Old 27-07-2006, 03:31 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Default Where's everybody gone?

Leif Erikson wrote:
the Slut of Cork blabbered:
"Leif Erikson" wrote in message oups.com...
pearl wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:29:31 +0100, "William" wrote:

"nemo" wrote in message
?

This place isn't anywhere near as busy as when I was here
about two years or so ago, and the ones that are left aren't
the same posters. Where's Pearl

Present and correct, but busy elsewhere for the moment.

There's been lots happening while you've been gone.

Yes, I added several items to my wacky ****witted list,
the most recent being the laughable "zero point field":

"zero point field" (GUFFAW!)

What exactly do you know about it, foolish ball?

What do *you* know about it, slut, apart from having scanned that silly
book that your pal wrote, and that the science editor of the Times of
London disparaged as pseudo-scientific BULLSHIT?

- What are your qualifications in any related field?

I don't claim specific expertise in science.

My expertise is in out stupiding myself.

spotting the worthless horseshit spew of ANTI-science fruitcakes like
you - the quackery promoted by charlatan foot-rubbing whores. You have
ZERO qualification in science, but you pretend to have quite a lot.
You DO NOT read the scientific literature; you CANNOT read it.

Yes she can Goo........far better than you.

You continually post this ridiculous ad hominem

No ad hominem. You believe in every bit of this bullshit, below.

I will not be responding to the troll's ongoing crap.

Yes, you will. You can't help yourself.

You believe in

"zero point field" (GUFFAW!)
"veganism"
"inner earth beings"
"hollow earth"
that goofy patent for a MANUFACTURED globe
helium-inflated number(s) for feed:beef
rain forest destruction
Brazil's exports (based on *Argentina's* trade)
Stolen French flying saucer
Zapper
Foot massage (as cure-all)
Astrology
Numerology
Alien abduction
bestiality
Leprechauns
Channeling
Polar fountains
Sun gazing
Chemtrails
AIDS and ebola conspiracy theory
Crop circles
sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts
participation in skinhead subculture
the validity of online IQ tests
crackpot 9-11 conspiracy theories
Jeff Rense for "news"
long-debunked legends about "ageless wonders"

archived evidence of the above:
http://tinyurl.com/h0br
http://tinyurl.com/h0bl
http://tinyurl.com/v5p8
http://tinyurl.com/v5pf
http://tinyurl.com/mh5w
http://tinyurl.com/mh6h
http://tinyurl.com/mh6r
http://tinyurl.com/mh71
http://tinyurl.com/mh7a
http://tinyurl.com/mh7j
http://tinyurl.com/mh7p
http://tinyurl.com/v5jj
http://tinyurl.com/v5kd
http://tinyurl.com/v5l6
http://tinyurl.com/v5ft
http://tinyurl.com/v5fj
http://tinyurl.com/v5fp
http://tinyurl.com/v5ft
http://tinyurl.com/v5ga
http://tinyurl.com/v5gc
http://tinyurl.com/v5i2
http://tinyurl.com/v5gk
http://tinyurl.com/v5h1
http://tinyurl.com/v5h9
http://tinyurl.com/n9r59

Goo, how about starting an archive of tinyurls of you out stupiding
yourself?

I think there is a growing following of usenet users who are following
your out stupiding career.

Old 27-07-2006, 03:46 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:
"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
k.net...

William wrote:

ball wrote:
..

bestiality

I very much doubt that.

Thank you.

Did he provid you with some animals?

[snip shit flood]

sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

Yeah right.

She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot!

Texan SHARP,

Your ex-husband was a skinhead, you lying slut.

The guy was an ex-convict.

He did a stint in prison.

Exactly.

He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
together with him: she was aroused by it.

False.

No, true.

You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.

I do know all of it.

Deductive as ever.

Right.

Then you should be quiet and stop all your nonsense.

cut

Why did you cut, you chickenshit closed-minded ****wit?

restore

She went out of town, and he got into her computer and
started posting, right here in this newsgroup - a lot
of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here
is his post: http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using
her computer and her pseudonym at that time, "lilweed".

Following an inappropriate comment to a serious accident.

I gave him free rein.

I was never a skinhead.

Bullshit. You were a Chelsea - he told us.

If I were, I would freely say so.

No, you're a born liar. You're embarrassed by the
episode, little lying Chelsea.

your closed-mindedness.

'There are those who believe that science is not just mistaken
on some interesting theoretical possibilities, but IRREDEEMIBLY
wrong on the most fundamental questions science can ask.

And those people are called "kooks", and you are one.
So is billy.
Old 27-07-2006, 03:56 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

El Homo Gordo Muy ****witto whined:

pearl wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:29:31 +0100, "William" wrote:

"nemo" wrote in message
. co.uk...

?

This place isn't anywhere near as busy as when I was here
about two years or so ago, and the ones that are left aren't
the same posters. Where's Pearl

Present and correct, but busy elsewhere for the moment.

There's been lots happening while you've been gone.

Yes, I added several items to my wacky ****witted list,
the most recent being the laughable "zero point field":

"zero point field" (GUFFAW!)

What exactly do you know about it, foolish ball?

What do *you* know about it, slut, apart from having scanned that silly
book that your pal wrote, and that the science editor of the Times of
London disparaged as pseudo-scientific BULLSHIT?

- What are your qualifications in any related field?

I don't claim specific expertise in science.

My expertise is in spotting the worthless horseshit spew of ANTI-science fruitcakes like
you - the quackery promoted by charlatan foot-rubbing whores. You have
ZERO qualification in science, but you pretend to have quite a lot.
You DO NOT read the scientific literature; you CANNOT read it.

Yes she can Leif.

No, she can't, ronnnnnnnnnnie. She has no background
in science *AT ALL*.

[...]

leif, how about starting an archive of tinyurls of me trolling for kinky *** sex in usenet?

No thanks, ronnnnnnnnnnnie.
Old 27-07-2006, 04:22 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Jonathan Ball aka "Leif Erikson" lied in message ink.net...

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

I am not a 'slut', I do not live in Cork, and I do not lie.

My last reply to this infantile nonsense.

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
k.net...

William wrote:

ball wrote:
..

bestiality

I very much doubt that.

Thank you.

Did he provid you with some animals?

[snip shit flood]

Admit that you have been lying, chickenshit punk.

sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

Yeah right.

She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot!

Texan SHARP,

Your ex-husband was a skinhead, you lying slut.

SHARP - 'Skinheads Against Racial Predudice', you lying lowlife.

The guy was an ex-convict.

He did a stint in prison. Where you should be.

Exactly.

Tekel.

He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
together with him: she was aroused by it.

False.

No, true.

Absolutely false. If anything, a turn-off. I'm a 'hippy-chick', remember.

You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.

I do know all of it.

Deluded as ever.

Right.

Then you should be quiet and stop all your nonsense.

cut

Why did you cut, you chickenshit closed-minded ****wit?

restore

She went out of town, and he got into her computer and
started posting, right here in this newsgroup - a lot
of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here
is his post: http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using
her computer and her pseudonym at that time, "lilweed".

Following an inappropriate comment to a serious accident.

I gave him free rein.

I was never a skinhead.

Bullshit. You were a Chelsea - he told us.

He told his buddies on a newsgroup. He was lying.

If I were, I would freely say so.

No, you're a born liar.

That's you, liar ball.

You're embarrassed by the episode, little lying Chelsea.

Embarrassed by what, exactly? I regret nothing I've done.

your closed-mindedness.

'There are those who believe that science is not just mistaken
on some interesting theoretical possibilities, but IRREDEEMIBLY
wrong on the most fundamental questions science can ask.

And those people are called "kooks", and you are one.
So is billy.

Those people are called "skeptics". You get everything wrong.

Old 27-07-2006, 06:17 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message ink.net...

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
link.net...

William wrote:

Leif Erikson wrote:
..

bestiality

I very much doubt that.

Thank you.

Did he provid you with some animals?

[snip shit flood]

Admit that you were lying,

No, I wasn't lying. You pointedly refused to condemn
Karen Winter's support of bestiality. That's tacit
advocacy of it.

sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

Yeah right.

She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot!

Texan SHARP,

Your ex-husband was a skinhead, you lying slut.

SHARP

He was a lying criminal skinhead yobbo. He was
convicted of violent crimes.

The guy was an ex-convict.

He did a stint in prison.

Exactly.

Exactly so - a violent ex-convict.

He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
together with him: she was aroused by it.

False.

No, true.

Absolutely false.

No, absolutely true. You got your Chelsea 'do, even.

You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.

I do know all of it.

Delightful as ever.

Right.

Too right.

Then you should be quiet and stop all your nonsense.

cut

Why did you cut, you chickenshit closed-minded ****wit?

restore

She went out of town, and he got into her computer and
started posting, right here in this newsgroup - a lot
of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here
is his post: http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using
her computer and her pseudonym at that time, "lilweed".

Following an inappropriate comment to a serious accident.

I gave him free rein.

I was never a skinhead.

Bullshit. You were a Chelsea - he told us.

He was lying.

No, he wasn't. "Beware of the Chelsea..."

If I were, I would freely say so.

No, you're a born liar.

That's me!

I know. That's why I said it.

You're embarrassed by the episode, little lying Chelsea.

Embarrased by what, exactly? I regret nothing I've done.

You divorced him when he got a little too rough for
you. You regret marrying him, or else you'd still be
married to him.

I think being a Chelsea didn't do your foot-massage
practice any good.

your closed-mindedness.

'There are those who believe that science is not just mistaken
on some interesting theoretical possibilities, but IRREDEEMIBLY
wrong on the most fundamental questions science can ask.

And those people are called "kooks", and you are one.
So is billy.

Those people are called "kooks".

Right - that's what I said.

Your having posted that statement is proof positive
that you are SCIENCE-ILLITERATE and ANTI-science, as I
have maintained all along. Thanks for the frank
concesion, you reeking tuna-tin. It's going STRAIGHT
into Senor Chupacabra's comprehensive list of your
weird, whacked-out beliefs.

Old 27-07-2006, 06:25 AM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Default Senor Chupacabra - another list entry ( Where's everybody gone?)

lesley the drunken foot-rubbing slut of Cork wrote:

[snip lesley's shit flood]

your closed-mindedness.

'There are those who believe that science is not just mistaken
on some interesting theoretical possibilities, but IRREDEEMIBLY
wrong on the most fundamental questions science can ask.'

Add "reflexively anti-intellectual and
anti-scientific", or words to that effect, to the list
of lesley's weird beliefs. Here's the URL for the
citation in Google: http://tinyurl.com/o8uwn

Thanks and regards,

Leif
Old 27-07-2006, 12:31 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Hello Usual Suspect. I know who you are now.

William wrote:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
.net...

William wrote:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
rthlink.net...

William wrote:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
. earthlink.net...

William wrote:

I wasn't talking about Lesley. I was talking about Pearl,

That's lesley, you dummy. "pearl" is her ****witted pseudonym.

Sorry. I didn't know that.

She is anything but a pearl; more like a

jagged piece of broken glass from a cheap bottle of beer.

yawn

and having an open mind about her beliefs.

You don't really mean to have an open mind about them, dumb-ass. What you
mean is to be predisposed to accept them because they're new-age kooky.

Apart from a few items on that list I'm open-minded the rest and
believe some of them.

Exactly. You are predisposed to accepting at face value any new-age kooky
bullshit that appears to go against common sense, and that plays to your
perverse need to be "different". You misinterpret this as "open-mindedness".
It isn't

I agree - it isn't "open-mindedness." Being open-minded is all about being
receptive of others' ideas and beliefs.

No, that is *NOT* what being open-minded is

Yes it is.

[snip crap]

That was the definition of open-mindedness you cut away, and
it fits perfectly with mine. Is that why you cut it? ;-)

o·pen-mind·ed
adj.
Having or showing receptiveness to new and different ideas or the opinions of others.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/open-minded

"Being open-minded is all about being receptive of others' ideas and beliefs."

No, it isn't.

Yes it is.

"Being open-minded is all about being receptive of others' ideas and beliefs."

Wrong. That dictionary definition is simply bullshit.

It's the correct definition, and it's the definition I used.

Being *receptive* is not being open minded, you ****ing idiot; it's being
partisan.

If born liars exist

lesley is one.

No. Ispe Dixit knows her well and told me ages ago that she's a reliable
expert on nutrition and alternative animal-friendly treatments.

Derek was incorrect about that

Incorrect about what? I'm telling you what Ipse Dixit told me. He wrote me an email.

"zero point field" (GUFFAW!)
"veganism"

I've been vegan for over two years now and doing great by it.

"inner earth beings"
"hollow earth"
that goofy patent for a MANUFACTURED globe
helium-inflated number(s) for feed:beef
rain forest destruction
Brazil's exports (based on *Argentina's* trade)
Stolen French flying saucer
Zapper
Foot massage (as cure-all)
Astrology
Numerology
Alien abduction

cut

I very much doubt that.

I thought you were open minded?

You can doubt things while being open-minded about them.

You're not being honestly open-minded about it.

Yes I am,

No, you aren't.

Her endorsement of it was correctly inferred from her failure to state her
opposition to it following her statement of support for someone (Karen Winter) who
openly endorses it. lesley was asked repeatedly if she wanted to distance herself
from Karen on at least that one issue, and she refused to do so. That is implicit
support for it.

No. Read Pearl's post. "To repeat- I think it is a perversion, and if it is contrary
to an animals'
instinct and requires conditioning or abuse, I _strongly_ condemn it." What more do
you want?
She strongly condemns it and thinks it's a perversion. That's one item I've taken off
that list,
Usual Suspect. I wonder how many others are there that shouldn't be.

Leprechauns
Channeling
Polar fountains
Sun gazing
Chemtrails
AIDS and ebola conspiracy theory
Crop circles
sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

Yeah right.

She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot! The guy was an
ex-convict. He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she
got together with him: she was aroused by it.

You can't possibly know all that. Soryy, but I don't believe you.

I do know all of it.

Then you should be quiet and stop all your nonsense.

cut

Why did you cut, you chickenshit closed-minded ****wit?

restore

She went out of town, and he got into her computer and started posting, right here
in this newsgroup - a lot of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here is his post:
http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using her computer and her pseudonym at that
time, "lilweed".

/restore

Leave it in shitbag. Leave it in as a testament to your closed-mindedness.

I've no comment to make on her personal life because 1, I don't
know all the facts. 2, I don't want to know them. 3, you sure as hell
don't know them. 4, It's none of our business. 5, Her personal life
has no bearing on her expertise in vegan nutrition and alternative
medicine.

As for all the rest, they're all weird beliefs that fly in the face of logic and
common sense and science, and that's *why* you believe in them.

I see the emphasis you put on 'why', and I disagree with those
reasons. I'm not a vegan just because it flies in the face of
common sense.

You're a "vegan" (quotes of derision) because it feeds your need to be
"different".

No, it's a consequence of the principles I hold regarding the treatment
of animals.

No, it's based on your wish to try to be distinctive, to be "different".

You're welcome to believe whatever you want, but always remember
that you're not in a position to tell me what I believe.

You're an unaccomplished nobody loser,

Enough of the insults.

No. You are asking for them.

Well now I'm asking you to stop them, please.

and you're one among millions. Your ego
needs something to make you feel "special", so you went out and found something.

"veganism" is not a thought-out position. It's a choice people make
*SELF-CONSCIOUSLY* to try to create a persona.

For me it's not a choice. I cannot go against my principles any more than you can,
Usual Suspect.

Old 27-07-2006, 12:42 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"William" wrote in message .. .

Hello Usual Suspect. I know who you are now.

An understandable misidentification of clone.

"Leif Erikson" is the infamous Jonathan Ball.
http://www.iol.ie/~creature/boiled%20ball.html

"Usual Suspect", is now "chico chupacabra".

They're both self-destructing in anger. lol.

Old 27-07-2006, 12:44 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"pearl" wrote in message
"William" wrote in message
.. .

"pearl" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:29:31 +0100, "William"
wrote:

"nemo" wrote in message
k...
?

This place isn't anywhere near as busy as when I was here
about two years or so ago, and the ones that are left aren't
the same posters. Where's Pearl

Present and correct, but busy elsewhere for the moment.

There's been lots happening while you've been gone.

Hello Pearl. Haven't seen you for ages! I've missed quite a bit, and tbh I
missed quite a bit when I was here anyway.

. Yeah, that can happen. Justifies frequent repetition I guess.

Oasis of peace and sanity in this raging world - very good idea.

I like listening to music through earphones with my eyes closed more
than I used to.

Old 27-07-2006, 01:02 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"pearl" wrote in message
"William" wrote in message
.. .

Hello Usual Suspect. I know who you are now.

An understandable misidentification of clone.

"Leif Erikson" is the infamous Jonathan Ball.
http://www.iol.ie/~creature/boiled%20ball.html

Him! I thought they came and carted him off ages ago. Oh crap!

"Usual Suspect", is now "chico chupacabra".

Right! Thanks.

They're both self-destructing in anger. lol.

Makes me laugh as well really.

Old 27-07-2006, 01:16 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

cut

He was a lying criminal

Then how can you believe him, and why repeat his lies as being the truth about Pearl?
This hate campaign against Pearl is over before it starts if the ONLY evidence
supporting it comes from someone you know to be a lying criminal. LOL

cut

Old 27-07-2006, 01:16 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

chelsea foot-masseuse wrote:

bestiality

Thank you.

Leave the animals alone!

Yes: A learning process whereby a previously neutral stimulus (CS) is repeatedly
paired with an unconditioned stimulus (US) that reflexively elicits an
unconditioned response (UR). Eventually the CS will evoke the response.
Pedophiles do this with children, and zoophiles with animals, to coerce behavior
children and animals would normally not engage.

Ok. This sort of treatment of animals is clearly unethical.

How friggin' long did it take you to realize animals generally don't go
around seeking interspecies copulation? I mean, aside from a male animal
that tries dry humping some chick who's on the rag (and *that*'s
instinctive based on scent: they're not trying to lure you out of your
pants the way you let that violent skinhead for a piece of your skanky
tail).

R:
I think one has to condemn all conditioning as a violation of the
animal's freedom and personhood, or not condemn conditioning _per
se_.

u-s
I don't think so, but you're the extremist here.

(me: 1. Why not? 2. Rat just condemned all conditioning, contrary
to your implying that she defended it).

She never condemned it -- "or not condemn conditioning per se." She
still approves of bestiality! She was suggesting one's position on such
conditioning must be all or nothing in relation to other ways we
condition animals (zoos, farms, training dogs to sit-stay, etc.). You
don't realize what a sick pervert that woman is, Lesley. You don't
realize how perverted AR is.

To repeat- I think it is a perversion, and if it is contrary to an animals'
instinct and requires conditioning or abuse, I _strongly_ condemn it.

I posted a link a couple months ago to an article "about one of Karen's
friends," some drunk arrested in Florida in the act of having anal sex
with a dog. Do dogs instinctively want to give butt sex to drunk humans,
Lesley? Do you think cattle and horses enjoy being molested at night
while their owners sleep? Or in your neck of the woods, sheep?

Article mentioned above:
http://www1.tcpalm.com/tcp/local_new...788632,00.html

..
sexually aroused by violent ex-convicts

Yeah right.
She was married to a ****ing British skinhead, you idiot!

Texan SHARP, you idiot.

I read through his posts. He's not terribly sharp. Neither are you.
People like him need to come up with another name for their group.

The guy was an ex-convict.

He did a stint in prison.

Yes, Lesley, and that's why they're called convicts, because they've
been convicted of engaging in criminal activity.

He was a skinhead when she hooked up with him. That's *why* she got
together with him: she was aroused by it.

False.

You were aroused or else you wouldn't have fallen for him and given him
nookie.

..
She went out of town, and he got into her computer and
started posting, right here in this newsgroup - a lot
of wild, violence-tinged stuff. He found and began
posting in some skinhead-oriented groups as well. Here
is his post: http://tinyurl.com/p6lp8. He was using
her computer and her pseudonym at that time, "lilweed".

Following an inappropriate comment to a serious accident.

I gave him free rein.

I was never a skinhead. If I were, I would freely say so.

He said you were a chelsea -- a female skinhead -- and said you shaved
to lure him into your lair.

your closed-mindedness.

'There are those who believe that science is not just mistaken
on some interesting theoretical possibilities, but IRREDEEMIBLY
wrong on the most fundamental questions science can ask.

Some people still believe the earth is flat, or even that it's hollow
with little people living inside it because they fear of our
governments. When you get right down to it, though, Lemuria is a pretty
good metaphor for the dimwitted conspiracy theorists who believe
governments coordinate catastrophes, terrorist attacks, spray them with
"chemtrails," and even medical science (which by definition excludes
your pseudoscientific field of REFLEXOLOGY) otherwise try to control
them because they're the "enlightened" ones "hiding" from the bogeyman.

But to whom should we listen in order to sort all of this out?

Alex Jones and Art Bell and Jeff Rense and Aurelia Louise Jones and
"Adama of Telos." And Lesley the Chelsea-(quasi-)Jewish Reflexologist
who dumped her skinhead husband but still believes in a place called
Lemuria.

If the critics
are correct, billions of tax dollars have been misdirected and/or
completely wasted chasing chimeras.

Chimeras that cure cancer with myriad treatments that prolong life when
cancer used to kill so man? Chimeras that eradicate communicable
diseases with childhood immunizations?

Who needs to research cures when we can have a dopey foot massage, a
colonic, or whatever the herb du jour is.

Your response might be,
"OK but who the heck are you?" The answer is, I'm a layperson

Right, someone who deems him/herself an expert despite lack of formal
training or study in a given field. Hence, you rubbed your sister's feet
and pronounced her cured of brain damage! Why the hell didn't you go rub
Terri Schiavo's feet, you sick little charlatan?

who has followed discovery with a particular interest in the work
of independent researchers who are skeptical of the current scientific
consensus. But the term "skeptic" has been so debased and misused
over the years that some interpret the word to mean an opposition to
anything unconventional (i.e. "skepticism" of the paranormal,

It's reasonable to be skeptical of the paranormal. James Randi and
others have done admirable work in challenging those who deceive and con
others with their claims of psychic abilities.

UFO's,

Found one yet?

conspiracies,

See above. Conspiracy theories exist because weak-minded and mentally
ill people are unable to cope with their daily realities and need
bogeymen and scapegoats to rationalize their failures. It's "projection"
in the proper sense, not the way you misuse the term.

etc.). In reality, the word "skeptic," has the precise
OPPOSITE meaning.

Chronic contrarianism is not a hallmark of sound mental health. As I
wrote above, YOU are the Lemurian living beneath Mount Shasta, hiding
your secret enlightened knowledge from critics and sharing it with those
who are equally as gullible as you are.

As defined by the American Heritage
Dictionary, it means "One who instinctively or habitually doubts,
questions, or disagrees with assertions or generally accepted
conclusions."

It comes from a Greek word which means "to examine." So a skeptic is an
examiner. One needn't only examine generally-accepted principles or
conclusions, one can also examine superstitions. One isn't a skeptic
merely because one embraces UFOs, reflexology, haunted houses, or Lemuria.

In science today, the "generally accepted conclusions" are
routinely presented as inarguable "facts". From the Big Bang, to
the evolution of planets, from the nature of comets, to highly
speculative and hidden phenomena such as black holes, dark
matter, and dark energy, the big cosmological picture is
presented with such confidence that media in this country
have almost never questioned it. But the picture may be much
less clear than we have been led to believe.

The media? WTF do they have to do with science? Their job is to report
stuff. Alas, "reporting" today has become a matter of pretty faces
reading press releases in front of cameras. That's what happens when
people learn a trade (journalism) rather than a specific field of reporting.

...'
http://www.thunderbolts.info/webnews/new_cosmology.htm

Did you check out their team? With all the self-identified
"mythologists" and "Internet contributors" (is that what you call
yourself for crossposting yourself into oblivion?) on board, it's no
wonder they have little use for convention, reason, or (ahem) science.
Old 27-07-2006, 01:22 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"pearl" wrote in message
"William" wrote in message
.. .

"pearl" wrote in message
"William" wrote in message
.. .

"pearl" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:29:31 +0100, "William"
wrote:

"nemo" wrote in message
k...
?

This place isn't anywhere near as busy as when I was here
about two years or so ago, and the ones that are left aren't
the same posters. Where's Pearl

Present and correct, but busy elsewhere for the moment.

There's been lots happening while you've been gone.

Hello Pearl. Haven't seen you for ages! I've missed quite a bit, and tbh I
missed quite a bit when I was here anyway.

. Yeah, that can happen. Justifies frequent repetition I guess.

Oasis of peace and sanity in this raging world - very good idea.

I like listening to music through earphones with my eyes closed more
than I used to.

For real.

Sometimes it's the only oasis that's around. Power napping?

Old 27-07-2006, 01:33 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

William wrote:

Hello Usual Suspect.

Good morning, moron.

I know who you are now.

And I'll bet you're SO proud of yourself, too.

[...]

Derek's no authority himself. Try quackwatch.com instead.

[...]

Yes. Karen never distanced herself from conditioning. Read it again, dimwit.

Read Pearl's post. "To repeat- I think it is a perversion, and if it is contrary
to an animals'
instinct and requires conditioning or abuse, I _strongly_ condemn it."

Then why did she hem and haw all over the place about it?

What more do you want?

Straightforward answers would be nice.

She strongly condemns it and thinks it's a perversion.

"*IF* it's contrary to an animals' [sic] instinct *AND* requires
conditioning *OR* abuse..." Why can't she just come right out and say,
"It's always wrong to molest animals"?

That's one item I've taken off that list, Usual Suspect.

That one's staying.

I wonder how many others are there that shouldn't be.

Read through the links, dumbass. They go straight to her posts on those
issues.

[...]

"Expertise" would lead her away from veganism, not to it. As for her
"expertise" in alternative medicine, she RUBS FEET! Some expertise that is.

As for all the rest, they're all weird beliefs that fly in the face of logic and
common sense and science, and that's *why* you believe in them.

I see the emphasis you put on 'why', and I disagree with those
reasons. I'm not a vegan just because it flies in the face of
common sense.
You're a "vegan" (quotes of derision) because it feeds your need to be
"different".

No, it's a consequence of the principles I hold regarding the treatment
of animals.

No, it's based on your wish to try to be distinctive, to be "different".

You're welcome to believe whatever you want, but always remember
that you're not in a position to tell me what I believe.

You're doing a damn good job of it yourself, and your defensive attitude
about it towards Mr Erikson is pretty amusing, too.

You're an unaccomplished nobody loser,

Enough of the insults.

No. You are asking for them.

Well now I'm asking you to stop them, please.

Truth hurts?

and you're one among millions. Your ego
needs something to make you feel "special", so you went out and found something.

"veganism" is not a thought-out position. It's a choice people make
*SELF-CONSCIOUSLY* to try to create a persona.

For me it's not a choice.

Yes, it is. It's an irrational one based on the mental defect that it's
good to stick out like a sore thumb, and that you must be special
because everyone else isn't like you at all.

I cannot go against my principles any more than you can,

You have no principles.

Usual Suspect.

You were responding to Mr Erikson, not to me.