Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Soy or Rice milk?

Soy milk upsets my stomach but rice milk doesn't. Anyone knows what the
value is of these two drinks and is that normal that soy upsets the stomach.
If I eat tofu I get really nauseated. A little soy milk in my cereal, I can
get away with. Anyone knows about these two drinks and how they compare with
each other?

Richard

Posted to alt.food.vegan

~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
'by believing, one sees'
"Richard Miller" > wrote in message
> Soy milk upsets my stomach but rice milk doesn't. Anyone knows what the
> value is of these two drinks and is that normal that soy upsets the

stomach.
> If I eat tofu I get really nauseated. A little soy milk in my cereal, I

can
> get away with. Anyone knows about these two drinks and how they compare

with
> each other?
>
> Richard

I think the best one for you might be the one that doesn't upset your
stomach and digestion. Me personally I use raw almond milk that I make
myself in my blender.

Almond Milk
1/2 cup raw almonds
3 dates, pitted or raw honey to taste
3 cups water

Prep. Soak almonds at least 8 hrs in water.

Me I don't pre-soak the almonds mostly because I usually forget to and I
have a Vita Mix blender that can almost liquify a rock lol, and although the
recipe calls for straining the milk after I really hate tossing all that
good nutrition down the drain. I use it as is. yummmm!

Posted to alt.food.vegan
CFR CFR is offline

Perhaps you are drinking a soymilk with carrageenan. Look for a brand
without this thickener. It is a known fact that this ingredient does not
agree with all people.
In regards to tofu not agreeing with you, I am unsure if carregenan is added
to this.

Cathy

Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

Richard Miller wrote:
> Soy milk upsets my stomach but rice milk doesn't. Anyone knows what the
> value is of these two drinks and is that normal that soy upsets the stomach.
> If I eat tofu I get really nauseated. A little soy milk in my cereal, I can
> get away with. Anyone knows about these two drinks and how they compare with
> each other?
>
> Richard

Some people can have mild to extreme allergies to soy which can cause
upset stomach and nausea. When my daughter was very young, she used to
break out in hives form soy products, but seems to be fine now. I love
rice milk in cereal, but I find it a bit bland to drink (except for the
carab flavored ones).

For drinking, I LOVE almond milk. That one is my prefrence for coffee
as well. I find it adds a nice flavor to coffee, and again, the carob
flavored ones taste great too! I actually don't care for soy milk
anyway because of the slight aftertaste, but I haven't tried all the
brands.

As for tofu, I don't know. Maybe some others have some thoughts.
Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

Isabeau wrote:
> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
> 'by believing, one sees'
> "Richard Miller" > wrote in message
>
>>Soy milk upsets my stomach but rice milk doesn't. Anyone knows what the
>>value is of these two drinks and is that normal that soy upsets the

> stomach.
>
>>If I eat tofu I get really nauseated. A little soy milk in my cereal, I

> can
>
>>get away with. Anyone knows about these two drinks and how they compare

> with
>
>>each other?
>>
>>Richard
>>

> I think the best one for you might be the one that doesn't upset your
> stomach and digestion. Me personally I use raw almond milk that I make
> myself in my blender.
>
> Almond Milk
> 1/2 cup raw almonds
> 3 dates, pitted or raw honey to taste
> 3 cups water
>
> Prep. Soak almonds at least 8 hrs in water.
>
> Me I don't pre-soak the almonds mostly because I usually forget to and I
> have a Vita Mix blender that can almost liquify a rock lol, and although the
> recipe calls for straining the milk after I really hate tossing all that
> good nutrition down the drain. I use it as is. yummmm!

Great! I've always wanted to try making my own. This one I'll have to
try! ')

Posted to alt.food.vegan

Richard Miller wrote:
> Soy milk upsets my stomach but rice milk doesn't. Anyone knows what the
> value is of these two drinks and is that normal that soy upsets the stomach.
> If I eat tofu I get really nauseated. A little soy milk in my cereal, I can
> get away with. Anyone knows about these two drinks and how they compare with
> each other?

Soy milk makes you ill. Rice milk doesn't. Surely that's all you need
know. Diet is not one size fits all. Listen to your body.

> Richard

Ping: Wendy - rice milk Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 2 21-07-2013 09:13 PM
Rice milk recipes w/o a blender? orolo Vegan 3 30-03-2009 02:23 PM
Rice milk. Anne General Cooking 0 20-06-2007 04:41 PM
Horchata (Cinnamon Rice Milk) pamjd Mexican Cooking 7 17-01-2007 08:55 PM
Horchata (Cinnamon Rice Milk) pamjd General Cooking 27 17-01-2007 05:08 AM