Old 02-08-2006, 04:06 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Default Where's everybody gone?

"chico chupacabra" perverted twisted shithead from wrote in message ...

pearl wrote:

snip

And just to be clear, you *do* endorse bestiality:

*As long as the feelings are mutual*,
and there's *no coercion or force involved,* why
should you be concerned? Personally, I have no
problem with people's personal choices *as long as
they don't harm or cause distress to another*- be it
human or animal. [emphasis in original]
http://tinyurl.com/dwzj7

From an AR point of view. What people do in the privacy of
their own home may be sick as hell, but as long as they're not
harming or causing distress to another - that's their business.

So you endorse it. You don't condemn it. Saying it's
"their business" is endorsement of it.

Saying it is sick as hell is condemnation.

No.

Of course it is condemnation.

No.

Of course it is condemnation.

You wrote yesterday, "Whether I think there should be a law against
it is another question." That CONDONES it, it doesn't condemn it.

So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?
Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

I wrote over two years ago that I think it is a perversion, and I do.

condemnation
1. an expression of strong disapproval; pronouncing
as wrong or morally culpable

Yet you still find it in your heart to condone it: "Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."

So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?
Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

I wrote over two years ago that I think it is a perversion, and I do.

We're not talking about any states. We're talking about YOU. You
endorse bestiality.

No I don't.

I. You offer qualified objections to it:
*As long as the feelings are mutual*,
and there's *no coercion or force involved,* why
should you be concerned? Personally, I have no
problem with people's personal choices *as long as
they don't harm or cause distress to another*- be it
human or animal. [emphasis in original]
lesley ("liesley") - http://tinyurl.com/dwzj7

II. You've condoned it as a matter of privacy:
"What people do in the privacy of their own home may be sick as hell, but as long as they're not harming or causing distress to

another - that's their business."

So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?
Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

I wrote over two years ago that I think it is a perversion, and I do.

III. You've further stated that you'd even oppose laws against it:
"Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."

So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?
Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

I wrote over two years ago that I think it is a perversion, and I do.

Whose side are you on, Lesley? The animal ****ers' side.

On the side of responsible freedom of choice.

And, like many, I don't believe that I've
the right to interfere with others' choices

Unless they want to EAT an animal instead of **** it. You have a perverted sense of right and wrong, pervert.

Unless it causes harm and distress, pervert.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:07 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

It *doesn't* "work" as its scammers suggest. Reflexology's benefits don't

extend beyond palliative results, like reducing stress or in the treatment
of psychosomatic issues for which there's no underlying health problem to
treat. While stress reduction *is* important, that's a much lower hurdle to
clear than the "cure-all" nonsense its advocates claim for it. Reflexology
has failed to live up to its hype in every double-blind study to which it's
been subjected. Every single one.

Again, I am not arguing with you about its merits. You did not answer my
question: what happens IF and WHEN it works? What would you say to someone
like me, who had severe whiplash (and I mean SEVERE) and one half an hour of
reflexology cured what conventional doctors could not? I can give you the
case history should you require that. In al curiosity, what if and when?

Old 02-08-2006, 04:10 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

lesley the slut of Cork lied:
"Leif Erikson" wrote in message
oups.com...

lesley the slut of Cork lied:

Or as Karen Winter put it:

I don't think I have a right to prevent people by force
from doing things which cause no harm to another,
human or animal.

IOW, you don't object to humans ****ing animals. Case closed.

What case? I told you back then that I think it is a perversion.

You don't condemn it.

Yes, I do.

No:

I think it is a perversion. I think it is morally wrong. I condemn it.

So you *don't* think it's okay for people to do it in
the privacy of their own homes. Why was it so hard to
get you to say that?

You think people ****ing animals in the privacy
of their own homes is their business.

So apparently do all of these US states and countries:

That doesn't get you off the hook for your LYING about having condemned
it. You do *not* condemn it.

I told you that think it is a perversion, LIAR. That is condemnation.

Condemning it would be saying it's
unequivocally wrong and that no one should do it, anywhere or any
time. You won't do that; your phony sense of "tolerance" won't let
you.

What is -your- objection to it? Unlike me, you don't care about animals,

False. The difference is, I don't make them the object
of an irrational, misguided, hypocritical "care" that
isn't really a care for them at all, but rather is a
concern for your own ego.

- so it must be that you think it is debasing to the human involved.

Correct.

You snipped - unethically - my comment that you're not willing to grant
meat eaters the same free pass. You and that lying **** Karen Winter
are both fascists.

You're the one wanting to CONTROL every aspect of people's lives.

False. YOU and that other fascist **** Karen Winter
are the ones who want to control every aspect of
people's lives, right down to what they eat.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:12 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"chico chupacabra" continued his lies and wrote in message ...

pearl wrote:

the same way you have eating meat. Why is that,
Why do you find it wrong to eat an animal's flesh but permissible
to sexually abuse it?

Because it might not cause harm or distress as meat eating does.

"Might not"?! Meat that's being eaten doesn't feel a thing.

The animal it was once a part of did.

I'm not so sure animals get off, so to speak, on being sexually assaulted by humans or even by being conditioned to be receptive

to sexual assault.

You don't know that, and neither do I. You excuse it when it serves your needs.

Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question.

You keep confirming the fact that you're pro-bestiality.

No.

Yes.

No. You keep confirming that you're a desperate rabid liar.

I. You offer only qualified objections to it:

I have stated that it is a perversion. That is condemnation.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:19 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"chico chupacabra" wrote in message ...
Misterina wrote:

Not as authorities, per se, but their show BULLSHIT exposes frauds and

pseudoscience and other irrational nonsense. "Alternative medicine" is
bullshit.

What happens if and when it works?

It *doesn't* "work"

Kidney function
* Results of study: Kidney function improves after the application of
reflexology work. "Using colour (sic) Doppler sonography blood flow
changes of the right kidney during foot reflexology were determine in
a placebo-controlled, double blind, randomised (sic) study. 32 healthy
young adults (17 women, 15 men) were randomly assigned to the
verum or placebo group. The verum group received foot reflexology
at zones corresponding to the right kidney, the placebo group was
treated on other foot zones. Before, during and after foot reflexology,
the blood flow of three vessels of the right kidney was measured using
colour Doppler sonography. Systolic peak velocity and end diastolic
peak velocity was measured in cm/s, and the resistive index a parameter
of the vascular resistance, was calculated. The resistive index in the
verum group showed a highly significant decrease (p/=0.001) during
and an increase (p=0.001) after foot reflexology. There was no difference
between men and women and no difference between smokers and
non-smokers. Verum and placebo groups significantly differed
concerning alterations of the restive index, both between the measuring
points before versus during foot reflexology (p=0.002) and those during
versus after reflexology (p=0.031). The significant decrease of the
resistive index during foot reflexology in the verum (treatment) group
indicates a decrease of flow resistance in the renal vessels and an
increase of renal blood flow. These findings support the hypothesis
that organ-associate foot reflexology is effective in changing renal
blood flow during therapy."
(PMID: 14060981, UI: 99392031)Sudmeier, I., Bodner, G., Egger, I.,
Mur, E., Ulmer, H. and Herold, M. (Universitatsklinik fur Innere Medizin,
Inssbruk, Austria) "Anderung der nierendurchblutung durch
organassoziierte reflexzontherapie am fuss gemussen mit farbkodierter
doppler-sonograhpie," Forsch Komplementarmed 1999, Jum;6(3):129-34
(PMID: 14060981, UI: 99392031) '

'Brief Descriptions:
Reflexology Research & Case Studies
Barbara and Kevin Kunz, Reflexology Research Project

Directory

*Controlled study

Absenteeism/Employee morale
Acne
*Alzheimer's
*Amenorrhea
Anemia
Angina
Arteriosclerosis
Arthritis
Asthma
Biofeedback assessment
Birthing
Bronchitis
*Cancer
*Cardio-vascular system (baroreceptor reflex sensitivity,
blood pressure and sinus arrhythmia)
*Cerebral palsy
*Cervical spondylosis
Chest pain
Children / mentally retarded
*Constipation
*Coronary heart disease
*Diabetes
Diagnosis
Dysmenorrhea
*Dyspepsia
Ear disorders in children
Eczema
Edema in Pregnancy
Emotional needs
Encopresis
Enuresis
Fatigue
*Free radicals
Headache
Hospice / palliative care
*Hyperlipimia
* Impotence
*Infantile pneumonia
Infertility
Irritable bowel syndrome
*Kidney function
*Kidney and ureter stones
*Leukopenia
*Menopause
Mental health
Migraine headache
*Milk secretion in new mothers
Multiple sclerosis
*Neurodermatitis
Nervous exhaustion
Pain
Pain (kidney & ureter stones)
Pain of herniated disc
Pain (post surgical)
Pain (shoulder)
Paralysis
*Post surgical recovery
*Premenstrual syndrome
*Prostate (hyperplasia)
Prostate (hypertrophy - enlarged)
Psoriasis
Rhinitis
*Sexual dysfunction
*Sinusitis
Stroke
*Toothache
*Urinary tract stones
*Urinary tract infection
*Uroschesis (retention of urine)

Absenteeism/Employee morale/Specific health benefits/General health benefits

* Reflexology work saved a Danish employer US$3,300 a month in
fewer sick days for employees in addition to improving the work
environment. ". Reflexology had been used to help the staff of the
Scandinavian Airline's Cargo Department. They employ
approximately 60 people and handle 2.4 million documents a year.
Here is a statement made by the employees:
" 'Our work is done through computers and people spending many
hours in a chair doing their work, resulting in aching shoulders and
back. Since we employed our reflexologist . we have experienced a
substantial decrease of people being ill and away from work. The
approximate amount is 20,000 Danish kroner a month (US$3,300).
It has not only a physical effect, but also a psychological effect.
There is a much better atmosphere in the department, because the
employees feel there is something being done about their problems...
Before we used to stay at home when ill, now we see the staff go
to work anyway because they know they can get a treatment and
feel better.'" Eriksen, Leila, Reflexology: Research and Effect
Evaluation in Denmark, Danish Reflexologists Association,
Denmark, August 1995, pp. 15 - 16

.. "Over a 2 year period a reflexologist employed by the Telecom
firm of Taastrup, Denmark treated 156 employees who experienced
positive effects on back pains, the musculo-skeletal system, headache,
migraine, stomach/intestinal sufferings. Sickness leave was reduced."
(http://www.fdz-intranet.dk/english/research/results.htm) Eriksen,
Leila, "A Close-up View on Company Reflexology," Danish
Reflexologists Association Research Committee Report, Feb., 1995

.. "Three reflexologists employed by the municipality treated 143
patients over a 6 month period. 79% were either cured or helped
with their primary health problem. 57% were helped with secondary
problems. 30% became more satified with their jobs and 92% wanted
to continue reflexology."
(http://www.fdz-intranet.dk/english/research/results.htm) Kristensen,
Karin, Rasmussen, Inge, and Møller, Elsebeth, "Take Good Care of
Your Fellow Employees, Reflexology as personnel care in the Århus
District Corporation," Danish Reflexologists Association Research
Committee Report, Feb., 1995 (Originally published in
Zonetherapeuten, (The FDZ Journal), No. 1, 1996)

.. "Staff of the municipality of Ishoj was treated by a reflexologist.
During 6 month the municipality saved DKK 215,00 as
absenteeism was reduced with 2,500 hours as compared to the
previous year." (http://www.fdzintranet.dk/english/research/results.htm)
Eriksen, Leila, "Municipal Reflexology," Danish Reflexologists
Association Research Committee Report, Feb., 1995

.. "In a three year peiod 235 employees were treated for a variety
of health problems. 170 reported a good effect. 60 had some effect
whereas 5 had no effect. Absenteeism was reduced from 11.4 to
8.5 days per person per year, implying savings of more than 1 million
Danish kroner." (http://www.fdz-intranet.dk/english/research/results.htm)
Madsen, Synnøve and Andersen, Jette, "Postal Reflexology,"
Danish Reflexologists Association Research Committee Report, Feb., 1995

.. "A report on Company Reflexology as appled in the Danish
municipality of Svendborg. Involves 52 female employees. 97.5% had
positive effects on their primary ailments. 77.5% on secondary problems.
Medicine intake was reduce with 27.5% and absenteeism with
65.9%" (http://www.fdz-intranet.dk/english/research/results.htm)
Terp, Hanne, "Municipal Reflexology in Svendborg, A study of the
effect of reflexology treatment in the eastern district of the municipality.

Acne
Thirty eight cases of acne were ages 18 to 29. All were treated with
a daily reflexology session for 10 days as a course of treatment.
All were successfully cured by foot reflexotherapy work: 5 after
3 courses, 26 after 4 courses, 4 after 5 courses and 3 after 6 courses.
Dong Dahai, Xiang Xiangdong, Shi Yanling, Kong Zhifeng, Dong
Congjun, "Treatment of 38 Cases of Acne with Foot Reflexotherapy," 1998
China Reflexology Symposium Report, China Reflexology Association,
Beijing, pp. 62-6

Alzheimer's
Alzheimer's patients saw a reduction in body stiffness and arthritis
as well as alleviation of the illness's symptoms of restlessness and
wandering following reflexology work.
"Old age converts to the New Age," Daily Mail (England),
September 14, 1995

Amenorrhea
* Ninety-five cases of amenorrhea were divided into two groups,
a foot reflex therapy treatment group of 50 and a control group of
45 with participants using traditional Chinese medicine tablets.
The effective rate of the foot reflex therapy group was 96%
compared to the control group rate of 33%.
Xiu-hua, Xu, "Analysis of 50 Cases of Amenorrhea Treated by
Foot Reflex Therapy," (19)96 Beijing International Reflexology
Conference (Report), China Preventive Medical Association and
the Chinese Society of Reflexology, Beijing, 1996, p. 36

Anemia
A forty-six year-old woman with megaloblastic anemia was treated
with foot reflexology. At the start of foot reflexology treatment
her WBC/mm measured 4200 and hemoglobin 5.5. After three
months of foot reflexology treatment she could walk. WBC/mm
measured 8200 and hemoglobin measured 11.0.
Yong-gui, Yang, "A Case Report on Treatment of Megaloblastic
Anemia with Paraplegia by Foot Reflexology," 1994 China Reflexology
Symposium Report, China Reflexology Association, Beijing, p. 48
(Worker's Hospital of Zhuhai Chentang Enterprise, Tianjin, China)

...................'

http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

Old 02-08-2006, 04:25 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

pearl wrote:

"chico chupacabra" wrote in message ...

Chelsea foot-rubbing harlot wrote:

Lies # 1, 2 and 3.

Why do you claim I am not qualified to know?

Because you never studied this the relevant disciplines in science.

I have.

You have not, Karen.

What makes you think that you are qualified to know that?

She has stated that she studied history at university.
Then she got a job shampooing cats. She hasn't
studied biology, zoology, anatomy or any other science
at the university level. Neither have you.

You don't know what we've studied.

Uh huh. You failed out of engineering school and ended up learning
"reflexology" from new age hippie conmen:

Lie #4.

I am a qualified Reflexologist and received my training in

London.
http://tinyurl.com/mh7a

Reflexology is pseudoscience:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexo...cientific_view

BULLSHIT

"Reflexology" is bullshit. Correct.

Scientists and medical professionals consider
reflexology to be a pseudoscience; there are no
reliable scientific studies proving its
effectiveness as a medical treatment, or that there
is any form of link between specific areas of the
feet and the various organs of the body.
Furthermore, the 'crystalline structures' rationale
is unsustained by current understanding of
physiology. There is no scientific evidence that
healing can be achieved by it or that the claimed
"energies" and their supposed pathways through the
body even exist. However, research shows the
relaxing and pleasurable nature of massage has many
medical benefits.

Prominent skeptic Stephen Barrett, M.D., contends
there is no scientific support for any of the
theories of Reflexology, and refers to several
scientific studies that have shown Reflexology is no
better than random chance detecting medical
problems.

In a paper titled "Reflexology: A Closer Look", Dr.
Barrett concludes: "Reflexology is based on an
absurd theory... Claims that reflexology is
effective for diagnosing or treating disease should
be ignored. Such claims could lead to delay of
necessary medical care..." [2]

William T. Jarvis, Ph.D. says: "Reflexology has
almost no potential for direct harm, but its ability
to mislead well-meaning people into believing that
it can be used for screening for health problems, or
that it has real therapeutic value could lead to
serious problems..."

This is the best:

On the TV programm Bullshit!, Penn Jillette compared
reflexology to hitting the tires of your car in
order to change the sparkplugs.

There is ZERO scientific evidence to support the
fabulous claims of the quack medicine fraudsters called
"reflexologists".

Old 02-08-2006, 04:30 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message ink.net...

pearl wrote:

Or as Glorfindel put it:

I don't think I have a right to prevent people by force
from doing things which cause no harm to another,
human or animal.

IOW, you don't object to humans ****ing animals. Case closed.

What case? I told you back then that I think it is a perversion.

You don't condemn it.

Yes, I do.

No:

I think it is a perversion. I think it is morally wrong. I condemn it.

So you *don't* think it's okay for people to do it in
the privacy of their own homes. Why was it so hard to
get you to say that?

I told you that I think it is a perversion, i.e wrong, over two years ago.

You have been lying about me since.

You think people ****ing animals in the privacy
of their own homes is their business.

So apparently do all of these US states and countries:

That doesn't get you off the hook for your LYING about having condemned
it. You do *not* condemn it.

I told you that think it is a perversion, LIAR. That is condemnation.

Condemning it would be saying it's
unequivocally wrong and that no one should do it, anywhere or any
time. You won't do that; your phony sense of "tolerance" won't let
you.

What is -your- objection to it? Unlike me, you don't care about animals,

False.

True. You eat meat.

The difference is, I don't make them the object
of an irrational, misguided, hypocritical "care" that
isn't really a care for them at all, but rather is a
concern for your own ego.

Projection.

- so it must be that you think it is debasing to the human involved.

Correct.

Well, that's absolutely incredible coming from the most foul lowlife on usenet!

You snipped - unethically - my comment that you're not willing to grant
meat eaters the same free pass. You and that lying **** Karen Winter
are both fascists.

You're the one wanting to CONTROL every aspect of people's lives.

False.

Not false. You want to impose on people what they may or may not do.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:33 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Misterina wrote:

Not as authorities, per se, but their show BULLSHIT exposes frauds and
pseudoscience and other irrational nonsense. "Alternative medicine" is
bullshit.

What happens if and when it works?

It doesn't.

It most certainly does.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:36 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"chico chupacabra" an indefensible fake wrote in message ...

pearl wrote:

You don't know what we've studied.

Uh huh. You failed out of engineering school and ended up learning
"reflexology" from new age hippie conmen:

I am a qualified Reflexologist and received my training in

London.
http://tinyurl.com/mh7a

Reflexology is pseudoscience:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexo...cientific_view

BULLSHIT

Reflexology = bullshit. Penn and Teller were spot on.

You citing illusionists as authorities on it? What a joke!

Not as authorities, per se, but their show BULLSHIT exposes frauds and pseudoscience and other irrational nonsense. "Alternative

medicine" is bullshit.

They're BULLSHIT, and so are you.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:49 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

"chico chupacabra" wrote in message ...

pearl wrote:

You *don't* think people should have the right to eat meat in the
privacy of their own homes, but you do think it's okay if they ****
animals. Go figure!

I oppose anything which causes harm and distress.

Yet you condone sexual abuse of animals.

No. You keep confirming that you're a desperate rabid liar.

Yes. You CONDONE it.

tr.v. con-doned, con-don-ing, con-dones
To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/condone

I have said it is a perversion numerous times. That is condemnation.

I have said it is a perversion numerous times.

Yet you continue to condone it:

I have stated that it is a perversion. That is condemnation.

I. You offer only qualified objections to it:

Look at your definition above.

lesley - http://tinyurl.com/dwzj7

II. You've condoned it as a matter of privacy:
"What people do in the privacy of their own home may be sick as hell, but as long as they're not harming or causing distress to

another - that's their business."

So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?
Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

III. You've further stated that you'd even oppose laws against it:
"Whether I think there should be a law against it is another question."

So the state of Texas condones bestiality as there's no law against it?
Better get writing to your representatives to tell them to condemn it.

Whose side are you on, Lesley? The animal ****ers' side.

On the side of responsible freedom of choice.

You haven't and can't disassociate yourself from them.

I was never associated them, except in your sick, twisted,
desperate little mind, chumpo.

Take a look at this and tell us who's side you are on, desperado:

(Very long - will look for a transcript shortly).

Old 02-08-2006, 05:28 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

lesley the skanky harlot of Cork lied:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message ink.net...

lesley the skanky harlot of Cork lied:

Or as Glorfindel put it:

I don't think I have a right to prevent people by force

from doing things which cause no harm to another,

human or animal.

IOW, you don't object to humans ****ing animals. Case closed.

What case? I told you back then that I think it is a perversion.

You don't condemn it.

Yes, I do.

No:

I think it is a perversion. I think it is morally wrong. I condemn it.

So you *don't* think it's okay for people to do it in
the privacy of their own homes. Why was it so hard to
get you to say that?

I told you that I think it is a perversion, i.e wrong, over two years ago.

Then you spent the next two years saying it was the
private business of people. You're inconsistent.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:07 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

Jonathan Ball defender of child rape "Leif Erikson" lied in message
ink.net...

pearl wrote

I think it is a perversion. I think it is morally wrong. I condemn it.

So you *don't* think it's okay for people to do it in
the privacy of their own homes. Why was it so hard to
get you to say that?

I told you that I think it is a perversion, i.e wrong, over two years ago.

Then you spent the next two years saying it was the
private business of people.

No, you spent the next two years telling people I "believe in" it.
- You are a proven stupid, foul-mouthed, morally-bankrupt liar.

You're inconsistent.

It's your business if you want to sit in front of your computer all day,
every day, in your deluded state wanking off at what you consider to
be 'clever' comments replying to your own fabricated strawmen - it is
deeply immoral and very disturbing, but as I said- that's your shoddy
business, perverse as it is. Just keep it to yourself- we don't want it.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:15 PM posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

"Leif Erikson" wrote in message ink.net...

lesley the lying slut of Cork lied:

"chico chupacabra" wrote in message ...

Reflexology is pseudoscience:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexo...cientific_view

BULLSHIT

"Reflexology" is bullshit. Correct.

False,

No, true: "reflexology" is bullshit quackery.

[snip non-peer reviewed bullshit from a foot-massage lobbying organization]

http://www.reflexology-research.com/abstracts.htm

There are no legitimate clinical studies that show
*any* directly therapeutic effect of foot rubbing for
any medical ailment. At best, foot massage has a
palliative effect on the fraud victim's mental state.