Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default The Vegan Diet

You find out how many calories your suppose to eat to maintain your desired
weight. Then you subtract 20% from that total and now you how your calorie
intake for good health as long as you keep a healthy diet. My question is,
from strictly a health point. What's wrong with eating 3 oz. of fish or
chicken per day? Of course you don't eat the skin off of the chicken and you
don't deep fry the fish. I'm just trying to learn because I'm a somewhat a
newbie. I also know it is 99% impossible to actually maintain a 100% vegan
diet for an American. I'm just trying to use common since. Please no hard
core criticism, I'm just trying to educate myself.

Thank you
Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan

it is?

and why not?

eat as you wish.

people should eat what works best for them.

Richard Miller wrote:
> You find out how many calories your suppose to eat to maintain your desired
> weight. Then you subtract 20% from that total and now you how your calorie
> intake for good health as long as you keep a healthy diet. My question is,
> from strictly a health point. What's wrong with eating 3 oz. of fish or
> chicken per day? Of course you don't eat the skin off of the chicken and you
> don't deep fry the fish. I'm just trying to learn because I'm a somewhat a
> newbie. I also know it is 99% impossible to actually maintain a 100% vegan
> diet for an American. I'm just trying to use common since. Please no hard
> core criticism, I'm just trying to educate myself.
>
> Thank you
> Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.food

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 07:56:46 -0700, "Richard Miller" > wrote:

>You find out how many calories your suppose to eat to maintain your desired
>weight. Then you subtract 20% from that total and now you how your calorie
>intake for good health as long as you keep a healthy diet. My question is,
>from strictly a health point. What's wrong with eating 3 oz. of fish or
>chicken per day?

Nothing. It's probably good for you.

>Of course you don't eat the skin off of the chicken and you
>don't deep fry the fish. I'm just trying to learn because I'm a somewhat a
>newbie. I also know it is 99% impossible to actually maintain a 100% vegan
>diet for an American.

And it's completely impossible not to contribute to things
containing animal ingredients.

>I'm just trying to use common since. Please no hard
>core criticism, I'm just trying to educate myself.

Veganism isn't about health. People don't pretend to avoid
all things containing animal ingredients simply for their health.
People only choose veganism for supposedly ethical reasons,
not health reasons. If you're just worried about your health
there's certainly no reason for you to try to be vegan or even
pretend to be. In fact, there's no reason at all for you to try or
pretend to be any sort of vegetarian at all, much less vegan.
· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

vegan diet recommendations? Dale[_2_] Vegan 11 11-09-2013 02:14 PM
How do you maintain the vegan diet? [email protected] Vegan 29 11-06-2008 07:08 PM
Thinking about going on a vegan diet. yaj Vegan 7 06-12-2005 01:27 AM
vegan diabetic diet? Nicolaas Vegan 3 25-02-2005 05:27 PM
Please help with starting raw vegan diet Ann Vegan 13 07-06-2004 08:06 PM