FoodBanter.com

-   Vegan (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/)
-   -   Risotto recipé from a.f.goons! (https://www.foodbanter.com/vegan/95850-risotto-recip-f-goons.html)

nemo 10-07-2006 01:39 AM

Risotto recipé from a.f.goons!

I've left the Goond stuff intact coz it might raise a laugh. You could do
with a few on here!

The recipé is at the bottom.

"Ćrchie" > wrote in message
> The curfew had been lifted and the gamblin' wheel shut down, Anyone with
> any sense had already left town. Yet nemo was standin' in the doorway
> saying:

scratched
> >the

You

spam

you

> >Perhaps

door

of
> >any

therapies
> >will

> >> I like it when animals trussed humans -
> >>
> >> It makes them so easy to catch
> >>

> >Soya Chunks, beans, lentils, nuts etc. are easier. They don't even try to
> >run away!
> >
> >I had rabbit just once when I was about three. Didn't taste of much and I
> >seem to remember the meat was oddly shiny.
> >

> My ancestors did not claw their way to the top of the food chain for me to
> eat lentils or weed sap.

You think my stuff's boring eh?

Well I've had a delicious risotto.

1. A whole huge punnet of inSainsbuty's 'Basics' (economy) mushrooms broken
into chunks and fried up in olive oil with loads of garlic and black pepper.

2. A cup of moong beans put on to boil.

3. When nice and brown, the mushrooms were put aside and a couple of nice
big Spanish onions in chunks thrown into the pan and fried until translucent
and then a couple of tins of plum tomatoes added and rendered down together
with about ˝ tsp of tarragon and a handful of raisins.

3. While this was going on, I boiled up two cups of brown wholegrain rice.

4. The mushrooms and moong beans were then simmered with the onions and toms
for a bit, then a couple of scoops of them were mixed well in to the rice
and served.

The lumps of mushroom have quite a meaty taste and a meaty texture and the
moong beans provide lots of protein and fibre. And due to using the best
part of a whole bulb of garlic, tomorrow - stand by for blasting!! -
especially if you're a vampire!

There's plenty of the mushroom/moong bean mixture left over, so next time
I'll have it with pasta mixed with a bit of tahini and lime juice to imitate
cheese and then I'll turn what's left into a nice curry.

And BTW. What's a long thin naked white stalk?

A garlic bulb with no cloves on!!

And why are all these damned cars going past blowing their horns in Italian?