way you do. ;-)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Blueshark wrote:

> Ok.
>
> What is 'Serum cholesterol' ?

That's the cholesterol level actually found in the bloodstream. It
correlates to a lot more than just how much cholesterol is consumed in
the diet.

> Do its levels in humans have a direct correlation with heart disease?

Yes. Duh.

> I am not really smug, but at peace in my dietary position with
> regards to its health benefits.

No, you're definitely smug. There are no "health benefits" inherent in
vegan diets. If anything, a vegan diet requires more careful planning
because it starts from a point of eliminating important sources of
protein, vitamins, and minerals.

And cut the shit about cholesterol and saturated fats: those concerns
can be addressed by consuming low- or non-fat dairy, lean meats, and egg
whites (no fat, no cholesterol).

That leaves you with AR concerns, which have nothing to do with your own
health.

> To say I am smug, is to knock the apathetics into consiousness,
> because they often have a victim complex, plus I am quite evil.

Some in AFV will tell you I am, too.

> I do sometimes lose in certain games, I would need you to clarify what
> game you are referring to.

Games? I'm talking about nutrition -- science. It's not about winning or
losing but about being accurate. And you weren't.

<...>
Posted to alt.food.vegan

Blueshark wrote:

> Ok, what you say has elements of truth in it.

No, it's totally truthful.

> It seems that 'saturated fats' and 'trans fats' are dietary influences
> that trigger high levels of cholesterol.

Correct.

> However foods with notable levels of these fats are mostly meat and
> dairy.

No. Transfats are found in hydrogenated vegetable oils. And if your
concern is related to health, you can reduce the saturated fat content
of your diet by consuming fat-free or low-fat products.

> I am not convinced that hereditary factors are the primary factor in
> heart disease today,

http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4610
http://www.americanheart.org/present...identifier=500
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=22535
Etc.

> because the average western diet is so poor that
> this has probably become numero uno.

No, you're wrong. Diet is one of several factors and it can be changed
(whether you want to include meat in your diet or not), but you can't
change the other ones: heredity, sex, age, etc.

> What are the health advantages of meat/dairy over vegetables/fruit ?

There are plenty of advantages to a varied diet -- and eliminating
entire groups of foods reduces variety right off the bat. Just a little
meat improves absorption of iron and zinc (both of which bind to
phytates in plant-based protein sources -- like legumes), dairy is rich
in calcium, etc.

There's no scientific or nutritional justification for adopting
veganism.

> Blueshark wrote:
> > Ok.
> >
> > What is 'Serum cholesterol' ?
> >
> > Do its levels in humans have a direct correlation with heart
> > disease?
> >
> > I am not really smug, but at peace in my dietary position with
> > regards to its health benefits.
> >
> > To say I am smug, is to knock the apathetics into consiousness,
> > because they often have a victim complex, plus I am quite evil.
> >
> > I do sometimes lose in certain games, I would need you to clarify
> > what game you are referring to.
> >
> > I am ignorant in some matters, but am not ignorant in my ignorance.
> >
> > Do you suffer from indigestion or red cheeks?
> >
> > chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > Ipse dixit. Unsurprisingly unscientific remark since it's coming
> > > from a vegan.

> > > Ipse dixit. Serum cholesterol doesn't directly correlate to
> > > dietary cholesterol. What impacts serum cholesterol levels the
> > > most are hereditary factors, not diet-related factors.
> > > Diet-related factors with the greatest and most direct impact on
> > > serum cholesterol levels are the types of fats ingested, not the
> > > amount of cholesterol consumed.
> > >
> > > The oily cold-water fish recommended to heart patients for the
> > > omega-3 FAs are quite high in cholesterol. The lipids contained in
> > > those fish are beneficial and help reduce serum cholesterol. It's
> > > not a paradox: it's the fat content of food, not the cholesterol
> > > content, that relates to serum cholesterol levels.
> > >
> > > Exercise also plays a role in serum cholesterol management. People
> > > who are sedentary have higher risk of high serum cholesterol.
> > > People who exercise regularly tend to better manage their serum
> > > cholesterol levels.
> > >
> > > Vegetarians with the "wrong" family histories can and do have high
> > > serum cholesterol levels despite their diets and their best
> > > intentions. Vegetarians with the "wrong" diets -- e.g., consuming
> > > too much saturated fat and transfats -- also have high serum
> > > cholesterol. Vegetarians who don't exercise are at risk of every
> > > disease of sedentary lifestyle that affects people who consume
> > > meat, dairy, and eggs. Accordingly, vegans are not immune to high
> > > cholesterol and people who eat the right kinds of meat don't have
> > > to worry about high serum cholesterol levels.
> > >
> > > For evidence supporting this from various medical journals, EDU
> > > websites, etc., search google for posts by usual suspect with the
> > > keywords hypercholesterolemia, oily fish, etc.

> > > More like an ignorant delusion, but hardly surprising vegan losers
> > > would take pride in that the way you do. ;-)

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> No, you're wrong. Diet is one of several factors and it can be changed
> (whether you want to include meat in your diet or not), but you can't
> change the other ones: heredity, sex, age, etc.

I may be wrong now but that is not the issue. I am looking for the
solution, so as far I am concerned I am not afraid to voice my opinion.

I think you do not understand, that the importance of factors change
according to their application in average life.

> There are plenty of advantages to a varied diet -- and eliminating
> entire groups of foods reduces variety right off the bat. Just a little
> meat improves absorption of iron and zinc (both of which bind to
> phytates in plant-based protein sources -- like legumes), dairy is rich
> in calcium, etc.

Yes, there are many advantages to a varied diet. However you have to be
realistic and smart. The fact is the meat industry is cloaked in
secrecy.

Does this not give you cause for concern?

Why do they need to advertise and hide the ugly side?

> There's no scientific or nutritional justification for adopting
> veganism.

There are nutritional justifications for adopting a diet that is more
akin to veganism than modern omnivorism in the Western world in the
present time period.

chico chupacabra wrote:
> Blueshark wrote:
>
> > Ok, what you say has elements of truth in it.

> No, it's totally truthful.
>
> > It seems that 'saturated fats' and 'trans fats' are dietary influences
> > that trigger high levels of cholesterol.

> Correct.
>
> > However foods with notable levels of these fats are mostly meat and
> > dairy.

> No. Transfats are found in hydrogenated vegetable oils. And if your
> concern is related to health, you can reduce the saturated fat content
> of your diet by consuming fat-free or low-fat products.
>
> > I am not convinced that hereditary factors are the primary factor in
> > heart disease today,

> http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4610
> http://www.americanheart.org/present...identifier=500
> http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=22535
> Etc.
>
> > because the average western diet is so poor that
> > this has probably become numero uno.

> No, you're wrong. Diet is one of several factors and it can be changed
> (whether you want to include meat in your diet or not), but you can't
> change the other ones: heredity, sex, age, etc.
>
> > What are the health advantages of meat/dairy over vegetables/fruit ?

> There are plenty of advantages to a varied diet -- and eliminating
> entire groups of foods reduces variety right off the bat. Just a little
> meat improves absorption of iron and zinc (both of which bind to
> phytates in plant-based protein sources -- like legumes), dairy is rich
> in calcium, etc.
>
> There's no scientific or nutritional justification for adopting
> veganism.
>

> > Blueshark wrote:
> > > Ok.
> > >
> > > What is 'Serum cholesterol' ?
> > >
> > > Do its levels in humans have a direct correlation with heart
> > > disease?
> > >
> > > I am not really smug, but at peace in my dietary position with
> > > regards to its health benefits.
> > >
> > > To say I am smug, is to knock the apathetics into consiousness,
> > > because they often have a victim complex, plus I am quite evil.
> > >
> > > I do sometimes lose in certain games, I would need you to clarify
> > > what game you are referring to.
> > >
> > > I am ignorant in some matters, but am not ignorant in my ignorance.
> > >
> > > Do you suffer from indigestion or red cheeks?

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Blueshark wrote:

> > No, you're wrong. Diet is one of several factors and it can be
> > changed (whether you want to include meat in your diet or not), but
> > you can't change the other ones: heredity, sex, age, etc.

> I may be wrong now

You are.

> I think you do not understand, that the importance of factors change
> according to their application in average life.

No, it's all important.

> > There are plenty of advantages to a varied diet -- and eliminating
> > entire groups of foods reduces variety right off the bat. Just a
> > little meat improves absorption of iron and zinc (both of which bind
> > to phytates in plant-based protein sources -- like legumes), dairy
> > is rich in calcium, etc.

> Yes, there are many advantages to a varied diet. However you have to
> be realistic

I am. How many ex-vegans and ex-vegetarians testify that vegetarianism
-- especially the extreme version peddled by animal rights kooks -- is
unrealistic?

> and smart.

I am.

No, it isn't cloaked by anything. Don't be such a daft ****.

> Does this not give you cause for concern?

No, not the least bit.

> Why do they need to advertise and hide the ugly side?

What do they advertise? Do you object to crisps and candies being
advertised? Beer? I have no opposition to advertising.

What "ugly side" are you saying they hide? Do you consume chocolate? Do
you know how it's processed? Do you mind that cacao collection remains
one of the last vestiges of slavery?

> > There's no scientific or nutritional justification for adopting
> > veganism.

> There are nutritional justifications for adopting a diet that is more
> akin to veganism than modern omnivorism in the Western world in the
> present time period.

No, you cannot support this wild-eyed claim.

> chico chupacabra wrote:
> > Blueshark wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, what you say has elements of truth in it.

> > No, it's totally truthful.
> >
> > > It seems that 'saturated fats' and 'trans fats' are dietary
> > > influences that trigger high levels of cholesterol.

> > Correct.
> >
> > > However foods with notable levels of these fats are mostly meat
> > > and dairy.

> > No. Transfats are found in hydrogenated vegetable oils. And if your
> > concern is related to health, you can reduce the saturated fat
> > content of your diet by consuming fat-free or low-fat products.
> >
> > > I am not convinced that hereditary factors are the primary factor
> > > in heart disease today,

> > http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4610
> > http://www.americanheart.org/present...identifier=500
> > http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=22535
> > Etc.
> >
> > > because the average western diet is so poor that
> > > this has probably become numero uno.

> > No, you're wrong. Diet is one of several factors and it can be
> > changed (whether you want to include meat in your diet or not), but
> > you can't change the other ones: heredity, sex, age, etc.
> >
> > > What are the health advantages of meat/dairy over vegetables/fruit
> > > ?

> > There are plenty of advantages to a varied diet -- and eliminating
> > entire groups of foods reduces variety right off the bat. Just a
> > little meat improves absorption of iron and zinc (both of which bind
> > to phytates in plant-based protein sources -- like legumes), dairy
> > is rich in calcium, etc.
> >
> > There's no scientific or nutritional justification for adopting
> > veganism.

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Hmf Fair enough.

I am off to guzzle my wheatgrass juice and pray to the pagan fertility
gods.

>Do you mind that cacao collection remains
> one of the last vestiges of slavery?

I guess it is low overheads. I fancy some expensive chocolate now
actually.
chico chupacabra wrote:
> [...]

> > > content of your diet by consuming fat-free or low-fat products.

> > > http://www.americanheart.org/present...dentifier=4610
> > > http://www.americanheart.org/present...identifier=500
> > > http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=22535
> > > Etc.

> > > No, you're wrong. Diet is one of several factors and it can be
> > > changed (whether you want to include meat in your diet or not), but
> > > you can't change the other ones: heredity, sex, age, etc.

> > > There are plenty of advantages to a varied diet -- and eliminating
> > > entire groups of foods reduces variety right off the bat. Just a
> > > little meat improves absorption of iron and zinc (both of which bind
> > > to phytates in plant-based protein sources -- like legumes), dairy
> > > is rich in calcium, etc.
> > >
> > > There's no scientific or nutritional justification for adopting

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Blueshark wrote:

> Hmf Fair enough.
>
> I am off to guzzle my wheatgrass juice and pray to the pagan fertility
> gods.

I'll leave you and your superstitions alone, save for the one about
drinking wheatgrass juice. Why do *you* drink it?

http://healthfraudoz.blogspot.com/20...why-grass.html

> >Do you mind that cacao collection remains
> > one of the last vestiges of slavery?

> I guess it is low overheads.

So why would you consume chocolate instead of meat or dairy?

> I fancy some expensive chocolate now
> actually.

It's probably better for you than the wheatgrass. Not good, though, for
those "sold" to pick cacao (and coffee).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/1272522.stm