Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default I need a white cake recipe

I need a vegan white cake recipe to use for birthdays. I need a delicious
cake that is not tough or will not fall apart. I have tried many recipes
vegan and veganized, but I just can't seem to come close enough to a box
mix. I don't need or want it to be healthful, although trans fat is out.
Does such a recipe even exist? Everytime a birthday rolls around there is
tension between my wife and I. She is not vegan and offers to make me a
separate cake (I hate that). I just want to eat what everyone else is
eating, but I need to find a really good recipe that non-vegans will enjoy.
I have tried putting powdered egg replacer in a vegan box mix, but it falls
apart, I have tried over a half a dozen "from scratch" recipes with varying
degrees of success, but none quite good enough.

What does everyone do for birthdays with their non-vegan families & friends?
I am the only vegan I know and it gets kind of lonely.

I just want a good piece of white cake...is that to much to ask?
My daughter's 2nd birthday is coming up and any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
David

Posted to alt.food.vegan

> http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006...-cupcakes.html

I haven't tried this particular recipe yet but I've made similar recipes.

I used to use Duncan Hines mixes when they were dairy-free and they
worked well for me with Ener-G egg replacer. Brownie Mixes do not work
well with egg replacer.

I googled searched this group and found many recipes. I'll proceed to
repost them for you.

Good Luck with the "Terrible Twos".

dmaraz wrote:
> I need a vegan white cake recipe to use for birthdays. I need a delicious
> cake that is not tough or will not fall apart. I have tried many recipes
> vegan and veganized, but I just can't seem to come close enough to a box
> mix. I don't need or want it to be healthful, although trans fat is out.
> Does such a recipe even exist? Everytime a birthday rolls around there is
> tension between my wife and I. She is not vegan and offers to make me a
> separate cake (I hate that). I just want to eat what everyone else is
> eating, but I need to find a really good recipe that non-vegans will enjoy.
> I have tried putting powdered egg replacer in a vegan box mix, but it falls
> apart, I have tried over a half a dozen "from scratch" recipes with varying
> degrees of success, but none quite good enough.
>
> What does everyone do for birthdays with their non-vegan families & friends?
> I am the only vegan I know and it gets kind of lonely.
>
> I just want a good piece of white cake...is that to much to ask?
> My daughter's 2nd birthday is coming up and any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> David

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"dmaraz" > wrote in message
. com...
> I need a vegan white cake recipe to use for birthdays. I need a delicious
> cake that is not tough or will not fall apart. I have tried many recipes
> vegan and veganized, but I just can't seem to come close enough to a box
> mix. I don't need or want it to be healthful, although trans fat is out.
> Does such a recipe even exist? Everytime a birthday rolls around there is
> tension between my wife and I. She is not vegan and offers to make me a
> separate cake (I hate that). I just want to eat what everyone else is
> eating, but I need to find a really good recipe that non-vegans will

enjoy.
> I have tried putting powdered egg replacer in a vegan box mix, but it

falls
> apart, I have tried over a half a dozen "from scratch" recipes with

varying
> degrees of success, but none quite good enough.
>
> What does everyone do for birthdays with their non-vegan families &

friends?
> I am the only vegan I know and it gets kind of lonely.
>
> I just want a good piece of white cake...is that to much to ask?
> My daughter's 2nd birthday is coming up and any help would be greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> David

You could try using yeast to make it fluffy. It'd come out like a very sweet
bread (not sweetbreads!!! YUK!).

I tried this once and it wasn't bad.

Nemo