Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat

Default Vagan question, getting started.

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:38:55 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> evaded as usual..
>
>> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 20:03:27 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>>

>>>dh pointed out:

>>>Another lying evasive remark, I described above and in recent posts
>>>precisely what I "consider" regarding livestock.

>> We've narrowed it down to the fact that you think you would lose
>> imaginary moral points of whatever type if you consider the animals'
>> lives as well as their deaths, but since you can't explain how or why
>> that so far can only be viewed as incredible inconsideration and
>> selfishness on your part.

>That paragraph contained several equivocations. You equivocated on the word
>"life" between "coming into existence" and "the content and quality of that
>existence"

No. That paragraph didn't consider quality. Considering quality would
be step two, but since you can't even get to step one it's all just one big
confusion for you. As I continue to point out, your selfishness is so pure
that you can't consider the animals' lives in any way. When you pretended
to try you said it made you feel dirty or whatever, because trying to consider
the animals made you feel like you were cheating on yourself. Sick, but
quite obviously that's you as we keep seeing over and over and over...

>and you equivocated on the word "consideration" between "to think
>about something" and "to be generous towards" it.

There's no way you could understand because you can't even get
to step one. In fact you don't even understand what the consideration
means...or at least you didn't a few days ago when you asked what
it is or how I consider them or whatever.

>Are you aware that you do this, or is just a reflex?
>
>>>You still refuse to do so.

>> I consider their lives as well as their deaths.

>You are equivocating again.

You are clueless still.

>> If you could consider
>> either, you should at least be able to comprehend how a person
>> could consider both

>I know how you "could", I am telling you that you "shouldn't".

I should unless I want to become purely selfish like you. I only
"shouldn't" if I did want to become purely selfish like you, which
I certainly do NOT!!!

>even though you "aras" necessarily are in
>> no position to do so. If you can't, then it's just beyond your ability
>> as I keep pointing out.

>A child molester "considers" that they are giving children valuable lessons
>in sex.

LOL!!!!! I don't believe that shit. If they say they do, they're lying. Just
as you can't care about the animals, they OBVIOUSLY can't care about
the children they molest. DUH!!!!!
.. . .

>>>WTF are talking about you obtuse prick? *I defend YOUR RIGHT to consume
>>>animal products*

>> LOL! You haven't defended anything. All you've done is claimed that
>> you have without actually doing it.

>Do I need to hire a private security force

No. Just try supporting your claim. It's especially amusing--and of course
VERY strong support of the fact you're an "ara"--that you can't even begin
to attempt supporting your hollow boast regarding this particular issue.
.. . .

>>>That is factoring in the "conditions" of their lives, not their lives per
>>>se.

>> It's factoring in both, which you admittedly can not do.

>Stop equivocating. The fact that livestock "get to experience life" is of no
>relevance.

Necessarily not to you "aras", but it necessarily IS to anyone capable
of considering human influence on animals. Duh.

>>>You're equivocating AGAIN.

>> You're trying to discuss something that I understood
>> from personal experience for years BEFORE I even started
>> posting about it, but you have never understood, apparently
>> never will,

>Personal experience has nothing to do with this.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously not in your case, nor in
the case of any other "aras" or they wouldn't BE "aras".

>It is illogical and inadmissible to "consider" the lives (existence)
>of livestock, or of any other creature

I will certainly save that quote. Before you start crying because
I have no intention of including the rest of the bullshit, I'm now giving
you an oportunity to explain WHEN you would allow us to consider
animals' lives IF you ever would. If not, then you are on record as
exposing your belief that we should ALWAYS be completely
inconsiderate toward the lives of ANY and ALL beings.

> and have even changed your own views about
>> significantly just during the time we've been arguing about it
>> the past couple of years. You're so far behind I doubt you
>> ever COULD catch up if you tried, and you never will make
>> the attempt.

>It is apparent from this that you have held this delusion since you were a
>stupid kid,

I've understood that the lives of all animals should be given as
much consideration as their deaths for over 20 years, and have
understood that some livestock have lives of positive value and
some don't for about 35 years.

>that explains why you can't let go of it

The fact that I have LEARNED those things is why I "can't
let go of it". The fact that you can't even understand the concept
that some animals have lives of positive value is why you never
will be able to. The purity of your selfishness is what prevents
all "aras" from understanding that some livestock have lives of
positive value, though I don't believe ALL the rest of them are
quite as selfish as you are since some of them attempt to consider
the lives of wildlife, Dutchy.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:41:34 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message news
>> On 6 Sep 2006 01:19:00 -0700, "Blueshark" > wrote:
>>
>>>This thread is 90% garbage.

>> What I present are facts.

>You present facts, but you draw illogical and inadmissible conclusions from
>some of them. Some of the points you make are valid, but your insistence
>that animals "getting to experience life" has a place in the debate destroys
>your credibility.

ONLY to people who can't appreciate the fact that some livestock have
lives of positive value, which all "aras" necessarily can not or they wouldn't
be "aras". Duh!
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Which livestock would those be, ****wit?

> have lives of positive value

What "positive value" would that be, ****wit? Ending up as pot roast?
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Default Conversations in the other room: was Vagan question, getting started.

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:22:07 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message ...

> >> One is too many. "ar" terrorism has done nothing to make anything any better,
> >> though it's responsible for more suffering for countless humans and other animals.

> >Show us evidence that --one-- researcher has been harmed or killed.

> Fortunately normal people are well aware of you freaks terrorist activities, and
> for that reason only few have been injured.

Still, none actually killed.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> Here's a list of some of the actions you love,

I do NOT love them.

> so I'll leave it to you to explain which ones you love the most and why:

I think that YOU love them, because they give you an excuse to attack AR.

> __________________________________________________ _______
> April 4, 2005 Burton, UK:
> In letters to the media, a group calling itself the Animal Rights Militia
> offered to return "one-sixth" of the remains of the 82 year old
> mother-in-law of a part-owner of Darley Oakes Farm, which raises guinea
> pigs for biomedical research. The woman's body was stolen from her grave
> in October. . .

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> February 19, 2005 Chino Hills, CA:
> Animal rights activists vandalized the home of the chief veterinarian for the
> city of Los Angeles. They threw rocks through windows, and left behind fliers
> with the veterinarian's photo, accusing her of animal cruelty. ALF is
> suspected in this incident as well as prior threats against the veterinarian
> and other employees of the LA City Animal Shelter.

Not the right way to go about things, imo.

> January 12, 2005 Auburn, CA:
> Five incendiary devices were found in an office building under construction.
> Devices of the same type were discovered in an upscale subdivision in near-by
> Lincoln on December 27. Official stated the firebombs were capable of extensive
> damage. Graffiti found on the Lincoln homes included "U will pay" and "Enjoy the
> world as it is - as long as you can." In a letter sent to the Auburn Journal on
> January 18, ELF claimed responsibility, and warned of more terrorist attempts to
> come - "We are setting a new precedent, where there will be at least one or more
> actions every few weeks," it read. The Joint Terrorism Task Force is investigating.

ELF.

> December 26, 2004 Sylmar, CA:
> The home of the public information officer of the Los Angeles city Animal Services
> Department was spray-painted with slogans, including "ALF has eyes on you" and
> "Resign (expletive)." Her photo and office location and phone number were posted
> on a website affiliated with ALF, along with those of other Animal Services
> employees. They are listed under the heading "Players/Targets" which includes
> images of a target, bullet holes, and ammunition for rifles. The apartment of
> another Animal Services employee was also vandalized recently.

Any action that may endanger life is WRONG.

> October 17, 2004 Burton, Staffordshire, England:
> Animal rights fanatics have threatened to dig up the remains of a second person
> connected to Darley Oaks guinea pig farm. A letter to an elderly cleaner, who has
> worked at the farm, contained threats to desecrate the grave of her husband. . .

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> September 12, 2004 London, England: The (London) Times obtained a five
> page "hit list", dated July 2004, that was circulated among animal rights
> extremists against the use of animals in biomedical research. More than 150
> named individuals, including 21 children, are targeted for violent attacks,
> harassment, and intimidation. The list includes home addresses and phone
> numbers of 87 employees of Huntington Life Sciences and companies
> connected to it, 47 employees' wives, and 21 children. The document gives
> concrete suggestions for many kinds of attacks, and further gives advice
> on avoiding detection for extremists seeking more violent forms of protest.
> against the people listed. The document states "Whatever you do, just do
> it and show them no mercy . . . make these perverts suffer . . . You can be
> as extreme as you like . . . the possibilities are endless . . ."

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> September 5, 2004: East Peckham, England: Animal Rights activists vowed
> to launch ten "terror attacks" a night across Britain. An ALF spokesman at
> a "training camp" for AR activists to learn "direct action" said "Ten attacks
> a night would be an absolute minimum "Think of the number of butcher
> shops: at least a couple of windows are already being broken every night
> and then you have people spraying graffiti on cars to those targeting
> employees of Huntingdon Life Sciences." There have been reports of at
> least six serious incidents in the last ten days, including attacks on cars
> and other property of people connection with GlaxoSmithKline, HLS, and
> a farm raising guinea pigs for research.

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> August 11, 2002:
> Arson by the ELF caused $700,000 worth of damage at a Forest Service lab
> in Irvine, PA, and destroyed 70 years of research focused on maintaining a
> healthy forest ecosystem. An e-mail from Elf's office said "While innocent
> life will never be harmed in any action we undertake, where it is necessary,
> we will no longer hesitate to pick up the gun to implement justice, and
> provide the needed protection for our planet that decades of legal battles,
> pleading protest, and economic sabotage have failed so drastically to
> achieve." It further stated that all Forest Service stations were targeted,
> and, if rebuilt, the Pennsylvania station would be targeted for complete
> destruction.

ELF.

> [...]
> mental hospital. Additional court ordered restrictions mean that Harding will
> not be released until the Home Secretary is satisfied that he poses no risk to
> the public. The bomber's mail terror campaign injured two adults and one
> child, one woman lost her left eye, the child scarred for life. At trial, evidence
> indicated that he had intended to mail as many as 100 letter bombs.

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> August 16, 2001 UK:
> One of the three men who assaulted Brian Cass, managing director of
> Huntingdon Life Sciences, at his home, received a sentence of three years in
> jail for his part in the attack. David Blenkinsop and two others donned ski
> masks and ambushed Cass as he arrived home, bludgeoning him with wooden
> staves and pickaxe handles. DNA on the handles and Blenkinsop's clothing
> helped convict him of the offense.

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> June 12, 2001 MO:
> A 30-year-old animal rights activist attacked a
> "Survivor" series cast member at a workplace safety promotion, pepper
> spraying him in the face and hitting several onlookers, including children, as
> well. Police arrested the attacker. Michael Skupin, who lasted six weeks on
> "Survivor," attributed the attack to his killing of a pig for food on the series.

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

> May 31, 2001 Canada:
> In a raid late this month, Toronto police arrested
> two men and put out an appeal for apprehension of a third in connection
> with animal cruelty charges stemming from the videotaped skinning of live
> animals. The video showed a cat being tortured and killed allegedly by a
> self-styled artist and vegan protesting animal cruelty. Anthony Ryan
> Wenneker, 24, and Jessie Champlain Powers, 21 were arrested. The raid
> turned up a headless, skinned cat in the refrigerator, along with other
> animal skeletons, including a dog, some mice and rats, and the videos.
> Police are searching for the third person seen in the videos.

'Animal-rights activists were outraged today after a man convicted
of skinning and torturing a live cat was freed from jail and his
accomplice was sentenced to what they considered a "grounding."
http://www.infoshop.org/inews/articl.../04/19/4206293

Clearly unhinged. No person with a heart could do such a thing,

> May 23, 2001 UK:
> Three men, ages 34, 31 and 34, were arrested for the
> attack on Brian Cass, Director of Huntingdon Life Sciences. The baseball bat
> brandishing attackers split Cass' scalp and bruised him and sprayed a
> would-be rescuer with CS gas on February 22, 2001. One of the men was
> arrested at an animal sanctuary run by TV script writer Carla Lane.

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> May 9, 2001 Israel:
> Shraga Segal, an immunologist and former dean of the
> Ben-Gurion University medical school, resigned his post as chairman of the
> government body that supervises research involving animals. Segal received
> a faxed death threat and threats of violence against his family.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> April 27, 2001 WA:
> Governor Gary Locke signed into law this week a
> measure that would make it a misdemeanor to knowingly interfere with or
> recklessly injure a guide dog, or to allow one's dog to obstruct or intimidate
> a guide dog. Repeat offenses could net up to one year in jail and a $5,000
> fine. The measure sailed through the legislature in record time after reports
> of blind people being harassed by animal rights fanatics, both verbally and
> by looking for opportunities to separate the guide dogs from their owners.

I think that there's a place for guide dogs, as long as they're treated very well.

> [...]
> intimidation; and also asserts claims for interference with contractual
> relations and economic advantage. The original plaintiffs in the action were
> the Stephens Group and its wholly owned investment-banking subsidiary,
> Stephens, Inc.

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> February 23, 2001 UK:
> In a major public escalation of animal rights terrorist violence, the managing
> director of Huntingdon Life Sciences was attacked as he arrived home by
> three masked goons wielding baseball bats or ax handles. Brian Cass, 53,
> bludgeoned with head and body wounds and bruises, including a 3-inch
> scalp gash, was saved from further injury by his girl friend's screams and
> the aid of two passersby. One of the Good Samaritans chased the
> attackers, but was debilitated by CS gas from one of the attackers. Cass,
> stitched up and back at work the next day, vowed to continue the work of
> HLS, which includes government mandated tests seeking cures for
> dementia, diabetes, AIDS, asthma and other diseases. In reaction to the
> attack, Ronnie Lee, ALF founder who is no longer with the group, condoned
> the attack and expressed surprise that it didn't happen more often,
> declaring that Cass got off "lightly." Other animal rights groups publicly
> backed off condoning the act, but expressed "understanding" of how it
> could occur. In calendar year 2000, 11 Huntingdon employees' cars were
> firebombed.

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

> February 21, 2001 UK:
> Two men ages 26 and 36, and one 31 year-old woman were arrested in
> connection with letter bombing attacks against at least eleven agricultural
> businesses. Since December 10, 2000, three bombs were intercepted, but 5
> of 10 others exploded, causing serious eye and facial injury to two adults,
> and leg wounds to a 6-year old daughter of one of the intended victims.
> Authorities considered all of the bombs potentially lethal. The businesses
> included pet supply, pest control, farming, agricultural supply, and a

Any action that may, endanger life is WRONG. Meanwhile, your so-called
lifestyle is responsible for the suffering and deaths of countless humans and
other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme ways to stop it.

> February 13, 2001 Scotland:
> A letter bomb was sent to an agricultural entity in the Borders. Army
> experts were called out to defuse the bomb.

Any action that may endanger life is WRONG. Meanwhile, your so-called
lifestyle is responsible for the suffering and deaths of countless humans and
other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme ways to stop it.

> February 12, 2001 UK:
> An agricultural firm in North Yorkshire received a letter bomb which was
> defused without incident by army experts.

Any action that may endanger life is WRONG. Meanwhile, your so-called
lifestyle is responsible for the suffering and deaths of countless humans and
other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme ways to stop it.

> February 4, 2001 UK:
> In an attack near Nantwich, Cheshire Beagles master George Murray, his
> wife and five other hunt members were assaulted by masked animal rights
> activists. At least five hunt members were injured by the stick- and
> whip-wielding attackers. Murray was beaten, kicked in the head and face
> and his wife was punched in the face. They were threatened with death as
> retribution for the death 10 years ago of hunt saboteur Michael Hill.

Read that last sentence again. I do not condone violence. Do you?

Meanwhile, your so-called 'hunting' is responsible for the suffering
and deaths of countless animals. "One is too many". A few act in
extreme ways to stop it.

> [...]

> was removed by army bomb experts. Both bombs were considered lethal.

Any action that may endanger life is WRONG. Meanwhile, your so-called
'hunting' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of countless animals.
"One is too many". A few act in "extreme" ways to stop it.

> http://www.naiaonline.org/body/artic...s/arterror.htm
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
> >Meanwhile,
> >your so-called 'research' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of countless
> >humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in "extreme" ways to
> >stop it.

> They don't stop it. They cause MORE of it by causing things to have
> to be repeated when if it weren't for their selfish childish indulgence
> in vandalism, there would be no need for it to be. DUH!

That's their motivation though. They want something done NOW.

> >By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court of law

> __________________________________________________ _______
> [...]
> In a war that is fought on on all fronts, as
> thousands of actions occur every year
> around the world there is bound to be
> prisoners. Prisoner support is essential and
> important aspect of our movement.
> [...]
> http://www.animalliberation.net/people/

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I mean those responsible for the injury and deaths of millions of people.

Comment?

> All jailed political prisoners need our help through phone
> calls ,letter writing, and faxes. We all must send prisoners
> letters and information of different events to keep their
> resolve strong (it get's lonely in jail!). Please, if you are not
> a regular letter writer, make sure to send these activists mail
> every once in a while. They will surely appreciate it.
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/pa/veganresist/pow.html
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
> __________________________________________________ _______
> Intersting PeTA facts
>
> When ALF member Roger Troen was convicted of burglary and arson at
> the University of Oregon, in which $36,000 in damage was inflicted,
> PeTA paid Troen's $27.000 legal fees and his $34,900 fine. Gary
> Thorud testified under oath that "we were illegally funding this
> individual with money solicited for other causes, and Ingrid was
> using that money, bragging to the staff that she had spent $25,000
> on the case."
> Deposition of Gary Thorud, Berosini v. PeTA, at 49-50.
>
> Rodney Coronado, a member of the Animal Liberation Front, pleaded
> guilty and was sentenced to 57 months in prison for the destruction
> of an animal diagnostics research lab at the University of California,
> Davis in April, 1987 (total damage estimates: $4.5 million). PETA sent
> $ 45,200 to Coronado's 'support committee,' which was a sum 15 times
> greater than what PETA spent on animal shelters nationwide in all of
> that year.
>
> http://altpet.net/petition/arquote.html
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
> __________________________________________________ _______
> PETA's sympathies for ELF actions were apparent in a recent speech by
> PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich.
>
> "I think it would be great if all of the fast-food outlets, slaughterhouses,
> these laboratories and the banks that fund them exploded tomorrow," he said.
>
> PETA payouts to radicals willing to carry out such crimes include:
>
> -- $5,000 to Josh Harper, who was convicted of assaulting police and firing on
> a fishing vessel;
>
> -- $2,000 to Dave Wilson, convicted of firebombing a fur cooperative;
>
> -- $7,500 to Fran Trutt, convicted of attempted murder of a medical executive
>
> http://www.cdfe.org/peta_fox.htm
> ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Any action that may injure, or endanger life is WRONG.

Meanwhile, your so-called 'lifestyle' is responsible for the suffering and deaths of
countless humans and other animals. "One is too many". A few act in extreme
ways to stop it. By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court
of law, the medical/healthcare system overhauled from top to bottom, with emphasis
on prevention and maintaining good health with a healthy diet and lifestyle, naturally.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food,alt.cooking-chat

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006 12:38:55 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

>since you were a stupid kid

I'll also point out you and Goo's supposed deep think about
the possibility that life is never better than non-existence, which
you have recently learned about from "ar" Salt, is nothing new
to me. I've been familiar with that concept for as long as I can
remember...even as a kid. It's probably something my Dad
mentioned to me when I was in grade school, so it's not a new
concept to me as it is to you and Goo, and certainly can't do
anything to change my pov about things I've known for over
20 or 30 years.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:37:28 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>
> ><dh pointed out:

> >> So are you.

> >No, I am not.

> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

What "inconsideration"? You're projecting.

Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

> . . .
> >> LOL! But you don't believe there are a significant number of
> >> frogs in rice fields.

> >Those rice fields are left to dry. Any frogs would go back to their
> >nearby established habitat - from where they come into the fields.

> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

'In one case, following drying of a pond, 154 frogs moved about
250 m upstream to a pond that did not dry, while 4 frogs moved
900 m downstream (Sredl, 1996).
http://amphibiaweb.org/cgi/amphib_qu...s=yavapaiensis

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:37:28 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>
> ><dh pointed out:

> >> So are you.

> >No, I am not.

> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

What "inconsideration"? You're projecting.

Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

> . . .
> >> LOL! But you don't believe there are a significant number of
> >> frogs in rice fields.

> >Those rice fields are left to dry. Any frogs would go back to their
> >nearby established habitat - from where they come into the fields.

> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

'In one case, following drying of a pond, 154 frogs moved about
250 m upstream to a pond that did not dry, while 4 frogs moved
900 m downstream (Sredl, 1996).
http://amphibiaweb.org/cgi/amphib_qu...s=yavapaiensis

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:18:39 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><dh offered:
>
>> Here's a list of some of the actions you love,

>I do NOT love them.

Oh bullshit. Irish love terrorism to begin with, so an Irish "ara" would
certainly love the hell out of them.

>> so I'll leave it to you to explain which ones you love the most and why:

>I think that YOU love them, because they give you an excuse to attack AR.

They give me another reason not to like it. If it weren't for your buddies,
I'm sure many things having to do with medicine would be significantly
cheaper than they are because of your terrorist friends.
.. . .
>> They don't stop it. They cause MORE of it by causing things to have
>> to be repeated when if it weren't for their selfish childish indulgence
>> in vandalism, there would be no need for it to be. DUH!

>That's their motivation though.

You pretend not to like it, but I feel certain you support them.

>They want something done NOW.

Well they do something NOW....they make things worse. And what
they do NOW will make things worse in the future too. Duh.

>> >By rights, those responsible should be held to account in a court of law

>> __________________________________________________ _______
>> [...]
>> In a war that is fought on on all fronts, as
>> thousands of actions occur every year
>> around the world there is bound to be
>> prisoners. Prisoner support is essential and
>> important aspect of our movement.
>> [...]
>> http://www.animalliberation.net/people/

>ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
>
>I mean those responsible for the injury and deaths of millions of people.
>
>Comment?

Researchers continue to get better at understanding life on
Earth and how to make things better for humans and other
animals. "ara" terrorists make things worse for all of that. If
people don't trust medical research they should simply
REFUSE MEDICAL CARE THEMSELVES, not **** up
everybody else's chances of being helped.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 21:42:45 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 00:37:28 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>>
>> ><dh pointed out:

>> >No, I am not.

>> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

>What "inconsideration"?

You are a theif and destroyer too. We all are.

>You're projecting.
>
>Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.
>
>> . . .
>> >
>> >Those rice fields are left to dry. Any frogs would go back to their
>> >nearby established habitat - from where they come into the fields.

>> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

>'In one case, following drying of a pond, 154 frogs moved about
>250 m upstream to a pond that did not dry, while 4 frogs moved
>900 m downstream (Sredl, 1996).
>http://amphibiaweb.org/cgi/amphib_qu...s=yavapaiensis

I don't doubt that some of them manage to get back to water.
But I also believe many many more of them don't.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Sat, 09 Sep 2006, Goo wrote:

>dh pointed out:

>> >You present facts, but you draw illogical and inadmissible
>> >conclusions from some of them. Some of the points you make are
>> >valid, but your insistence that animals "getting to experience life"
>> >has a place in the debate destroys your credibility.

>> ONLY to people who can't appreciate the fact that some livestock

>Which livestock would those be, ****wit?

Those which have lives of positive value, Goo.

>> have lives of positive value

>What "positive value" would that be,

Having a life experience which isn't so restrictive or abusive that
it has negative value for the animal, Goo.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Derek wrote:

> >> Rupert is a utilitarian, not the deontological rightist he
> >> claims to be. He wrongly believes he is morally justified
> >> in causing the deaths of SOME animals in commercial
> >> agriculture to prevent LARGER amounts of serious
> >> suffering.
> >>
> >> "Since boycotting commercial agriculture would involve
> >> imposing very serious costs on myself, as well as
> >> abandoning opportunities to prevent large amounts of
> >> serious suffering, I am morally justified in not doing it."
> >> Rupert Jun 1 2006 http://tinyurl.com/s2cq7

> >He is balancing the relative harms/benefits in the options
> >available to him, and doing what he believes is the best.

> That's utilitarianism, not deontology. He believes that it
> is morally permissible to kill SOME animals in the hope
> that it will prevent the suffering of a LARGER group
> of animals.

No, I do not. I hold that in an ideal society, we would inflict no more
harm on nonhuman animals than we must to survive. Inflicting any more
harm would violate a constraint. Unfortunately, those constraints are
currently being violated. But the constraint on me as an individual
living in this society is only that I make every reasonable effort to
avoid financially supporting it, not every possible effort. And
considerations of good which I could otherwise achieve is relevant to
what counts as a reasonable effort. All deontologists hold that
sometimes consequences are relevant. Since I hold that there are
constraints on how we can pursue the good, I am a deontologist. If I
were a utilitarian I would hold that there are no constraints.

What other conceivable excuse could there be for financially supporting
agriculture in its present form? If you don't agree with my position,
what's your excuse for not dropping out of society and joining a
commune?

> >That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

> Then I take it you're a utilitarian as well and will morally
> justify the killing of a few animals to prevent the suffering
> of a greater number of them. Priceless!
>
> >> There are your 3 so-called "real AR experts", Pearl; 2
> >> zoophile apologists and a utilitarian who thinks he's a
> >> deontological rightist. Pah!

You really shouldn't listen to what your disgusting pal Leif Erikson
says so much.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

****wit rambled incoherently in circles, as usual:

Quit being so circular, ****wit. WHICH ones specifically would those be,
****wit? The ones that end up as pot roasts?

> >> have lives of positive value

> >What "positive value" would that be, ****wit?

> Having a life experience

What's the positive value of being prepared to be killed so you can be
cut into chops and made into hotdogs, ****wit?
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote
>>Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

There's that equivocation again.

"consider" - to ponder and reach a conclusion

"be considerate" - to treat kindly

If anyone "considers", ponders and reaches a different conclusion from
****wit, they are then [switch] "not being considerate", therefore they are
selfish and unkind.

Are you doing this deliberately? Do you think we can't see through it?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 21:42:45 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>
> ><dh@.> wrote in message ...

> >> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

> >What "inconsideration"?

> You are a theif and destroyer too. We all are.

No I am not. You are.

> >You're projecting.
> >
> >Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.
> >
> >> . . .

> >> Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

> >'In one case, following drying of a pond, 154 frogs moved about
> >250 m upstream to a pond that did not dry, while 4 frogs moved
> >900 m downstream (Sredl, 1996).
> >http://amphibiaweb.org/cgi/amphib_qu...s=yavapaiensis

> I don't doubt that some of them manage to get back to water.

Very good!

> But I also believe many many more of them don't.

Some may have been taken by predators. Maybe none.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

> Oh bullshit. Irish love terrorism to begin with, so an Irish "ara"
would
> certainly love the hell out of them.

I thought you were unbiased? You judgmental ****.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 14:28:57 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>> >What "inconsideration"?

>> You are a theif and destroyer too. We all are.

>No I am not.

We all are.

>You are.

We all are.

>> >You're projecting.
>> >
>> >Your inconsideration is disgusting, and should be even to you.

>> >'In one case, following drying of a pond, 154 frogs moved about
>> >250 m upstream to a pond that did not dry, while 4 frogs moved
>> >900 m downstream (Sredl, 1996).
>> >http://amphibiaweb.org/cgi/amphib_qu...s=yavapaiensis

>> I don't doubt that some of them manage to get back to water.

>Very good!

I can be glad for them too, but I can do that for livestock. So then
some of them go on downstream, and some of them lay eggs which
will contribute to thousands of frogs on the next rice farm downstream...
strange that you can't grasp cycles like that...

>> But I also believe many many more of them don't.

>Some may have been taken by predators. Maybe none.

The rest either die of dehydration, die in the harvest, or are
killed by predators after harvest. Duh! Really I doubt that many
of them are dug into the dry dirt by the time the plows/harrows
come back around. Anything left would almost certainly be cleaned
out by birds when the field is flooded for them after harvest, imo.

"rice has to grow in water, so it is flooded in april, drained for
harvest in july/august, reflooded and drained in october. we flood in
mid-december for waterfowl, and drain in february. in february and
march, the land is disced and planed.
"
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:06:17 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

>Are you doing this deliberately?

You claim that to consider their lives makes you feel dirty,
yet you're obviously ashamed of that lack of consideration
which you should be PROUD of, you moron. You just can't
agree with yourself about anything.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:03:42 +0200, "Misterina" > wrote:

>> Oh bullshit. Irish love terrorism to begin with, so an Irish "ara"

>would
>> certainly love the hell out of them.

>I thought you were unbiased?

I've thought of terrorism when I've thought of Ireland for
as long as I can remember, because of terrorism I've heard
about in Ireland.

>You judgmental ****.

It's not my fault that I've heard about terrorism in Ireland.
It's the fault of terrorists in Ireland. I don't even know why
they do it...just that I've heard about it a number of times.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote
> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:06:17 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
>>Are you doing this deliberately?

> You claim that to consider their lives makes you feel dirty,
> yet you're obviously ashamed of that lack of consideration
> which you should be PROUD of, you moron. You just can't
> agree with yourself about anything.

Are you aware that you are equivocating on "consideration"? Yes or no. Is it
unconscious? Do you understand what equivocation is? Don't get some
dictionary definition and paste it in here, just answer from your own
knowledge.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

wrote:

> >> Oh bullshit. Irish love terrorism to begin with, so an Irish "ara"

> >would
> >> certainly love the hell out of them.

> >I thought you were unbiased?

> I've thought of terrorism when I've thought of Ireland for
> as long as I can remember, because of terrorism I've heard
> about in Ireland.
>
> >You judgmental ****.

> It's not my fault that I've heard about terrorism in Ireland.
> It's the fault of terrorists in Ireland. I don't even know why
> they do it...just that I've heard about it a number of times.

Oh my. You know what I heard about Japanese? You know what they say about
South Africans? Etc etc? David, YOU of all people. I did NOT expect this
from you. No matter how much I dislike you, even THIS is a new low for you.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Misterina wrote:

> <dh@.> wrote in message
> news

> > >"ara" would
> > >

> > >I thought you were unbiased?

> > I've thought of terrorism when I've thought of Ireland for
> > as long as I can remember, because of terrorism I've heard
> > about in Ireland.
> >
> > >You judgmental ****.

> > It's not my fault that I've heard about terrorism in Ireland.
> > It's the fault of terrorists in Ireland. I don't even know why
> > they do it...just that I've heard about it a number of times.

Harrison is just a middle-aged redneck cocktail server living on a
houseboat, trying to hook up with other guys on the lake. He doesn't
understand the geography (e.g., Ireland or Northern Ireland) or the
politics (e.g., whether the British or the Irish should rule Northern
Ireland) or the religious issues underlying the questions at hand.

> Oh my. You know what I heard about Japanese? You know what they say
> about South Africans? Etc etc? David, YOU of all people. I did NOT
> expect this from you.

Why not? He's not exactly the first person you'd go running to with a
question about global politics -- he should be about the last.

> No matter how much I dislike you, even THIS is a new low for you.

No, it isn't.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:18:39 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

<..>
> >I mean those responsible for the injury and deaths of millions of people.
> >
> >Comment?

> Researchers continue to get better at understanding life on
> Earth and how to make things better for humans and other
> animals'.

'The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions
(ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. (1)
The total number of iatrogenic [induced inadvertently by a physician
or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures] deaths
is 783,936. [US, p/a]
At 14 percent of the Gross National Product, health care spending
reached $1.6 trillion in 2003. (15) Considering this enormous expenditure,
we should have the best medicine in the world. We should be reversing
disease, preventing disease, and doing minimal harm. However, careful
and objective review shows the opposite. Because of the extraordinary
narrow context of medical technology through which contemporary
medicine examines the human condition, we are completely missing the
full picture.

Medicine is not taking into consideration the following monumentally
important aspects of a healthy human organism:

(a) Stress and how it adversely affects the immune system and life
processes
(b) Insufficient exercise
(c) Excessive caloric intake
(d) Highly processed and denatured foods grown in denatured and
chemically damaged soil
(e) Exposure to tens of thousands of environmental toxins.

Instead of minimizing these disease-causing factors, we actually cause
more illness through medical technology, diagnostic testing, overuse
of medical and surgical procedures, and overuse of pharmaceutical
drugs. The huge disservice of this therapeutic strategy is the result of
little effort or money being appropriated for preventing disease.
Dr. Jay Cohen, who has extensively researched adverse drug reactions,
comments that because only 5 percent of adverse drug reactions are being
reported, there are, in reality, 5 million medication reactions each year.(34)
...'
http://www.ourcivilisation.com/medicine/usamed.htm

Yet, still ... diseases of the circulatory system account for 41%
of deaths in the EU (with the same pharma' 'medication', etc..).

Not doing too well, are you? That's where you are - where decades
of experimenting on animals 'trying to find medicines' has led you.

'Animal experimentation is a methodological error. And a science
that is based on a false methodology can only be a false science.

The abolition of vivisection would allow a true health service to
focus attention on the many valid healing therapies which are
harmonious, non-invasive and compatible with other life-forms.
Briefly they incorporate:

* A search for patterns and causes of dis-ease and dis-harmony;
* Integration and concern with the patient as a whole;
* Focus on caring as a component of healing;
* Minimal intervention with technology;
* The adaptation of totally non-invasive techniques including
psychotherapies, diet and exercise;
* Study of the individual and family patterns;
* Provision of substantial, thorough and comprehensive
therapeutic programmes and surveys;
* Investigation and rectification of pollution points;
* Education of self-esteem and responsibility.

A focus on clinical research and prevention, together with the
abolition of vivisection, is the only way to turn the present
sickness service into a health service.

http://www.nzavs.org.nz/print/alternatives.html

Read up...

'Mad Cow Disease and Alzheimer's
Is there a connection?
Alzheimer's cases diagnosed in North America these days may
actually be cases of CJD.
Regardless, nutritionists hardly need more evidence about the
potentially negative health effects of eating red meat. For starters,
the saturated animal fat in red meat contributes to heart disease and
atherosclerosis. Recent research also shows that frequent red meat
eaters face twice the risk of colon cancer as those who indulge less
often. Red meat is also thought to increase the risks of rheumatoid
arthritis and endometriosis.

Meanwhile, according to the American Dietetic Association, vegetarian
diets can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease, colon
cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes, kidney disease, hypertension, obesity
and other debilitating medical conditions. While red meat is a key
source of protein and vitamin B12 in North American diets,
nutritionists explain that properly planned meat-free diets easily
provide these important nutrients while keeping you healthier in the
long run.
--
full story:
http://blackhillsportal.com/npps/story.cfm?id=1843

Do you care about people? Tell us if you are going to continue
promoting vivisection, or going to start promoting a vegan diet.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

pearl wrote:

> <dh@.> wrote in message
> > On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:18:39 +0100, "pearl" >
> > wrote:

> <..>
> > >I mean those responsible for the injury and deaths of millions of
> > >people.
> > >
> > >Comment?

> > Researchers continue to get better at understanding life on
> > Earth and how to make things better for humans and other
> > animals'.

> 'The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions
> (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. (1)
> The total number of iatrogenic [induced inadvertently by a physician
> or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures] deaths
> is 783,936. [US, p/a]
> ..
> At 14 percent of the Gross National Product, health care spending
> reached $1.6 trillion in 2003. (15) Considering this enormous
> expenditure, we should have the best medicine in the world.

That falsely presumes all $1.6 trillion goes to legitimate direct
medical care. It doesn't. Far too much of it goes to quacks like you:
chiropractors, reflexologists, etc. Even more of it goes to paying
malpractice insurance premiums and awards as well as unnecessary tests
doctors MUST order to protect them from malpractice claims.

The AMA estimates that over $15 billion is spent yearly on "defensive
medicine," that is, the unnecessary tests and procedures ordered by
physicians to protect themselves from malpractice suits.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...19/ai_14984114
(1999 article, so the figure is no doubt higher now)

> Do you care about people? Tell us if you are going to continue
> promoting vivisection, or going to start promoting a vegan diet.

Veganism isn't a diet, it's an extremist political bent centered on
animal rights. Promoting animal rights won't heal people, dummy.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Misterina wrote:

<...>
> David, YOU of all people. I did NOT
> expect this from you...

It's not like he's Henry Kissinger.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:51:11 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:18:39 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><..>
>> >I mean those responsible for the injury and deaths of millions of people.
>> >
>> >Comment?

>> Researchers continue to get better at understanding life on
>> Earth and how to make things better for humans and other
>> animals'.

>'The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions
>(ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. (1)

>The abolition of vivisection would allow a true health service to
>focus attention on the many valid healing therapies which are
>harmonious, non-invasive and compatible with other life-forms.

No, you poor fool, it would not. If the things you've been
persuaded to believe were really so superior, then we would
KNOW IT BY NOW because people would be using them
succefully. IF what you're going on about was so damn
wonderful, then it would have already made vivisection a thing
of the past since no one would have any use for it any more.
Duh! Instead, it has NOT taken over because it is NOT the
wonder that you've been led to believe.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 12:33:41 GMT, chico chupacabra > wrote:

>pearl wrote:
>
>> <dh@.> wrote in message
>> > On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:18:39 +0100, "pearl" >
>> > wrote:

>> <..>

>> > Researchers continue to get better at understanding life on
>> > Earth and how to make things better for humans and other
>> > animals'.

>> 'The number of people having in-hospital, adverse drug reactions
>> (ADR) to prescribed medicine is 2.2 million. (1)
>> The total number of iatrogenic [induced inadvertently by a physician
>> or surgeon or by medical treatment or diagnostic procedures] deaths
>> is 783,936. [US, p/a]
>> ..
>> At 14 percent of the Gross National Product, health care spending
>> reached $1.6 trillion in 2003. (15) Considering this enormous
>> expenditure, we should have the best medicine in the world.

>That falsely presumes all $1.6 trillion goes to legitimate direct
>medical care. It doesn't. Far too much of it goes to quacks like you:
>chiropractors, reflexologists, etc. Even more of it goes to paying
>malpractice insurance premiums and awards as well as unnecessary tests
>doctors MUST order to protect them from malpractice claims.
>
> The AMA estimates that over $15 billion is spent yearly on "defensive
> medicine," that is, the unnecessary tests and procedures ordered by
> physicians to protect themselves from malpractice suits.
> http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...19/ai_14984114
> (1999 article, so the figure is no doubt higher now)

I wonder what percentage of the money involved with research is used
for protection against the useless, childish indulgence of "ara" terrorism and
destruction. There is money being completely wasted, other than to protect
knowledge from a bunch of violent, selfish morons.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:26:57 GMT, chico chupacabra > wrote:

>Misterina wrote:
>

>> <dh@.> wrote in message
>> news

>> > I've thought of terrorism when I've thought of Ireland for
>> > as long as I can remember, because of terrorism I've heard
>> > about in Ireland.

>> > It's not my fault that I've heard about terrorism in Ireland.
>> > It's the fault of terrorists in Ireland. I don't even know why
>> > they do it...just that I've heard about it a number of times.

>Harrison is just a middle-aged redneck cocktail server living on a
>houseboat, trying to hook up with other guys on the lake. He doesn't
>understand the geography (e.g., Ireland or Northern Ireland) or the
>politics (e.g., whether the British or the Irish should rule Northern
>Ireland) or the religious issues underlying the questions at hand.

You're right. I have no idea, and have never even been curious
enough to look into it. I just remember hearing a lot about terrorism
in Ireland.

>> Oh my. You know what I heard about Japanese? You know what they say
>> about South Africans? Etc etc? David, YOU of all people. I did NOT
>> expect this from you.

>Why not? He's not exactly the first person you'd go running to with a
>question about global politics -- he should be about the last.

Agreed.

>> No matter how much I dislike you, even THIS is a new low for you.

>No, it isn't.

Usually I don't say anything much about human issues like that
Goo. In fact I'm more likely to try changing the subject back to
animals, after "aras" have changed it to something about humans.
Really I was just trying to annoy "pear" with that shit.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 07:42:28 +0200, "Misterina" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message news

>> >would
>> >

>> >I thought you were unbiased?

>> I've thought of terrorism when I've thought of Ireland for
>> as long as I can remember, because of terrorism I've heard
>> about in Ireland.
>>
>> >You judgmental ****.

>> It's not my fault that I've heard about terrorism in Ireland.
>> It's the fault of terrorists in Ireland. I don't even know why
>> they do it...just that I've heard about it a number of times.

>Oh my. You know what I heard about Japanese? You know what they say about
>South Africans? Etc etc? David, YOU of all people. I did NOT expect this
>from you. No matter how much I dislike you, even THIS is a new low for you.

Really I was trying to needle "pearl" and get her irritated. I was
trying to set her up, and then I'd lay on something really absurd...
I was going to say she must respect and accept my position
because:

1. men are inherently superior to women.
2. omnivores are inherently superior to vegetarians.
3. Americans are inherently superior to Irish

Not that I really believe all that, but was hoping it would result
in an amusing reaction from "pearl".

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:08:06 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote
>> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:06:17 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>>
>>>Are you doing this deliberately?

>> You claim that to consider their lives makes you feel dirty,
>> yet you're obviously ashamed of that lack of consideration
>> which you should be PROUD of, you moron. You just can't
>> agree with yourself about anything.

>Are you aware that you are equivocating on "consideration"? Yes or no. Is it
>unconscious? Do you understand what equivocation is? Don't get some
>dictionary definition and paste it in here, just answer from your own
>knowledge.

In this case, it's another desperate attempt for you "aras"
to persuade people that the lives of livestock should never
be given any consideration, so you're trying to pretend that
consideration for the lives of livestock, is somehow NOT
consideration for the lives of livestcok. You have failed
completely though, Dutchy.

While we're on the subject, let's you prove that again
you have no idea what you think, or why you disagree
with yourself. In the past you've said that considering the
lives of livestock makes you feel dirty. Does it still, or do
you now claim to have consideration for their lives, have
you any idea?
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:08:06 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote

>>> You claim that to consider their lives makes you feel dirty,
>>> yet you're obviously ashamed of that lack of consideration
>>> which you should be PROUD of, you moron. You just can't
>>> agree with yourself about anything.

>>Are you aware that you are equivocating on "consideration"? Yes or no. Is
>>it
>>unconscious? Do you understand what equivocation is? Don't get some
>>dictionary definition and paste it in here, just answer from your own
>>knowledge.

> In this case, it's another desperate attempt for you "aras"
> to persuade people that the lives of livestock should never
> be given any consideration, so you're trying to pretend that
> consideration for the lives of livestock, is somehow NOT
> consideration for the lives of livestcok. You have failed
> completely though, Dutchy.

Which meaning?

> While we're on the subject, let's you prove that again
> you have no idea what you think, or why you disagree
> with yourself. In the past you've said that considering the
> lives of livestock makes you feel dirty. Does it still, or do
> you now claim to have consideration for their lives, have
> you any idea?

That answers my question, I don't think you know you're doing it.

Consideration 1. thinking about and forming an opinion on something

Yes, I have considered the issue and formed an opinion, I don't agree with
your approach. "Considering what they get out of it" does not factor into
it.

Consideration 2. acting in an unselfish manner towards another

Yes, I try to act in an unselfish manner towards animals as much as
possible. "Considering what they get out of it" does not factor into it. The
unselfish consideration is "What we can do to improve their lives".

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

dh@. wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:26:57 GMT, chico chupacabra >
> wrote:
>
> >Misterina wrote:
> >

> >> <dh@.> wrote in message
> >> news > >> > On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 17:03:42 +0200, "Misterina"

> >Irish > > >"ara" would

> >Harrison is just a middle-aged redneck cocktail server living on a
> >houseboat, trying to hook up with other guys on the lake. He doesn't
> >understand the geography (e.g., Ireland or Northern Ireland) or the
> >politics (e.g., whether the British or the Irish should rule Northern
> >Ireland) or the religious issues underlying the questions at hand.

> You're right. I have no idea,

No kidding.

In Northern Ireland, ****wit.

> >> Oh my. You know what I heard about Japanese? You know what they say
> >> about South Africans? Etc etc? David, YOU of all people. I did NOT
> >> expect this from you.

> >Why not? He's not exactly the first person you'd go running to with a
> >question about global politics -- he should be about the last.

> Agreed.
>
> >> No matter how much I dislike you, even THIS is a new low for you.

> >No, it isn't.

> Usually I don't say anything much about human issues like that
> Goo. In fact I'm more likely to try changing the subject back to
> animals, after "aras" have changed it to something about humans.
> Really I was just trying to annoy "pear" with that shit.

And you've come off looking like a complete jackass in the process, as
usual.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:06:38 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

> dh challenged Dutchy:
>
>> While we're on the subject, let's you prove that again
>> you have no idea what you think, or why you disagree
>> with yourself. In the past you've said that considering the
>> lives of livestock makes you feel dirty. Does it still, or do
>> you now claim to have consideration for their lives, have
>> you any idea?

>That answers my question,

And that answers mine. You have proven again that you have
no idea what you think. Even though you claim that considering
the animals' lives makes you feel dirty, you still want to claim having
consideration for their lives, but you have no clue why you want to
and we can clearly see that doing so should make you ashamed.
Why do you want to claim that you do something that so obviously
should make you ashamed if you do it? Have you ANY idea?

>I don't think

My point exactly. You're afraid to, because it challenges the ethical
superiority of "ar". Duh!

>you know you're doing it.
>
>Consideration 1. thinking about and forming an opinion on something
>
>Yes, I have considered the issue and formed an opinion, I don't agree with
>your approach. "Considering what they get out of it" does not factor into
>it.

That's because the purity of your selfishness prevents you from
considering anything that works against what you consider to be
the most ethical possible approach, ie, "ar".

>Consideration 2. acting in an unselfish manner towards another
>
>Yes, I try to act in an unselfish manner towards animals as much as
>possible.

The purity of your selfishness prevents you from having the slightest
clue how to begin trying to, as I continue to point out because you
continue to demonstrate...

>"Considering what they get out of it" does not factor into it.

....like that.

>The unselfish consideration is "What we can do to improve their lives".

There's more than one thing to consider, but the purity of your selfishness
prevents you and all "aras" from considering anything you're afraid would
cost you imaginary moral browny points, REGARDLESS of human influence
on animals. That's why you won't accept the cds involved with rice production,
and that's why you won't consider the lives of billions of livestock when they
are of positive value.

Note to the retarded - the above refers to meaning 2 a:
1 b : a principle or force that is considered to underlie the
distinctive quality of animate beings

2 a : the sequence of physical and mental experiences that make
up the existence of an individual

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/life
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:06:38 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>
>> dh challenged Dutchy:
>>
>>> While we're on the subject, let's you prove that again
>>> you have no idea what you think, or why you disagree
>>> with yourself. In the past you've said that considering the
>>> lives of livestock makes you feel dirty. Does it still, or do
>>> you now claim to have consideration for their lives, have
>>> you any idea?

>>That answers my question,

> And that answers mine. You have proven again that you have
> no idea what you think. Even though you claim that considering
> the animals' lives makes you feel dirty, you still want to claim having
> consideration for their lives, but you have no clue why you want to
> and we can clearly see that doing so should make you ashamed.
> Why do you want to claim that you do something that so obviously
> should make you ashamed if you do it? Have you ANY idea?

Yep, there's that equivocation, the preceding paragraph is loaded with it.
You're a mess.

>>I don't think you know you're doing it.
>>

> My point exactly. You're afraid to, because it challenges the ethical
> superiority of "ar". Duh!

Do you know you're equivocating or not?

>>Consideration 1. thinking about and forming an opinion on something
>>
>>Yes, I have considered the issue and formed an opinion, I don't agree with
>>your approach. "Considering what they get out of it" does not factor into
>>it.

> That's because the purity of your selfishness prevents you from
> considering anything that works against what you consider to be
> the most ethical possible approach, ie, "ar".

Considering what the animals get out of it is not unselfishness, it's the
opposite.

>>Consideration 2. acting in an unselfish manner towards another
>>
>>Yes, I try to act in an unselfish manner towards animals as much as
>>possible.

> The purity of your selfishness prevents you from having the slightest
> clue how to begin trying to, as I continue to point out because you
> continue to demonstrate...
>
>>"Considering what they get out of it" does not factor into it.

> ...like that.

Considering what the animals get out of it is not unselfishness, it's the
opposite.

>>The unselfish consideration is "What we can do to improve their lives".

Right

> There's more than one thing to consider

There is NO decent reason to "consider what they get out of it". Doing so
only makes YOU feel better, it doesn't help any animal. "What we can do to
improve their lives" leads to providing better lives for animals.

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:55:31 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...
>> On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:06:38 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>>
>>> dh challenged Dutchy:

>>>That answers my question,

>> And that answers mine. You have proven again that you have
>> no idea what you think. Even though you claim that considering
>> the animals' lives makes you feel dirty, you still want to claim having
>> consideration for their lives, but you have no clue why you want to
>> and we can clearly see that doing so should make you ashamed.
>> Why do you want to claim that you do something that so obviously
>> should make you ashamed if you do it? Have you ANY idea?

>Yep,

No evidence of that yet, but if you really think you do, just try to
explain why Dutchy.

.. . .
>> The purity of your selfishness prevents you from having the slightest
>> clue how to begin trying to, as I continue to point out because you
>> continue to demonstrate...
>>
>>>"Considering what they get out of it" does not factor into it.

>> ...like that.

>Considering what the animals get out of it is not unselfishness, it's the
>opposite.

You could have no clue, because you can't do it at all BECAUSE OF
the purity of your selfishness. LOL...if you don't think it's because of the
purity of your selfishness that you can't consider what the animals gain,
why in the hell do YOU think you can't do it?

>>>The unselfish consideration is "What we can do to improve their lives".

>Right
>
>> There's more than one thing to consider

>There is NO decent reason to "consider what they get out of it". Doing so
>only makes YOU feel better, it doesn't help any animal. "What we can do to
>improve their lives" leads to providing better lives for animals.

We can't do that without considering the animals' lives as I continue to
point out, meaning that YOU can't do it Dutchy. The idea that someone
like you would pay MORE money for cage free eggs in order to contribute
to decent lives for laying hens, when you can't consider their lives or what
they get out of it, is completely absurd. ONLY considerate consumers would
do that, not people like you. People like you at "best" would only lie and say
you do because you've heard that will get you extra browny points, but a
person as inconsiderate as you claim to be would never cough up any
EXTRA money to contribute to something you won't even consider because
you think it's irrelevant, and it makes you feel dirty. Duh.

One of the things that exposes you most clearly as an "ara", IS your
inconsideration. In fact it goes beyond inconsideration. You "aras" can't
understand this because it goes so extremely against what you're able
to think about, but NO ONE in favor of decent AW would have ANY
reason to be opposed to people considering the animals' lives. That is
easily understood by people who support decent AW, but incomprehensible
for those of you who support "ar". So even though you and Goo expose
your "ar" beliefs simply BY opposing consideration of the animals, you "aras"
in your stupidity and ignorance can't understand that you're doing it.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:55:31 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

>>> Why do you want to claim that you do something that so obviously
>>> should make you ashamed if you do it? Have you ANY idea?

>>Yep,

> No evidence of that yet,

There's evidence of your constant equivocations in every single post you
make.

[..]

>>There is NO decent reason to "consider what they get out of it". Doing so
>>only makes YOU feel better, it doesn't help any animal. "What we can do to
>>improve their lives" leads to providing better lives for animals.

> We can't do that without considering the animals' lives

We consider their lives automatically when we consider "What we can do to
improve their lives". Anything beyond that is self-serving. Your cheesy
transparent equivocating and strawmen are not going to get anyone to accept
The Logic of the Larder, certainly not me.

<snip drivel>

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:54:12 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>>Yep,

>> No evidence of that yet,

>There's evidence

LOL!!! There is not, you poor moron.

[..]

>>>There is NO decent reason to "consider what they get out of it". Doing so
>>>only makes YOU feel better, it doesn't help any animal. "What we can do to
>>>improve their lives" leads to providing better lives for animals.

>> We can't do that without considering the animals' lives

>We consider their lives

No Dink. People in favor of decent AW do. You don't, because trying to
makes you feel dirty.
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:54:12 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>> No evidence of that yet,

>>There's evidence of your constant equivocations in every single post you
>>make.

> LOL!!! There is not, you poor moron.

See below

> [..]

>>> We can't do that without considering the animals' lives

>>We consider their lives

> No Dink. People in favor of decent AW do. You don't, because trying to
> makes you feel dirty.

There's that same equivocation <yawn>

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:45:14 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

Why do you want to then?
Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 13:45:14 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:
>

>><dh@.> wrote in message ...

m...

> Why do you want to then?

The question is, do you understand what an equivocation is and do you
realize that your whole position is based on them?

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:04:22 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

om...

>> Why do you want to then?

>The question is

The question STILL is: Why do you want to then?