FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Where's everybody gone? (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/96820-wheres-everybody-gone.html)

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:26 PM

Where's everybody gone?

"Leif Erikson" > wrote in message ink.net...

> pearl wrote:

> > I have said it is a perversion numerous times. That is condemnation.

> No, it isn't. It isn't making any moral judgment about
> it at all. Calling it a perversion is merely observing
> that it's different from the norm.

No it isn't.

'Perversion, or perverse behavior, differs from deviant behavior,
which describes a recognized violation of social rules or norms
(though the two terms can apply to the same behavior).

[..] In the present day, the term most often refers to "sexual
perversions", more neutrally called paraphilias, many of which
can contribute to sex crimes. The term, in a general sense, is
most often applied to the more abnormal or disturbed types of
sexual behavior, mainly those involving compulsion and coercion.
...'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perversion

Abnormal or disturbed ... involving compulsion and coercion
applies to you, ball. Why do you defend the rape of children?

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:32 PM

Where's everybody gone?

"Leif Erikson" > lied in message ink.net...

pearl wrote:

> >>It doesn't.

> > It most certainly does.

> It most certainly does *NOT*.

Liar.

Glorfindel 02-08-2006 07:35 PM

Where's everybody gone?

pearl wrote:

> "chico chupacabra" > wrote in message ...

<snip>

>>> I told you back then that I think it is a perversion.

>>Yet you've never categorically condemned it

> condemnation
> 1. an expression of strong disapproval; pronouncing
> as wrong or morally culpable
> http://www.answers.com/condemnation&r=67

>>the same way you have eating meat. Why is that,
>>Why do you find it wrong to eat an animal's flesh but permissible
>>to sexually abuse it?

> Because it might not cause harm or distress as meat eating does.

>>>Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question.

>>You keep confirming the fact that you're pro-bestiality.

> No. You just keep intentionally mis-interpreting what I'm saying.

*Intentionally* is the key word. He knows you condemn it; he
just wants to annoy you by pretending he doesn't.

The thing is that few, or no, AR supporters *categorically* condemn
meat *eating*. Most would agree that it is morally permissible
to eat an animal that died naturally of old age or in an accident
(e.g. -- roadkill you did not cause). What AR supporters categorically
condem is the processes involved in producing meat, especially
commercially sold meat. It is the abuse, suffering, hampering of
normal behavior, killing, that AR supporters condemn. It is exactly
the same with the issue of sexual abuse of animals by humans.

Having been a vegetarian for over 20 years, I would gag at the
thought of eating any meat, even roadkill. But I would not want
to pass a law forbidding people to eat roadkill or use it to feed
carnivores who are being rehabilitated in a wildlife facility.
Similarly, Pearl is revolted by the thought of sexual activity with
a non-human under any circumstances. But to support a *law* or
a *categorical* condemnation would have to depend on showing that
the animal involved was not (for example) one imprinted on humans
for whom mating behavior with a willing human would not be distressing.
What we condemn is harm or distress caused to an animal, or deliberate
warping of an animal's natural behavior through intentional
conditioning for the benefit of humans.

But undoubtedly this concept is too difficult for you to understand --
or you will pretend it is.

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:37 PM

Where's everybody gone?

<dh@.> wrote in message ...
> On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:45:36 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:
>
> >"chico chupacabra" > wrote in message ...
> >
> >> Chelsea foot-rubbing harlot wrote:

> >Lies # 1, 2 and 3.

> Are you saying that:
>
> 1. you're not from Chelsea?

lol! No, I'm not.

> 2. you've never engage in foot rubbing?

No, I don't 'rub feet'.

> 3. you're not a harlot?

Absolutely not.

<..>

> >> Uh huh. You failed out of engineering school and ended up learning
> >> "reflexology" from new age hippie conmen:

> >Lie #4. - and 5.
> >
> >> I am a qualified Reflexologist and received my training in
> >> London.
> >> http://tinyurl.com/mh7a

> Are you saying that:
>
> 1. Goo lied and you never made that quote?

No.

> 2. you made the quote but were lying when you made it?

No.

Try again.

> >> Reflexology is pseudoscience:
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexo...cientific_view
> >>

> >BULLSHIT

> Are you saying Goo is correct in claiming that you believe
> in reflexology, regardless of whether you've been trained in
> it or not?

It's not a matter of belief. It is a scientifically-validated therapy.

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:41 PM

Where's everybody gone?

pervert "Leif Erikson" > lied in message ink.net...

pearl wrote:

> >>Then you spent the next two years saying it was the
> >>private business of people.

> > No,

> Yes.

Cite?

> > you spent the next two years telling people I "believe in" it.

> Because, by your condoning it, you *do* believe in it.

And you're STILL LYING.

> >>You're inconsistent.

> > It's your business if you want to sit in front of your computer all day,

every day, in your deluded state wanking off at what you consider to
be 'clever' comments replying to your own fabricated strawmen - it is
deeply immoral and very disturbing, but as I said- that's your shoddy
business, perverse as it is. Just keep it to yourself- we don't want it.

> Right.

Don't forget it.

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:42 PM

Where's everybody gone?

pearl wrote:

> > http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

> There are no legitimate clinical studies

All of the abstracts on that page are from legitimate studies.

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:43 PM

Where's everybody gone?

"Leif Erikson" > lied in message k.net...

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:44 PM

Where's everybody gone?

pearl[_1_] 02-08-2006 07:59 PM

Where's everybody gone?

"Glorfindel" > wrote in message ...
> pearl wrote:
>
> > "chico chupacabra" > wrote in message ...

> <snip>

> >>Yet you've never categorically condemned it

> > condemnation
> > 1. an expression of strong disapproval; pronouncing
> > as wrong or morally culpable
> > http://www.answers.com/condemnation&r=67

> >>the same way you have eating meat. Why is that,
> >>Why do you find it wrong to eat an animal's flesh but permissible
> >>to sexually abuse it?

> > Because it might not cause harm or distress as meat eating does.

> >>You keep confirming the fact that you're pro-bestiality.

> > No. You just keep intentionally mis-interpreting what I'm saying.

> *Intentionally* is the key word. He knows you condemn it; he
> just wants to annoy you by pretending he doesn't.

He/they have always known that. They just want to use it to
try to discredit me. Of course annoyance for them is a plus.

> The thing is that few, or no, AR supporters *categorically* condemn
> meat *eating*. Most would agree that it is morally permissible
> to eat an animal that died naturally of old age or in an accident
> (e.g. -- roadkill you did not cause).

Referring to the meat that lot eat. They're not chewing on roadkill.

Leif Erikson 02-08-2006 08:01 PM

Where's everybody gone?

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> "Leif Erikson" > lied in message ink.net...
>
> lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

>>>It most certainly does.

>>It most certainly does *NOT*.

> Liar.

No. Foot massage does *not* work to cure any real
medical ailment.

>>>http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

This is the site of a lobbying organization for foot
massagers. They have no credibility.

There are no legitimate clinical studies that show
*any* directly therapeutic effect of foot rubbing for
any medical ailment. At best, foot massage has a
palliative effect on the fraud victim's mental state.

Leif Erikson 02-08-2006 08:05 PM

Where's everybody gone?

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> <dh@.> wrote in message ...

>>>Lies # 1, 2 and 3.

>> Are you saying that:
>>
>>1. you're not from Chelsea?

> lol! No, I'm not.

You're not *from* Chelsea; you were *a* Chelsea. For
****wit's benefit, that's a British slang term for the
very short hair style favored by female skinheads.

>>2. you've never engage in foot rubbing?

> No, I don't 'rub feet'.

Yes, you do. That's *all* "reflexology" is. It's just
foot massage; nothing more. There is no science, no
theory behind it. It's just a pleasant-feeling foot
massage.

>>3. you're not a harlot?

> Absolutely not.

Absolutely you *are*.

>>>Lie #4. - and 5.

>> Are you saying that:
>>
>>1. Leif lied and you never made that quote?

> No.
>

>>2. you made the quote but were lying when you made it?

> No.
>
> Try again.

You were condoning bestiality.

>>>BULLSHIT

>> Are you saying Leif is correct in claiming that you believe
>>in reflexology, regardless of whether you've been trained in
>>it or not?

> It's not a matter of belief. It is a scientifically-validated therapy.

It is a scientifically WORTHLESS bit of quackery.
There is ZERO scientific validation for foot massage,
aka "reflexology". It's bullshit.

Leif Erikson 02-08-2006 08:07 PM

Where's everybody gone?

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> "Leif Erikson" > wrote:
>
> lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

>>>No,

>>Yes.

> Cite?

It has been given several times in the last few days.

>>>you spent the next two years telling people I "believe in" it.

>>Because, by your condoning it, you *do* believe in it.

> And you're STILL

....correctly pointing out that you believe in it, based
on your condoning it.

>>>It's your business if you want to sit in front of your computer all day,

>>Right. Don't forget it.

It looks as if you may have forgotten it for a bit.
I'm happy to remind you: it's my business if I spend a
few minutes identifying you as a born liar.

Leif Erikson 02-08-2006 08:07 PM

Where's everybody gone?

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message ink.net...
>
> lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:
>

>>>http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

>>There are no legitimate clinical studies

> All of the abstracts on that page are

Bullshit. They are *not* from any legitimate clinical
studies.

Leif Erikson 02-08-2006 08:08 PM

Where's everybody gone?

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message k.net...
>

>>>[snip

>>>http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

>>There are no legitimate clinical studies

> All of the abstracts on that page are

Bullshit. They're bullshit. NO legitimate clinical
studies have been done that show any verifiable
therapeutic result from foot massage.

Leif Erikson 02-08-2006 08:09 PM

Where's everybody gone?

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> "Leif Erikson" > wrote in message ink.net...
>
> lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

>>>It most certainly does.

>>It most certainly does *NOT*.

> Liar.

No, it just doesn't work.

>>>http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

A bullshit lobbying organization for quacks.

Misterina 03-08-2006 08:50 AM

Where's everybody gone?

> The thing is that few, or no, AR supporters *categorically* condemn
> meat *eating*. Most would agree that it is morally permissible
> to eat an animal that died naturally of old age or in an accident
> (e.g. -- roadkill you did not cause). What AR supporters categorically
> condem is the processes involved in producing meat, especially
> commercially sold meat. It is the abuse, suffering, hampering of
> normal behavior, killing, that AR supporters condemn. It is exactly
> the same with the issue of sexual abuse of animals by humans.

I just categorically don't eat anything that had a mother. Or eyes. Or
brains. Like EUGH!! So here we go, how about this:

Hi. My name is Misterina. I *categorically* condemn meat *eating*.

*grin*

> Having been a vegetarian for over 20 years, I would gag at the
> thought of eating any meat, even roadkill. But I would not want
> to pass a law forbidding people to eat roadkill or use it to feed
> carnivores who are being rehabilitated in a wildlife facility.
> Similarly, Pearl is revolted by the thought of sexual activity with
> a non-human under any circumstances.

Is THAT what is happening? I was confused for a moment there. I thought
those other ones *points* were saying she DOES support this kind of
activity. Pearl I ALMOST lost faith in you there ;) I figured that was a bit
of an odd thing to condone...

> But undoubtedly this concept is too difficult for you to understand --
> or you will pretend it is.

Either way, quite a shame that, isn't it just! Wasting away one's god given
blessings in such a manner *tsk.tsk* :))

[email protected] 03-08-2006 10:25 AM

Where's everybody gone?

Leif Erikson wrote:
> lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:
>
> > "Leif Erikson" > lied in message ink.net...
> >
> > lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> No. Foot massage does *not* work to cure any real
> medical ailment.

> This is the site of a lobbying organization for foot
> massagers. They have no credibility.
>
> There are no legitimate clinical studies that show
> *any* directly therapeutic effect of foot rubbing for
> any medical ailment. At best, foot massage has a
> palliative effect on the fraud victim's mental state.

Those last two sentences are contradictory.

If a placebo can show direct therapeutic effect, and they often do, I'm
sure a foot massage would be that much better.

chico chupacabra 03-08-2006 01:44 PM

Where's everybody gone?

foot-rubbing pro-bestiality pervert in Eire wrote:

>>>Of course it is condemnation.

>>You wrote yesterday, "Whether I think there should be a law against
>>it is another question." That CONDONES it, it doesn't condemn it.

> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

That isn't quite true. The Supreme Court tossed out our deviant sex
statute a few years ago in the Lawrence decision. Our legislature has
revisited the issue, but legislation here tends to move slowly since the
legislature meets only biannually (and in special sessions when called
by the Governor).

With respect to the Lawrence decision, Justice Scalia wrote in his
dissent, "This effectively decrees the end of all morals legislation.
State laws against bigamy, same-sex marriage, adult incest,
prostitution, masturbation, adultery, fornication, bestiality, and
obscenity are likewise sustainable only in light of Bowers' validation
of laws based on moral choices. Every single one of these laws is called
in to question by today's decision."

Still, we do have laws which address bestiality. See §43.21.1.B.i and
§43.25.2:
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statu....000043.00.htm

> Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

They do. Why don't you?

> I wrote over two years ago that I think it is a perversion, and I do.

All that time to reach a conclusion and you're up in the air about it
still, and feel ambiguous enough about it to let people do it in the
privacy of their homes.

>>>condemnation
>>>1. an expression of strong disapproval; pronouncing
>>>as wrong or morally culpable

>>Yet you still find it in your heart to condone it: "Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."

> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

See above, dummy.

>>>No I don't.

>>I. You offer qualified objections to it:
>> *As long as the feelings are mutual*,
>> and there's *no coercion or force involved,* why
>> should you be concerned? Personally, I have no
>> problem with people's personal choices *as long as
>> they don't harm or cause distress to another*- be it
>> human or animal. [emphasis in original]
>> lesley ("liesley") - http://tinyurl.com/dwzj7
>>
>>II. You've condoned it as a matter of privacy:
>>"What people do in the privacy of their own home may be sick as hell, but as long as they're not harming or causing distress to
>> another - that's their business."

> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

See above.

> Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

Our legislature won't meet again until next year. As our state
constitution requires, they meet once every two years for a period of
about a couple months and only in special sessions as the Governor calls
them.

>>III. You've further stated that you'd even oppose laws against it:
>>"Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."

> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

See above. We have laws which outlaw depictions of bestiality and the US
Supreme Court struck down our deviant sex statute in the Lawrence decision.

> Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

They do. Why don't you, Ms ARA Freak?

What do you find particularly "responsible" about humans ****ing animals?

>>>And, like many, I don't believe that I've
>>>the right to interfere with others' choices

>>Unless they want to EAT an animal instead of **** it. You have a perverted sense of right and wrong, pervert.

> Unless it causes harm and distress

Then you better not give your genital warts and Herpes to your rooster.

Glorfindel 03-08-2006 01:46 PM

Where's everybody gone?

Misterina wrote:

>>The thing is that few, or no, AR supporters *categorically* condemn
>>meat *eating*. Most would agree that it is morally permissible
>>to eat an animal that died naturally of old age or in an accident
>>(e.g. -- roadkill you did not cause). What AR supporters categorically
>>condem is the processes involved in producing meat, especially
>>commercially sold meat. It is the abuse, suffering, hampering of
>>normal behavior, killing, that AR supporters condemn. It is exactly
>>the same with the issue of sexual abuse of animals by humans.

> I just categorically don't eat anything that had a mother. Or eyes. Or
> brains. Like EUGH!! So here we go, how about this:

> Hi. My name is Misterina. I *categorically* condemn meat *eating*.

O.K. In the case of virtually all meat available to us today, this
is reasonable. Could you explain why? Do you condemn it as morally
wrong? Or do you just find it disgusting and
revolting? Is it the eating of meat you condemn, or the way the
living animal was treated before he/she became meat?

<snip>

>>Pearl is revolted by the thought of sexual activity with
>>a non-human under any circumstances.

> Is THAT what is happening? I was confused for a moment there. I thought
> those other ones *points* were saying she DOES support this kind of
> activity.

Yes, that is what he is trying to get you to think. It's a
sleazy and dishonest tactic he tries on all his opponents.

<snip>

chico chupacabra 03-08-2006 01:55 PM

Where's everybody gone?

Misterina wrote:
>>It *doesn't* "work" as its scammers suggest. Reflexology's benefits don't

> extend beyond palliative results, like reducing stress or in the treatment
> of psychosomatic issues for which there's no underlying health problem to
> treat. While stress reduction *is* important, that's a much lower hurdle to
> clear than the "cure-all" nonsense its advocates claim for it. Reflexology
> has failed to live up to its hype in every double-blind study to which it's
> been subjected. Every single one.
>

> Again, I am not arguing with you about its merits.

Yes, you are.

> You did not answer my question:

Yes, I did.

> what happens IF and WHEN it works?

It doesn't.

> What would you say to someone like me,

I would say, "You're very gullible and prone to accepting (and
providing) anecdotes rather than science."

> who had severe whiplash (and I mean SEVERE) and one half an hour of
> reflexology cured what conventional doctors could not?

As I stated, it's benefits are palliative and tend to "work" for people
with psychosomatic complaints. Thirty-****ing-minutes of foot massage
isn't going to cause systemic changes to your body aside from maybe
helping you relax. While you're providing anecdotes, give it credit for
"curing" your diabetes, gout, dyspepsia, poor eyesight, and every other
malady.

> I can give you the case history should you require that.

It's still *anecdotal*, dummy. When put to double blind study,
reflexology and other "alternative medicine" (oxymoronic) do not deliver
on their promises. I provided you with links. Did you read them to see
if there's any science behind your anecote or are you so closed-minded
that you refuse to look?

> In al curiosity, what if and when?

It doesn't. The only benefits are palliative; reflexology does nothing
systemically beyond helping people relax. So, too, do other non-touch
therapies:

LAUGHTER
http://tinyurl.com/e2mn
http://tinyurl.com/e2mv

MUSIC
http://tinyurl.com/e2nb
http://tinyurl.com/e2nf

ANIMALS/PETS
http://tinyurl.com/e2nn
http://tinyurl.com/e2ns

How do YOU explain that laughing hysterically, listening to soothing
music, and contact with small animals produces the same, or BETTER,
results as foot massage?

chico chupacabra 03-08-2006 02:03 PM

Where's everybody gone?

lesLIE continued her defense of bestiality:

>>I'm not so sure animals get off, so to speak, on being sexually assaulted by humans or even by being conditioned to be receptive
>>to sexual assault.

> You don't know that, and neither do I. You excuse it when it serves your needs.

No, I don't. Why do you continue to defend those who engage in
bestiality in the same breath you call it a perversion? Answer: because
you're disingenuous about calling it a perversion; otherwise, you would
categorically say it's wrong rather than engaging in ambiguities about
whether it should be legal, how "wrong" it is, and whether or not it's
beneficial.

>>>No.

>>Yes.

> No.

Yes.

>>I. You offer only qualified objections to it:

> I have stated that it is a perversion. That is condemnation.

No, and you continue to condone it as if you're some kind of libertarian
(you're not: you're reflexively authoritarian) and you're ambiguous
about just how "wrong" it might be (suggesting others don't know if it's
good or bad for animals).

>> *As long as the feelings are mutual*,
>> and there's *no coercion or force involved,* why
>> should you be concerned? Personally, I have no
>> problem with people's personal choices *as long as
>> they don't harm or cause distress to another*- be it
>> human or animal. [emphasis in original]
>> lesley ("liesley") - http://tinyurl.com/dwzj7
>>
>>II. You've condoned it as a matter of privacy:

> I have stated that it is a perversion. That is condemnation.

No, you condone it:

>>"What people do in the privacy of their own home may be sick as hell, but as long as they're not harming or causing distress to
>> another - that's their business."

> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

The Supreme Court struck it down.

> Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

We have other laws that address the issue, and perhaps we'll find a way
to get around the Lawrence decision.

>>III. You've further stated that you'd even oppose laws against it:
>>"Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."

> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

No, but apparently a majority of the US Supreme Court does.

>>Whose side are you on, Lesley? The animal ****ers' side.

> On the side of responsible freedom of choice.

What's responsible about sexually assaulting animals, LesLIE? Do your
clients know you support their right to **** sheep?

Leif Erikson[_1_] 03-08-2006 03:47 PM

Where's everybody gone?

Misterina wrote:
>>>What happens if and when it works?

>>It doesn't.

> Dude, seriously - that does so not answer the question now, does it?

Yes, it does. "reflexology" doesn't work, as far as
therapeutic results for legitimate medical ailments.
It may make the fraud victim feel a little more relaxed
- foot massage feels nice - but it cannot "cure" anything.

Leif Erikson[_1_] 03-08-2006 03:52 PM

Where's everybody gone?

Misterina wrote:

>>No. Foot massage does *not* work to cure any real
>>medical ailment.

> Hang on hang on... isn't stress a real medical ailment by the way?

The charlatans/fraudsters who promote "reflexology" as
a medical therapy claim it can provide a major
therapeutic effect against all kinds of serious
illnesses. It's bullshit.

Leif Erikson[_1_] 03-08-2006 03:53 PM

Where's everybody gone?

Misterina wrote:

>>The thing is that few, or no, AR supporters *categorically* condemn
>>meat *eating*. Most would agree that it is morally permissible
>>to eat an animal that died naturally of old age or in an accident
>>(e.g. -- roadkill you did not cause). What AR supporters categorically
>>condem is the processes involved in producing meat, especially
>>commercially sold meat. It is the abuse, suffering, hampering of
>>normal behavior, killing, that AR supporters condemn. It is exactly
>>the same with the issue of sexual abuse of animals by humans.
>>

> I just categorically don't eat anything that had a mother. Or eyes. Or
> brains. Like EUGH!! So here we go, how about this:
>
> Hi. My name is Misterina. I *categorically* condemn meat *eating*.
>
> *grin*

Why is it that, having seen you embrace and promote
foot massage as a therapeutic cure-all, I'm not
surprised to see you emerge as a crackpot air-head "vegan"?

chico chupacabra 03-08-2006 04:51 PM

Where's everybody gone?

gullible, befuddled Misterina wrote:

>>>What happens if and when it works?

>>It doesn't.

> Dude, seriously - that does so not answer the question now, does it?

Yes, it does.

> Can you read?

Apparently well enough to answer your question. As I stated the first
time through, reflexology *doesn't* "work" as its scammers suggest.
Reflexology's benefits don't extend beyond palliative results, like
reducing stress or in the treatment of psychosomatic issues for which
there's no underlying health problem to treat. While stress reduction
*is* important, that's a much lower hurdle to clear than the "cure-all"
nonsense its advocates claim for it. Reflexology has failed to live up
to its hype in every double-blind study to which it's been subjected.
Every single one.

http://skepdic.com/reflex.html
http://mtrsn.burtcom.homeip.net/sfaq_004.htm
http://skepdic.com/comments/reflexcom.html
http://www.ncahf.org/articles/o-r/reflexology.html

Etc.

The best you can offer is anecdotal evidence. When put to a double blind
study, reflexology will fail every time because it's based on
superstition and pseudoscience. Alas, I realize that doesn't stop
uninformed and gullible people from believing in its powers. There will
always be some idiots among us. Thanks for standing up to be counted
among them.

chico chupacabra 03-08-2006 05:02 PM

Where's everybody gone?

Misterina wrote:

>>No. Foot massage does *not* work to cure any real
>>medical ailment.

> Hang on hang on...

Why are you echoing yourself, you emotive twit?

> isn't stress a real medical ailment by the way?

No. Stress is not an ailment. "Stress" is an emotional or psychological
state. It's cumulative, though certain stimuli can trigger it acutely.
It can affect physical conditions, but it's not an ailment in and of
itself as you suggest. Studies have shown that stress can be very
beneficial, e.g., the first of the next two links.

http://www.aphroditewomenshealth.com...lth_news.shtml
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=20104

> Because I can tell you one thing for freaking sure man -

You can tell me whatever you want; that doesn't make it true. LesLIE,
the reflexologist whose case you're NOT making with your anecdote, also
believes the earth is hollow and filled with little green men who are
hiding from the government and that the government is trying to silence
her by spraying her with "chemtrails." Neither of which is true, but
she's written about and attempted to defend such beliefs in these groups.

> someone massaging and rubbing
> my tootsies, gets me more than just destressed! *grin*

TMI. Go away.

Misterina 03-08-2006 05:03 PM

Where's everybody gone?

> Apparently well enough to answer your question. As I stated the first
> time through, reflexology *doesn't* "work" as its scammers suggest.
> Reflexology's benefits don't extend beyond palliative results, like
> reducing stress or in the treatment of psychosomatic issues for which
> there's no underlying health problem to treat. While stress reduction
> *is* important, that's a much lower hurdle to clear than the "cure-all"
> nonsense its advocates claim for it. Reflexology has failed to live up
> to its hype in every double-blind study to which it's been subjected.
> Every single one.
>
> http://skepdic.com/reflex.html
> http://mtrsn.burtcom.homeip.net/sfaq_004.htm
> http://skepdic.com/comments/reflexcom.html
> http://www.ncahf.org/articles/o-r/reflexology.html
>
> Etc.
>
> The best you can offer is anecdotal evidence. When put to a double blind
> study, reflexology will fail every time because it's based on
> superstition and pseudoscience. Alas, I realize that doesn't stop
> uninformed and gullible people from believing in its powers. There will
> always be some idiots among us. Thanks for standing up to be counted
> among them.

You don't have one original thought do you. Who ORIGINALLY mentioned
"palliative results"? You?

chico chupacabra 03-08-2006 05:06 PM

Where's everybody gone?

wrote:
> Leif Erikson wrote:
>
>>lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:
>>

>>>"Leif Erikson" > lied in message ink.net...
>>>
>>>lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

>>No. Foot massage does *not* work to cure any real
>>medical ailment.

http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

>>This is the site of a lobbying organization for foot
>>massagers. They have no credibility.
>>
>>There are no legitimate clinical studies that show
>>*any* directly therapeutic effect of foot rubbing for
>>any medical ailment. At best, foot massage has a
>>palliative effect on the fraud victim's mental state.
>>

> Those last two sentences are contradictory.

No, shev, they aren't. Palliative benefits from touch therapies like
massage (back, feet, whatever) may make it easier to live with
migraines, but they don't cure migraines.

> If a placebo can show direct therapeutic effect, and they often do, I'm
> sure a foot massage would be that much better.

No better than music, laughter, or pets:
LAUGHTER
http://tinyurl.com/e2mn
http://tinyurl.com/e2mv

MUSIC
http://tinyurl.com/e2nb
http://tinyurl.com/e2nf

ANIMALS/PETS
http://tinyurl.com/e2nn
http://tinyurl.com/e2ns

dh@. 03-08-2006 05:09 PM

Where's everybody gone?

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 19:05:23 GMT, Leif Erikson > wrote:

>lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:
>
>> <dh@.> wrote in message ...
>>
>>>On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 17:45:36 +0100, lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

>>> Are you saying that:
>>>
>>>1. you're not from Chelsea?

>> lol! No, I'm not.

>You're not *from* Chelsea; you were *a* Chelsea. For
>****wit's benefit, that's a British slang term for the
>very short hair style favored by female skinheads.

Thanks Goo. She doesn't seem very proud of that
one for some reason.

[...]
>You were condoning bestiality.

Not this time, but things she's written suggest she
thinks it's okay as long as the animals don't mind.

dh@. 03-08-2006 05:11 PM

Where's everybody gone?

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 19:37:35 +0100, "pearl" > wrote:

><dh@.> wrote in message ...

>> >Lies # 1, 2 and 3.

>> Are you saying that:
>>
>> 1. you're not from Chelsea?

>lol! No, I'm not.

It appears you're not proud of being one either.

>> 2. you've never engage in foot rubbing?

>No, I don't 'rub feet'.
>
>> 3. you're not a harlot?

>Absolutely not.

Not any more?

>> >Lie #4. - and 5.

>> Are you saying that:
>>
>> 1. Goo lied and you never made that quote?

>No.
>
>> 2. you made the quote but were lying when you made it?

>No.
>
>Try again.

You were doing fine in engineering school, but gave it up
to pursue reflexology taught by new age hippies who you don't
believe were conmen?

>> >BULLSHIT

>> Are you saying Goo is correct in claiming that you believe
>> in reflexology, regardless of whether you've been trained in
>> it or not?

>It's not a matter of belief. It is a scientifically-validated therapy.

Maybe to some extent. From what little I've looked into it, it
appears to be similar to a lame version of acupuncture. Whether
it's of any value or not, it certainly appears to involve the rubbing
of feet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexology_chart

dh@. 03-08-2006 05:17 PM

Where's everybody gone?

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:40:22 +0200, "Misterina" > wrote:

>> Yes "they"--and probably as many more--are the same
>> desperate and contemptible poster.

>Wow, that explains a lot actually! Multiple personality disorder to boot
>dh@? :)

Goo's dishonesty, stupidity, ignorance, rudeness, inconsideration
and mental illness all mix together in a way that even Goo probably
remains in a constant state of confusion as to who all he thinks he
is, and what he thinks he believes, etc. For example: Something that
the Goober insisted is one of "the real complaints of "vegans" regarding
human use of animals", is his insistence that: "no matter how "decent"
the conditions are, the deliberate killing of the animals erases all of it."
Later, Goo claimed to think he disagreed with himself about it though
amusingly he could never explain how he thought he did. More recently,
Goo has reverted back to agreeing with himself about it again. This poor
Goober is so bewildered and disturbed that he doesn't know what he
thinks he thinks, much less does he have a clue how to back it up or
even try to.

dh@. 03-08-2006 06:13 PM

Where's everybody gone?

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 09:50:53 +0200, "Misterina" > wrote:

>> The thing is that few, or no, AR supporters *categorically* condemn
>> meat *eating*. Most would agree that it is morally permissible
>> to eat an animal that died naturally of old age or in an accident
>> (e.g. -- roadkill you did not cause). What AR supporters categorically
>> condem is the processes involved in producing meat, especially
>> commercially sold meat. It is the abuse, suffering, hampering of
>> normal behavior, killing, that AR supporters condemn. It is exactly
>> the same with the issue of sexual abuse of animals by humans.
>>

>I just categorically don't eat anything that had a mother. Or eyes. Or
>brains. Like EUGH!! So here we go, how about this:
>
>Hi. My name is Misterina. I *categorically* condemn meat *eating*.

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised

Leif Erikson[_2_] 03-08-2006 07:06 PM

Where's everybody gone?

****wit David Harrison, *clueless* ignorant lying goober cracker,
cluelessly lied:

> On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 19:05:23 GMT, Leif Erikson > wrote:
>
> >lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

> >> lol! No, I'm not.

> >You're not *from* Chelsea; you were *a* Chelsea. For
> >****wit's benefit, that's a British slang term for the
> >very short hair style favored by female skinheads.

> Thanks Leif. She doesn't seem very proud of that
> one for some reason.

It's morally equivalent to being a lying goober cracker by choice.

> >You were condoning bestiality.

> Not this time, but things she's written suggest she
> thinks it's okay as long as the animals don't mind.

She condones bestiality, period.

Glorfindel 03-08-2006 07:23 PM

Where's everybody gone?

chico chupacabra wrote:

<snip>

>> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

> No, but apparently a majority of the US Supreme Court does.

<snip>

This kind of comment shows how completely you misunderstand
responsible freedom. You once claimed to be a Libertarian.
Obviously, you are not one now, nor are you a supporter of
the kind of freedom the United States is based upon: that
individuals have a right to decide for themselves what they
consider appropriate, as long as their actions do not harm
or distress others. Your mentality is the same as that of
those who would impose religious law on a whole population,
and enforce it with State power.

Part of the problem with harm to animals is that the legal
system -- and you -- allow any harm, no matter how serious
or distressing to the animal, as long as it is generally
considered to benefit humans. Rape of a sheep cannot possibly
be considered more painful or harmful to the sheep than being
hoisted upside down by one leg, having one's throat cut while
still conscious, and bleeding to death slowly in great pain while
being flayed alive, is harmful to a cow, or having one's beak burned
off by a hot knife and being scalded to death in boiling water
is harmful to a chicken. Yet these cruel practices are accepted
*by you* and the legal system because lots of people want to
eat beef or chicken, while only a tiny number of people want
to rape sheep. This is hypocrisy of the worst type.

AR supporters have a consistent moral position: these cruel
practices toward "food" animals *AND* the rape of unwilling
animals are *BOTH* condemned, for the same reason. Any
action which causes harm or distress to a companion animal is
also covered in most civilized areas ( which probably excludes
Texas ) by anti-cruelty laws. However, the Supreme Court has
very properly concluded in the Lawrence case that an activity
between consenting adults in the privacy of their own home --
and action which cannot be shown to be imposed without consent,
or to cause any harm -- should not be prohibited by law.

Anyone who believes, for religious or ethical reasons, that
bestiality is immoral ( as Pearl does ) has a right to say
so, to avoid the activity, and to try to *persuade* others
not to engage in the activity. But unless someone can
present genuine evidence that the action is *harmful* mentally
or physically, it is wrong to forbid the action under law
in a free society. There are people who believe it is immoral
to allow young girls to escape genital mutilation, or to allow
women to go outside without wearing a veil. Some of them would
impose this belief on women without consent, by force, and
even kill women who resist. But this is not the kind of
behavior which can be accepted in a free society.

<snip>

[email protected] 03-08-2006 08:07 PM

Where's everybody gone?

chico chupacabra wrote:
> wrote:
> > Leif Erikson wrote:
> >
> >>This is the site of a lobbying organization for foot
> >>massagers. They have no credibility.
> >>
> >>There are no legitimate clinical studies that show
> >>*any* directly therapeutic effect of foot rubbing for
> >>any medical ailment. At best, foot massage has a
> >>palliative effect on the fraud victim's mental state.
> >>

> > Those last two sentences are contradictory.

> No, shev, they aren't. Palliative benefits from touch therapies like
> massage (back, feet, whatever) may make it easier to live with
> migraines, but they don't cure migraines.

You're saying a palliative benefit is not a direct therapeutic effect?

http://tinyurl.com/e2mn
> http://tinyurl.com/e2mv
>
> MUSIC
> http://tinyurl.com/e2nb
> http://tinyurl.com/e2nf
>
> ANIMALS/PETS
> http://tinyurl.com/e2nn
> http://tinyurl.com/e2ns

Good point. I imagine your original foot massage advocate would also
agree.. we all have quite different nervous, endochrine, etc. systems
as well as comforts and whatever floats your boat as they say.

Just remember that past results are no guarantee of future performance
etc.

chico chupacabra 04-08-2006 01:08 AM

Where's everybody gone?

Karen Winter, schismatic child abandoner and ex-cat shampooer, wrote:

> <snip>
>
>>> So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?

>> No, but apparently a majority of the US Supreme Court does.

> <snip>
>
> This kind of comment shows how completely you misunderstand
> responsible freedom.

Quite the contrary.

> You once claimed to be a Libertarian.

I have libertarian tendencies.

> Obviously, you are not one now,

Non sequitur.

> nor are you a supporter of
> the kind of freedom the United States is based upon:

Ipse dixit.

> that
> individuals have a right to decide for themselves what they
> consider appropriate, as long as their actions do not harm
> or distress others.

Libertarian philosophy extends a bit further than you suggest, Karen. As
to the "founding principles" of our nation, I would submit that the
founders left it to the states (Tenth Amendment) to determine laws about
issues such as pornography, sodomy, and bestiality. And that was the
case up until the Bowers and Lawrence decisions -- the Supreme Court had
found that it was a local issue, not a federal one, to be determined by
the people and their representatives. The Lawrence decision vitiates the
Tenth Amendment. And YOU call ME un-American?

BTW, the real irony is your pose as a libertarian when you've written in
support of groups carrying out terrorism in the name of animal
liberation. The truth is, you're a libertine -- an IRRESPONSIBLE
libertine -- and NOT a libertarian, much less a "responsible" one (just
ask your son, whom you abandoned so you could pursue your own selfish
pleasures).

> Your mentality is the same as that of
> those who would impose religious law on a whole population,
> and enforce it with State power.

That's a non sequitur, and it's funny coming from someone who would use
the same power to forbid people from eating meat or wearing fur (but you
WOULD let people **** animals). I've not made a religious statement
about this series of issues, aside from asking how your religious are
congruent with your advocacy of bestiality, homosexuality, and
pedophilia. How is that all congruent, Karen?

> Part of the problem with harm to animals is that the legal
> system -- and you -- allow any harm,

Bullshit. The system -- and I -- forbid wanton abuse of and cruelty to
animals.

> no matter how serious
> or distressing to the animal, as long as it is generally
> considered to benefit humans.

Most livestock aren't distressed -- they live their lives with very good
care.

> Rape of a sheep cannot possibly
> be considered more painful or harmful to the sheep than being
> hoisted upside down by one leg, having one's throat cut while
> still conscious, and bleeding to death slowly

It's actually quite quick. The brain is deprived of oxygen, the animal
sinks quickly into unconsciousness.

> in great pain while being flayed alive,

They're not alive when flayed.

> is harmful to a cow, or having one's beak burned
> off by a hot knife and being scalded to death in boiling water
> is harmful to a chicken. Yet these cruel practices are accepted
> *by you* and the legal system because lots of people want to
> eat beef or chicken, while only a tiny number of people want
> to rape sheep. This is hypocrisy of the worst type.

It's neither as cruel as you portray nor as hypocritical. Why do you
always have to side with the most marginal minority? I mean, what is it
about humans who **** animals that you find worthy of protecting?

> AR supporters have a consistent moral position:

You don't.

> these cruel
> practices toward "food" animals *AND* the rape of unwilling
> animals are *BOTH* condemned, for the same reason.

You've written very approvingly of bestiality, Karen, and you call me
anti-American for not approving of it with you. What's so consistent
about that?

> Any action which causes harm or distress to a companion animal

*PET*. They're called PETS, Karen.

> is also covered in most civilized areas ( which probably excludes
> Texas )

Haha. You elitist swine.

> by anti-cruelty laws.

For the record, Texas has AND enforces animal cruelty laws.

> However, the Supreme Court has
> very properly concluded

No, improperly. The majority opinion didn't get to the Constitutional
issues at hand but instead referred to international law and sentiment.

> in the Lawrence case that an activity
> between consenting adults in the privacy of their own home --
> and action which cannot be shown to be imposed without consent,
> or to cause any harm -- should not be prohibited by law.

Lawrence is a big red strike through the Tenth Amendment. We're no
longer free to make our own laws; we have to pass the muster of the
sentiments of international law and those who pay allegiance to it
instead of the Constitution.

> Anyone who believes, for religious or ethical reasons, that
> bestiality is immoral ( as Pearl does ) has a right to say
> so, to avoid the activity, and to try to *persuade* others
> not to engage in the activity. But unless someone can
> present genuine evidence that the action is *harmful* mentally
> or physically,

It's classified in DSM-IV as a paraphilia. Snip and run from discussing
that, you disingenuous cow, like you did two (or was it three?) years ago.

> it is wrong to forbid the action under law
> in a free society.

No, it isn't. A free society allows community standards to prevail, not
a lowest common denominator of libertine sentiment.

<snip weird digression>

chico chupacabra 04-08-2006 01:14 AM

Where's everybody gone?

wrote:

>>>Those last two sentences are contradictory.

>>No, shev, they aren't. Palliative benefits from touch therapies like
>>massage (back, feet, whatever) may make it easier to live with
>>migraines, but they don't cure migraines.

> You're saying a palliative benefit is not a direct therapeutic effect?

No, because the underlying cause/issue remains.

http://tinyurl.com/e2mn
>>http://tinyurl.com/e2mv
>>
>>MUSIC
>>http://tinyurl.com/e2nb
>>http://tinyurl.com/e2nf
>>
>>ANIMALS/PETS
>>http://tinyurl.com/e2nn
>>http://tinyurl.com/e2ns

> Good point.

I try only to make that kind.

> I imagine your original foot massage advocate would also
> agree..

She doesn't. She's a true-believer in reflexology.

> we all have quite different nervous, endochrine, etc. systems
> as well as comforts and whatever floats your boat as they say.

But we don't allow people to make unfounded, untrue statements about
medical procedures or potions. That's supposed to include flim-flam BS
like "alternative medicine."

> Just remember that past results are no guarantee of future performance
> etc.

Read LesLIE's posts again and you'll see that she's a true-believer who
claims it's a cure-all.

Rupert 04-08-2006 01:52 AM

Where's everybody gone?

chico chupacabra wrote:

> > > No.

> > Of course it is condemnation.

> You wrote yesterday, "Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question." That CONDONES it, it doesn't condemn it.
>
> > condemnation
> > 1. an expression of strong disapproval; pronouncing
> > as wrong or morally culpable

> Yet you still find it in your heart to condone it: "Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."
>
> > > We're not talking about any states. We're talking about YOU. You
> > > endorse bestiality.

> > No I don't.

> I. You offer qualified objections to it:
> *As long as the feelings are mutual*,
> and there's *no coercion or force involved,* why
> should you be concerned? Personally, I have no
> problem with people's personal choices *as long as
> they don't harm or cause distress to another*- be it
> human or animal. [emphasis in original]
> lesley ("liesley") - http://tinyurl.com/dwzj7

Seems like a very reasonable position to me.

> II. You've condoned it as a matter of privacy:
> "What people do in the privacy of their own home may be sick as hell, but as long as they're not harming or causing distress to another - that's their business."
>
> III. You've further stated that you'd even oppose laws against it:
> "Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."
>
> Whose side are you on, Lesley? The animal ****ers' side.

What's wrong with sex with animals if it doesn't cause harm or
distress, or involve coercion?

> > And, like many, I don't believe that I've
> > the right to interfere with others' choices

> Unless they want to EAT an animal instead of **** it. You have a perverted sense of right and wrong, pervert.

I think objecting to sex with animals when it causes no harm or
distress, and involves no coercion, but endorsing modern farming
practices, is utterly bizarre. I think all the fuss you people make
about bestiality is ridiculous.

pearl[_1_] 04-08-2006 02:07 AM

Where's everybody gone?

"chico chupacabra" > wrote in message ...

> > It *doesn't* "work" as its scammers suggest. Reflexology's benefits don't
> > extend beyond palliative results,

Paediatr Nurs. 2003 Apr;15(3):20-1.
Reflexology in the management of encopresis and chronic constipation.
Bishop E, McKinnon E, Weir E, Brown DW.

Encopresis or faecal incontinence in children is an extremely distressing
condition that is usually secondary to chronic constipation/stool withholding.
Traditional management with enemas may add to the child's distress. This
study investigated the efficacy of treating patients with encopresis and
chronic constipation with reflexology. An observational study was carried
out of 50 children between three and 14 years of age who had a diagnosis
of encopresis/chronic constipation. The children received six sessions of
30-minutes of reflexology to their feet. With the help of their parents they
completed questionnaires on bowel motions and soiling patterns before,
during and after the treatment. A further questionnaire was completed by
parents pre and post treatment on their attitude towards reflexology.
Forty-eight of the children completed the sessions. The number of bowel
motions increased and the incidence of soiling decreased. Parents were
keen to try the reflexology and were satisfied with the effect of reflexology
on their child's condition. It appears that reflexology has been an effective
method of treating encopresis and constipation over a six-week period in
this cohort of patients.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial
Controlled Clinical Trial

PMID: 12715585 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

1: Forsch Komplementarmed Klass Naturheilkd. 2001 Apr;8(2):86-9.
[Influence of reflex zone therapy of the feet on intestinal blood flow
measured by color Doppler sonography]
[Article in German]
Mur E, Schmidseder J, Egger I, Bodner G, Eibl G, Hartig F, Pfeiffer KP,
Herold M. Universitatsklinik fur Innere Medizin, Innsbruck, Osterreich.

OBJECTIVE: An influence on organ-associated blood flow is considered
as a possible mechanism of action of reflex zone massage of the feet
(FRZM) therapy. In the present study we investigated whether changes in
intestinal blood flow can be achieved by FRZM. Material and Methods:
32 healthy adults (19 women and 13 men) were randomly assigned to the
treatment or the placebo group. Subjects of the treatment group received
foot massage on the zones assigned to the intestines and those of the
placebo group received massage on zones unrelated to the intestines.
Before, during and after FRZM, the blood flow velocity, the peak systolic
and the end diastolic velocities in the superior mesenteric artery as well as
the resistive index as a parameter of vascular resistance were calculated.
Results: During FRZM, in the subjects of the treatment group there was a
significant reduction in the resistive index (p = 0.021), suggesting an
increase in the blood flow in the superior mesenteric artery and the
subordinate vascular system. In contrast, there were no significant changes
in the resistive index in the subjects of the placebo group. Conclusion: The
reduction in the resistive index observed in the treatment group supports
the assumption that FRZM improves blood flow in the organs considered
to be associated with the specific foot zones, at least during the therapy
process. Copyright 2001 S. Karger GmbH, Freiburg

PMID: 11340315 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...ool=pubmed_doc
sum

pearl[_1_] 04-08-2006 02:08 AM

Where's everybody gone?