Posted to alt.food.vegan

Default Boca Burger Products

I was just looking at the Boca site and noticed that they altered some
more of their products to be vegan now. I hope to find them at a store
near me.

http://www.bocaburger.com
Posted to alt.food.vegan

"Elderberry Blossom" > wrote in message
news
>I was just looking at the Boca site and noticed that they
>altered some more of their products to be vegan now. I hope to
>find them at a store near me.
> ================================

Truly amazing how far veg*n loons will go to make their food
TASTE like meat! Then you add in all the death and suffering
from the plowing, planting, spraying, harvesting, and porocessing
of soy, and you end up with a maasive pile of dead animals. The
difference? One cow will provide 1000s of burgers for one death,
and your burgers can cause many deaths per burger. What a hoot!
The idiocy of veg*ns knows no bounds...

> http://www.bocaburger.com

Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

Elderberry Blossom wrote:
> I was just looking at the Boca site and noticed that they altered some
> more of their products to be vegan now. I hope to find them at a store
> near me.
>

> http://www.bocaburger.com

Thanks for the link!
Posted to alt.food.vegan
nyx nyx is offline

rick wrote:
> "Elderberry Blossom" > wrote in message
> news >
>>I was just looking at the Boca site and noticed that they
>>altered some more of their products to be vegan now. I hope to
>>find them at a store near me.
>>================================

> Truly amazing how far veg*n loons will go to make their food
> TASTE like meat!

Nobody ever said veg*n's don't like the taste of meat, just the harmful
health effects from it like...HEART DISEASE!!!!
Then you add in all the death and suffering
Who died? And who suffered? - the farmers? I suppose
carrot/lettuce/tomato/green pepper/vegetable etc. farmers "suffer" the
same...."
> from the plowing, planting, spraying,

spraying? Gee, if it's "sprayed" I'm not eating it...organic all the
way for me...
harvesting, and porocessing
> of soy,

and just so you know, not ALL "meat" substutites come from soy, I'll let
you do the resarch on that one..
And what do you think they feed those cows? I believe GRAIN must be in
your words " plowed, planted, sprayed, harvested, and processed because
in many cases, cows do not get to graze the wild fields.
and you end up with a maasive pile of dead animals.
How do you exactly end up with a "massive pile of dead animals" from
processing soy? Please, do enlighten me..
The
> difference? One cow will provide 1000s of burgers for one death,
> and your burgers can cause many deaths per burger.

I'd like to know the numbers, you say 1000s, are we talking 1000s of soy
bean plants? Please, explain yourself..
What a hoot!
> The idiocy of veg*ns knows no bounds...

You won't convert me, cause I can't get my vitamin C from a cow, sorry
just aint gonna happen! Give me an orange over an overprocessed Vit C
tablet any day!

>>http://www.bocaburger.com

Posted to alt.food.vegan

"nyx" > wrote in message
> rick wrote:
>> "Elderberry Blossom" > wrote in message
>> news >>
>>>I was just looking at the Boca site and noticed that they
>>>altered some more of their products to be vegan now. I hope
>>>to find them at a store near me.
>>>================================

>> Truly amazing how far veg*n loons will go to make their food
>> TASTE like meat!

> Nobody ever said veg*n's don't like the taste of meat, just the
> harmful health effects from it like...HEART DISEASE!!!!

======================================
LOL get a crip....

> Then you add in all the death and suffering
> Who died? And who suffered? - the farmers?

==============================
Animals, millions upon millions of them. Systematically and
deliberately. There is no way that a tofu burger caused less
death and suffering overall than a real burger made from
grass-fed beef or game.

I suppose
> carrot/lettuce/tomato/green pepper/vegetable etc. farmers
> "suffer" the same...."
>> from the plowing, planting, spraying,

> spraying? Gee, if it's "sprayed" I'm not eating it...organic
> all the way for me...

==============================
LOL caught by the hype and lys, huh? Organic does not mean
pesticide free, or cruelty-free. Organic pesticides are just as
toxic, and in some cases even more so to a wider array of
non-target animals. Plus, they are applied more often, and in
larger quantities.

> harvesting, and porocessing
>> of soy,

> and just so you know, not ALL "meat" substutites come from soy,
> I'll let you do the resarch on that one..

==================================
They ALL come from mass produced mono-culture crops. ALL those
crops require massive inputs from the petro-chemical industry
when compared to grass-fedd beff or game meats.

> And what do you think they feed those cows?

==========================
Grass. Ever hear of it? Groes quite well all on it's ownn.
Now, if YOU could eat it directly, you'd have something in the
veg*n lunacy, but since you cannot, and it's plentiful, it makes
perfect sense to let cattle and game conv ert it to healthy,
nutrietious foods.

I believe GRAIN must be in
> your words " plowed, planted, sprayed, harvested, and processed
> because in many cases, cows do not get to graze the wild
> fields.

======================================
ALL Beef cattle are grazed in the US, liar. And then only about
3/4 of those are sent to feed-lots. Maybe it's YOU that should
learn a few things from research, eh? I've done mine, and I know
the death toll your veggies cause. maybe you like to ignore the
bloody footprints you track all over, but the rest of us can see
them.

> and you end up with a maasive pile of dead animals.
> How do you exactly end up with a "massive pile of dead animals"
> from processing soy? Please, do enlighten me..

====================================
see list at end...
Plowing, seeding, spraying, harvesting, storage, chemical
processing of soy....
All are mechanically intensive processes the rely on massive
inputs from the petro-chemical industry.
Now, add the numbers of animals that die from resourse extraction
and refining....

> The
>> difference? One cow will provide 1000s of burgers for one
>> death, and your burgers can cause many deaths per burger.

> I'd like to know the numbers, you say 1000s, are we talking
> 1000s of soy bean plants? Please, explain yourself..

Each field of soy beans is a process that depends on mechanical
and chemical industries.
Anmimals die in those processes. Plus, since you've created an
unnatural environment full of easy food and cover, many animals
over-populate that area during the summer. There can be up to
1000s of animals per ACRE, not per field, per acre!
Even if they all don't die directly under the whees and mechanics
of the machines, they are left at the end of the season with no
food and cover. That leaves tham to die from starvation and
predation. And, to complete your next idea, no, they all can't
just scurry off to the surrounding areas as those natural areas
will already be at or near their own carry capacities naturally.
Besides, many field animals have a natural area of only 100s of
yards at the most. Many fields are far bigger than that. Plus,
all that open movement would just attract more predators.

> What a hoot!
>> The idiocy of veg*ns knows no bounds...

> You won't convert me, cause I can't get my vitamin C from a
> cow, sorry just aint gonna happen! Give me an orange over an
> overprocessed Vit C tablet any day!

====================================
You can't get b12 from an orange, fool. You can't get it from
any NATURAL veggie.
And, again, those suppliments are also products of the
petro-chemical industry.
Why is it that veg*ns have such a love affair with them? Just
like killing and environmental
destruction, or what?

Now, you want to eat crap? That's fine with me. I don't care
what your diet is. You can kill yourself with a self-hating,
people-loathing diet all you want. All I care about is the LYS
that accompany vegan lunacy.
Also, for your education, veganism is not about health.
Actually, veganism isn't even a DIET, it's a lifestyle based on a
religion....

>>>http://www.bocaburger.com

Here are some sites, with info on specific areas and
pesticides.
http://www.abcbirds.org/pesticides/pesticideindex.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/fishkill.htm
http://www.pmac.net/summer-rivers.html
http://www.pmac.net/bird_fish_CA.html
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Pn36/pn36p3.htm
http://www.wwfcanada.org/satellite/p...eFactSheet.pdf
http://www.hww.ca/hww2.asp?cid=4&id=230
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg07_Wildl...on/pg7f2b6.htm
http://ipm.ncsu.edu/wildlife/small_grains_wildlife.html
http://www.hornedlizards.org/hornedlizards/help.html
http://insects.tamu.edu/extension/bulletins/b-5093.html

Since your non-animal clothing isn't cruelty-free either,
here's a couple to cover some problems with cotton.
http://www.panna.org/panna/resources...Cotton.dv.html
http://www.sustainablecotton.org/TOUR/

To give you an idea of the sheer number of animals in a field,
here's some sites about *just* mice and voles. Note that there
can be 100s to 1000s in each acre, not the whole field.
http://www.ext.colostate.edu/Pubs/natres/06507.html
http://extension.usu.edu/publica/natrpubs/voles.pdf
http://extension.ag.uidaho.edu/district4/MG/voles.html
http://www.forages.css.orst.edu/Topi...rate/Mice.html
http://www.utextension.utk.edu/publi...les/pb1600.pdf
http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/v...a=458&q=150643
http://faculty.njcu.edu/fmoran/vol4fieldmouse.htm

To cover your selfish pleasure of using usenet, and
maintaining a web page on same, here's are a couple
dealing with power and communications.
http://www.clearwater.org/news/powerplants.html
http://www.towerkill.com/index.html
http://www.closeindianpoint.org/articles/tjn_071103.htm

And, an extra, just because it's 'organic' doesn't make it safe.
Special potatoes and celery were bred to increase their
resistance
pest, and create one where pesticides were not needed. The
results
were good, as to not needing extra pesticides, however....

"...Breeding methods and other "substitutes" used as
alternatives to pesticide chemicals can expose consumers to
greater risks. This is a recognized problem particularly in
cases where farmers breed plants to become more
insect-resistant, a "natural" substitute to using synthetic
pesticides. In one particular case, breeders grew a special
type of highly insect-resistant celery to avoid using
pesticides. It wasn’t until after the people handling the
celery developed a serious rash that it was discovered the
special celery contained 6,200 parts per billion of
carcinogenic psoralens, a natural chemical that heightens
sensitivity to the sun’s rays; conventionally grown celery
protected with synthetic pesticides contains approximately
800 parts per billion. The same occurred when scientists
bred a "pest-free" potato. The breeders found that the
potato "was so full of natural pesticides that it was acutely
poisonous to humans." By using synthetic pesticides, therefore,
farmers and food producers often are indirectly protecting
consumers from potential risks from natural pesticides which
scientists have found can be carcinogenic..."
http://www.consumeralert.org/pubs/research/CRFeb00.htm